Rumor: Nintendo's New Console Will Make You Feel

M-JN

Jan 26, 2009
This would be a GREAT time for those A rated games to start popping up, just sayin'.

Darzen

Aug 27, 2009
This would be great with some japanses games that'll never be avaliable in america and you have to be 18 or older to own them if you know what i mean ;)...wait isn't nintendo already a japanese company?

ArmorArmadillo

Mar 31, 2010
Then comes the memo to all developers "You're going to have to include at least 3 minigames where a character has to differentiate between textures. In Nintendo innovation tradition, they must be clunky, wreck pacing and be very obviously shoehorned in to showcase technology"

Troublesome Lagomorph

The Deadliest Bunny
May 26, 2009
First and foremost: I call bullshit. This all sounds like a load of epic bullcrap.
manythings said:
They didn't change they way I played, I tried it and it sucked balls so I went back to what I did before.

Also I hope touchscreens go out of fashion, they get fucking disgusting after five minutes of use.
This. Also: I can smell the gimmicks that will come out this from a dozen miles away.
And I get the feeling it will hardly be functional for a good chunk of it's life... kinda like the wii.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
If that means i can stroke my Pokemon and Throw Pokeballs then i am fecking in!

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
Ugh I hate the pre-E3 period. All these rumors coming out of everywhere. Can't everyone just wait until E3 to get the true information instead of making rumors for a month and a half? Bleh.

Anyway, you know what was a good controller, Nintendo?

I'm taking a break from using one to play an old GameCube game, actually. I forgot how great that controller was, and it makes me wish more Wii games supported it. Would anything really be lost from Super Mario Galaxy if I could press B to attack and I wasn't able to shoot the useless star bits at enemies? I think not.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Fronzel said:
They've really become addicted to cheap gee-whiz gimmicks, haven't they?
JUMBO PALACE said:
Oh look, another gimmick. Awesome.
They may be Gimmicks, but Nintendo do it right, and lets face it, Kids love Gimmicks.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
arc1991 said:
They may be Gimmicks, but Nintendo do it right, and lets face it, Kids love Gimmicks.
Sometimes they do it right, anyway. I cannot thank them enough for the ability to turn off the useless 3D on the 3DS.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
By the way, the word "gimmick" is absolutely the stupidest and least useful term in online videogame discussion. Just for the record.

Cid SilverWing said:
scyther250 said:
Why do they insist on making consoles, and the games on them, revolve around their ridiculous gimmicks? I just want to play my Metroid and Zelda and Kirby with normal analog sticks and buttons. You know, controls that work perfectly.
Seconded to infinity.

I stopped reading at the "simulate texture" bit. I'm starting to think Nintendo is secretly a vampire that hisses at the proven concept of two analog sticks, a D-pad and 4-6 primary buttons (plus optional shoulder buttons and maybe Trigger buttons in the back).

Wait a second. How did we go from this [http://gbatemp.net/pix/253812/Snes_control.jpg] to this [http://museumofgames.net/gamecube_controller.jpg] and then finally to this [http://images.wikia.com/gamespedia/de/images/0/0c/WiiMote.jpg]?
All reports thus far indicate that the Wii 2 / Cafe / Feel will have exactly that. Plus the touchscreen.

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
arc1991 said:
They get it right sometimes.

And kids aren't even the main demographic for games anymore. The average gamer is in his/her 30s.

If this is true, this new system will end up just like the Wii; huge early sales and no software support leading to a crash.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Fronzel said:
arc1991 said:
Fronzel said:
They've really become addicted to cheap gee-whiz gimmicks, haven't they?
JUMBO PALACE said:
Oh look, another gimmick. Awesome.
Do it right? How? The DS touch-screen sometimes makes things more convenient, but there aren't that many games that make much use of it. It's mostly been treated as another Game Boy by developers.

And what good has the Wii's motion controls every brought us?
Hey the motion controls aren't that bad, sure they are terrible on some games, but on most they work fine.

But if you had to pick Kinect or Wii...which would you pick...honestly.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Next you'll be telling me it gets warmer in fire/lava levels, and cold during the ice levels. I am kind of shocked, actually. I haven't heard a whisper of this kind of technology. Holy crap Nintendo has been busy these past few years. No wonder they only put out a AAA game every now and again...

MasterJuice

Dec 27, 2010
No no no, no no no no. No no, no, no. Nonononono. There is absolutely no reason for this. I refuse to believe that this is true. I'm actually very surprised that Escapist reported this, even as a rumor.

ninja51

Mar 28, 2010
NEWSFLASH:

Apperently the new Nintendo console also prints golden money and masturbates you at the same time!!!

C'mon people, be realistic, The Wii 2 can AT BEST be the equal of the 360 and PS3 just with old crappy motion controls.