Rumor: New Zelda Will Be Majora's Mask Sequel

The Lizard of Odd

Jun 23, 2009
I would be VERY excited to be returning to either the Hero of Time or wolf-Link. It's nice when they just say, "okay it's the same guy furthering his adventure", rather than saying "it's a different guy" when it really just...isn't.
ANYway. Would love to return to further a previous story. Art style suggests twilight princess, but OOT would be sweet too. Majora's Mask wasn't my favorite game really...the change from standard gameplay style was nice, but I hated the 3 day over and over thing.
I'm just rambling at this point aren't I? Zelda excites me, but I know better than to flip out over news/rumors this early. When I see a trailer, THEN I'll get hyped.

Flying-Emu

Oct 30, 2008
geldonyetich said:
More likely: New Zelda will be Majora's Mask remake.
I would shit my pants with joy and name my firstborn son after whoever the fuck authorized this.

Graustein

Jun 15, 2008
Julianking93 said:
madriani said:
Julianking93 said:
Oh please let it be so!!!!

MM was my absolute favorite Zelda and I want it to be really the sequel.

Now all I have to do is buy a Wii.

Anyone know any games that are worth buying a Wii for? I don't want to shell out 200 dollars for one game.

If you like the Legend of Zelda games, you would like Okami
Had it on PS2, thought it was great.

Got it on Wii and hated it.
I played it first on the Wii, and the obvious shoddiness of the port couldn't detract from the sheer brilliance of that game.

To be honest, even though Majora's Mask is one of my favourite games ever (past and future tense included in that statement), I'm not orgasmically excited by this, mostly due to its shaky status as an unconfirmed rumour. If it does turn out to be Majora's Mask-esque, then I will rejoice, but not before. If it does not turn out to be Majora's Mask-esque, I'll still look forward to it, because Nintendo has so far failed to disappoint me on the Zelda front. This includes Phantom Hourglass, which I loved for the smooth touchscreen integration. Not as much of the classic Zelda charm, but I don't judge games based on how much they are or are not like their predecessors unless it actually becomes tiresome (this is why I am playing Pokemon Platinum as we speak and loving it).

Danman1

Mar 27, 2009
Heart of Darkness said:
I call bullshit on the whole Majora's Mask sequel thing. I really don't see Nintendo putting out more than one Zelda trilogy.

Also, I hope this isn't true. I hated Majora's Mask.

YOU DUMB A... -swallows nerd rage- ... You can't deny it was more interesting than most of the other games. At the very least it was the most artsy thing on the N64

Heart of Darkness

The final days of His Trolliness
Jul 1, 2009
Danman1 said:
Heart of Darkness said:
I call bullshit on the whole Majora's Mask sequel thing. I really don't see Nintendo putting out more than one Zelda trilogy.

Also, I hope this isn't true. I hated Majora's Mask.

YOU DUMB A... -swallows nerd rage- ... You can't deny it was more interesting than most of the other games. At the very least it was the most artsy thing on the N64
Actually, I can. On both parts. It's called an opinion.

I'd rather not get into a debate about this right now, either, to preempt the inevitable backlash that I will receive for my distaste for MM.

Danman1

Mar 27, 2009
Macksheath said:
Random Argument Man said:
Macksheath said:
Also, Happy Mask Man is the best villain evar.
Umm....What? He was a villain in that sad excuse of manga. However, I don't remember him to be a villain.
Yeah, the manga influenced me on that comment.

Still, I hate the way he laughs at Majora's Mask. Why the hell would any collecter laugh at a mask that can bring the moon down on you?

It's rather High-Brow, but I can see the humor in it.

Danman1

Mar 27, 2009
Charlie_Brown said:
John Funk said:
- Link may not be getting the series' traditional Master Sword after all. Instead, his weapon will develop and unlock further abilities as the game progresses.

- The game will not take place in Hyrule, but will feature Link as the Hero of Time - also known as the Link that was the protagonist of Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask (presumably, grown up after being turned back into a child at the end of OoT and adventuring in Termina during Majora's Mask).
If this is a sequel to MM then it will absolutely not be featuring the Master Sword. It was laid to rest in the pedestal of time at the end of OoT, sealing Ganon until the events of the Windwaker. It does mean however, that [strong]there won't be any Zelda[/strong]!
The white figure is expected by many to be the [a href="http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/Queen_of_Fairies"]Fairy Queen[/a], my guess is that she empowers herself into a sword in some way to help Link.
Great Fairy Sword FTW

V TheSystem V

Sep 11, 2009
I want this to be true, but if they use the same time mechanic that they used in Majora's Mask I will not be amused. The game was good but I hated the fact that to save you had to undo EVERY unfinished task. Was too irritating

Brock Samson

Mar 29, 2010
Ftaghn To You Too said:
jimduckie said:
i hated majoras mask , the wind walker animated link was a bad thing , should of updated ocrina of time , and hopefully navi won't be a pain this time or a jar awaits

yeah i might of spelled the flute thing wrong but you get the title
Am I the only one who liked Windwaker? (Other then that GOD. DAMNED. FORTRESS. SNEAKING, of course.)

Edit: Not liked, LOVED Windwaker.
I feel the same way.. Wind Waker may be my favorite zelda after Link to the Past. But i'm weird, i loved phantom hourglass and spirit tracks which everyone seems to hate and i didnt care for Twilight Princess much even though i beat it. I want a wind waker/phantom hourglass sequel!!

Kelethor

Jun 24, 2008
Please don't bring back the three day system, PLEASE don't bring back the three day system...

yundex

Nov 19, 2009
Are motion controls REQUIRED for games like this? Can we use only the buttons?

LightOfDarkness

Mar 18, 2010
Julianking93 said:
Oh please let it be so!!!!

MM was my absolute favorite Zelda and I want it to be really the sequel.

Now all I have to do is buy a Wii.

Anyone know any games that are worth buying a Wii for? I don't want to shell out 200 dollars for one game.
Super Smash Bro.s Brawl, Red Steel 2, Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom, Metroid Prime 3 (kinda old though)

OT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CQ8zRFZGwY
Skip to 2:28 for my reaction.

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
Kelethor said:
Please don't bring back the three day system, PLEASE don't bring back the three day system...
I say leave out time systems altogether. I'm looking at you Phantom Hourglass; a timed temple that you have to go back to every time you beat another temple, is not fun. I don't know what put it in the makers' heads that doing the same stuff over and over again with a very small new part each time is good game making.

Leave timed parts to little in game mini-games that aren't part of the large scope of the game. I can understand having a time limit on trying to hit a certain amount of targets to get a prize, but not as a main game mechanic. It was a mechanic in the past for games like Super Mario Bros. because there wasn't anything else that would make it harder, but today we have other things to make games difficult.

yundex said:
You are worrying about nothing. If I remember correctly, players could use a gamecube or classic controller for Twilight Princess.

Though I used the Wii-mote and chuck for it. I actually like using it. It's not like it actually took any physical effort.

yundex

Nov 19, 2009
Sonic Doctor said:
Kelethor said:
I say leave out time systems altogether. I'm looking at you Phantom Hourglass; a timed temple that you have to go back to every time you beat another temple, is not fun. I don't know what put it in the makers' heads that doing the same stuff over and over again with a very small new part each time is good game making.

Leave timed parts to little in game mini-games that aren't part of the large scope of the game. I can understand having a time limit on trying to hit a certain amount of targets to get a prize, but not as a main game mechanic. It was a mechanic in the past for games like Super Mario Bros. because there wasn't anything else that would make it harder, but today we have other things to make games difficult.

yundex said:
You are worrying about nothing. If I remember correctly, players could use a gamecube or classic controller for Twilight Princess.

Though I used the Wii-mote and chuck for it. I actually like using it. It's not like it actually took any physical effort.
Yes, but I never had and don't have a wii, and i'd only get one for zelda. From what i've heard about various games is that jerking the controller is required sometimes, and I don't want to spend the money if that's the case with zelda.