Rumor: PSN Hackers Already Have Third Attack Ready to Go

jackpipsam

SEGA fanboy
Jun 2, 2009
Also the mainstream press keeps on going up, sony is getting pwned worse and worse every second

Corpse XxX

Jan 19, 2009
I so beg to the skies that they catch whomever has done this and nail them up to the walls by their scrumpy cowardly balls!

Hey.. That rhymes!

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
Sparrow said:
For the love of god. What the hell are these people attempting to achieve, other than being giant wankers?
You're question kind of answers itself

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
Corpse XxX said:
I so beg to the skies that they catch whomever has done this and nail them up to the walls by their scrumpy cowardly balls!

Hey.. That rhymes!
o_o But, what if its a woman?

p.s.Good rhyme.

Corpse XxX

Jan 19, 2009
Imp Emissary said:
Corpse XxX said:

Hey.. That rhymes!
o_o But, what if its a woman?

p.s.Good rhyme.

I tried looking for better quality but i failed.... So did they..

Eggsnham

Apr 29, 2009
So from what I see:

The hackers are giant ass-****-phalli who have way too much time on their hands to be doing this shit.

And SONY is a paranoid, overprotective parent who just can't accept that PSN is going to be manipulated no matter how many times you rewrite the security.

Both of these groups are spending way too much time and resources on keeping us from our hobbies (in some cases lifestyle, whateva' floats ya' boat, ya' know?).

Both of them need to grow up already. Shit.

Droppa Deuce

Dec 23, 2010
Man, these tech-hunks are going all out.

I hope this gets resolved soon, I realy wanna play Brink online next week.

They should target Xbox Live for a few weeks. At least give me a month of Brink online brahs...please?

Damn

wammnebu

Sep 25, 2010
Can you imagine what its like to be in a sony office right now? Employees and manager are probably starting to look at their tall office windows more fondly now

wehrp3nguin

Dec 21, 2009
From the looks of the last PS3 commercial to air, Kevin Butler is training with Navy SEALs. Don't worry he'll get these guys... *Imagines Kevin exploding through the wall of some nerd's basement, shooting his computers out with a Move-wand*

DaHero

Jan 10, 2011
Raiyan 1.0 said:
Brace for impact!

MelasZepheos said:
Man, these hackers are so clearly the good guys while Sony are so clearly the bad guys. I mean, who would support Sony in this situation? They're the greedy exploitative ones and they deserve this.
The sarcasm is strong in this one.

But tell me, who has been defending the hackers?
Well when Anonymous came in everyone started supporting various hackers. Now that we're seeing the true side of hacking everyone hates them.

Kind of a step up from their usual wallhack on Call of Duty...

Pearwood

Mar 24, 2010
God, these people do know eventually they'll go too far and spend a decade or two in prison right?

wammnebu said:
Can you imagine what its like to be in a sony office right now? Employees and manager are probably starting to look at their tall office windows more fondly now
I imagine it won't be long before an admin snaps and gets caught applying a chainsaw to the server in frustration.

winter2

Oct 10, 2009
Swifteye said:
This is like some sort of crazy cyber nightmare. If the next tron movie isn't about these hackers hacking sony tron style and the FBI tracking them too the tune of daft punk then all this sorrow will be for nothing!
That.... would be awesome.

Atheist.

Overmind
Sep 12, 2008
Littlee300 said:
Atheist. said:
Seriously Sony. Why were you stupid enough to take off the Other OS option, and sue someone for posting your root key that caused the majority of this?

Silly Sony. Good thing I haven't touched my PS3 in a few months, or I'd be pretty pissed right now.
How ridiculous!! A corporation trying to prevent its products being stolen? INSANE!
Care to wager how much money they've lost by doing so? The number of people that actually used the feature to pirate games is insanely small compared to the damage to their finances, and image.

Making your users choose between two advertised features is weak. "Hey guys, you can either have the Other OS option... or use any aspect of the PSN and all future patched content."

Whatever though. I don't have any problems with Sony, but I certainly don't feel bad for them right now either.

Guac

May 7, 2011
Genuinely sick of all these stupid attacks.
I'd also love to know what exactly they're doing with all of our precious information.

Should I be expecting a knock on my door asking me for my wallet?

Littlee300

Oct 26, 2009
Atheist. said:
Littlee300 said:
Atheist. said:
Seriously Sony. Why were you stupid enough to take off the Other OS option, and sue someone for posting your root key that caused the majority of this?

Silly Sony. Good thing I haven't touched my PS3 in a few months, or I'd be pretty pissed right now.
How ridiculous!! A corporation trying to prevent its products being stolen? INSANE!
Care to wager how much money they've lost by doing so? The number of people that actually used the feature to pirate games is insanely small compared to the damage to their finances, and image.

Making your users choose between two advertised features is weak. "Hey guys, you can either have the Other OS option... or use any aspect of the PSN and all future patched content."

Whatever though. I don't have any problems with Sony, but I certainly don't feel bad for them right now either.
It is not DRM, it is not hassling people who actually buy the game, just pirates.It is not like people can also make mods with games with the root key.

Atheist.

Overmind
Sep 12, 2008
Littlee300 said:
Atheist. said:
Littlee300 said:
Atheist. said:

It is not DRM, it is not hassling people who actually buy the game, just pirates.It is not like people can also make mods with games with the root key.
Other OS =/= rootkey. People who were genuinely using their PS3's as a functioning computer are pissed about being given the previously mentioned ultimatum. I understand that the combination of the rootkey and using the Other OS can lead to piracy, but using the Other OS feature itself doesn't automatically make one a pirate.

I didn't mention games, I mentioned hardware. And they were hassling people when they made them choose between Other OS and updates/PSN usage a few firmware patches ago.

Devil's Due

Sep 27, 2008
I know people are probably going to hate me for this: but am I the only one that finds this hilarious? Not the whole publishing details stuff, but the fact a few hackers have managed to pull off such a feat twice, have Sony, Homeland Security, and the FBI after them, and still having enough time to plan for a third.

Doesn't mean it's right, but still. We spend billions of dollars annually to prevent this kind of stuff from happening, and a few guys on their computer can ruin everything. Why, if I didn't know any better, it could be some Korean or Chinese hackers doing it for the fun, or to piss us off. Or simply them damn kinds on their computers.

Again, I don't like what they do, but still.

Possible hate incoming for not joining the hate trail? Who knows. Dig the foxholes, men!

mikev7.0

Jan 25, 2011
Okay I haven't exactly bought SONY's appology or really given them much slack but seriously, I'm not even on PSN and now they (hackers, crackers I'm really not sure) should give SONY a break. You proved your point, let people get back to their games.

Ziadaine_v1legacy

Flamboyant Homosexual
Apr 11, 2009
Short reply: Ugh.

Long Reply: UUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Seriously, leave sony alone, what can you possibly help to achieve from hacking them again aside from showing that they're nothing more then a bunch of attic-dwelling asshats. :|