Rumor: PSN Hackers Already Have Third Attack Ready to Go

JDKJ

Oct 23, 2010
Andronicus said:
castlewise said:
I kind of doubt it. The previous hacks weren't some sort of hactivism. They were thefts, heists, if you will. People trying to steal stuff don't announce it in IRC channels days ahead of time.
If they were just thefts, then they already have all the information they could possibly want; hacking Sony for a third time, especially when the risk is so much greater this time, would just make no sense.

If they do actually attack for a third time though, I think we can assume that it's personal. If it's personal, there's a good chance that they'll want to gloat about how much better they are than Sony, in which case announcing it in IRC channels makes perfect sense.
Or it could be politically motivated. In the sense that the Anonymouse DDoS attack was politically motivated.

LordOrin

Feb 19, 2009
CrazyCapnMorgan said:
You know, I was all for Sony being handed some humble pie. However, if this rumor turns out to be true...

Let's just say I wouldn't mind the Mythbusters performing some explosive tests with these assholes. Enough is enough. Let my PS3 brethren have their on-line services back!

(For some reason, I'm singing "When Sony was in hacker's land....let Playstation go." to the tune of Ferris Bueller's Day Off after that.)
Actually the tune is from an old song called "Go Down Moses," but Ferris Beuller is awesome so I'll let it slide.

Chappy

May 17, 2010
I would hope this is a rumour because if not its going far beyond attacking Sony to attacking the gaming community and one can only hope they get a large federal prison sentance lets say 30 years each without parole?

It's a bit annoying when you'd like to be able to help PSN but can't so if there is a third attack I might weep and I don't even have a PS3.

bad rider

The prodigal son of a goat boy
Dec 23, 2007
Popido said:
"extremely unconfirmed information." Yeah no kidding.

We cant find any information about these hackers and suddenly a rumor emergences that there will be a third attack that will this time reveal the contect they steal from the attacks.

If this rumor becomes true, I seriously need to ask WTF IS GOING ON!?!?
If this rumor becomes true I will need to use the internets emergency exit.

sneakypenguin

Elite Member
Legacy
Jul 31, 2008
Country
usa
I almost hope this is true just because its fascinating in a way to see a corporation 2 steps behind everything like sony has been. If they did go in again and steal info that is simply amazing. Like the Babe calling his shot, a "we are coming, going to do this, and you can't stop it" that would be incredible to see.

Also does PSN not have a "free" alternative like _____ or_____ for the xbox.

EDIT2, yes they do.

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
LordOrin said:
CrazyCapnMorgan said:
You know, I was all for Sony being handed some humble pie. However, if this rumor turns out to be true...

Let's just say I wouldn't mind the Mythbusters performing some explosive tests with these assholes. Enough is enough. Let my PS3 brethren have their on-line services back!

(For some reason, I'm singing "When Sony was in hacker's land....let Playstation go." to the tune of Ferris Bueller's Day Off after that.)
Actually the tune is from an old song called "Go Down Moses," but Ferris Beuller is awesome so I'll let it slide.
Actually, I first heard it on a Phoenix Wrong video and then watched Ferris Beuller. Must agree FB is awesome.

harvz

Jun 20, 2010
maybe sony will get the message, pull the f****ng servers physical connections when you believe a breach is in progress/going to happen/has happened.

it would not shock me if they had some sign that they were being hacked, they wouldn't be so stupid to not have any secu...oh, uh, they were relying completely that the client (ps3) was 100% secure and not "jailbroken", oh dear... run for the hills.

i would like people to note, though i dont have a ps3 (not enough incentive to get me one), probably my favorite console other than the 360 is the ps2.

JDKJ

Oct 23, 2010
CrazyCapnMorgan said:
LordOrin said:
CrazyCapnMorgan said:

Actually, I first heard it on a Phoenix Wrong video and then watched Ferris Beuller. Must agree FB is awesome.
It's an old Negro spiritual as old as slavery itself is old. It's an oblique reference to captivity in a strange land based on the Israelite's captivity under Pharaoh from which they were led by Moses. You can read all about it in the Bible or Torah in the Book of Exodus.

Eijarel

Jul 13, 2010
In my personal opinion,(yes rant) this whole business with blaming anon with everything that goes wrong in the Internets, is ultimately being used as scapegoat tool by; A(hackes, because guess wut, hackers have always existed before the whole anon movement, not every single hacker in the world IS officially associated with anon) and B(Hitting the whole conspiracy theory, it might just be a company/government attempting to use this attacks to turn public opinion against anon, over-blowing their actions so that one day be used as an excuse for even bigger crackdown and the lost of couple others civil liberties..like always)

Nazz3

Sep 11, 2009
I find it unreal that a huge company like Sony cant protect their servers against a small group of hackers. Seriously, get your shit together.

stabnex

Jun 30, 2009
I say stick it to the fuckers. Sony sucks. Disabling Netflix was the reason I sold my PS3 this week.

CheckD3

Dec 9, 2009
Well we can all agree that Anon isn't responsible for the attacks. Yes you could argue that everyone is Anon, but I think that the overall Anon group that publicly speaks out exactly what they're fighting didn't do it, and the letter of Anon saying "We didn't do it" could hold some weight.

Honestly, if they want some lulls, they'd find out who these hackers are and turn them in, since they're attacking us, the people whom they say they're working for. What could Anon do that would help us by making our info public and making it so we can't play games online anymore.

Anon, if you're reading this, please find them and turn them in. We want to play our games, we want to be able to go online on our PS3s, and do what we want. And these dipshits are ruining it for everyone

I'm sure I'll get attacked for saying this, but I don't care. I feel really bad for Sony now. You can argue that they left security down, and yada yada, but it doesn't sound like they were the big targets, at least from this report. It sounds like it was done to attack us, the players, and to do it they had to get through Sony. It's like blood bending, they're controlling Sony to attack us by stealing information.

These hackers are just getting on my fucking nerves. I want my online games, my netflix, and to not worry about my information being put online. And I'm sure I'm not the only person who feels this way

Space Spoons

Aug 21, 2008
Man, this just keeps getting worse and worse. I don't know if Sony will be able to come back from this.

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
JDKJ said:
CrazyCapnMorgan said:
LordOrin said:
CrazyCapnMorgan said:

It's an old Negro spiritual as old as slavery itself is old. It's an oblique reference to captivity in a strange land based on the Israelite's captivity under Pharaoh from which they were led by Moses. You can read all about it in the Bible or Torah in the Book of Exodus.
Oh, I know. I'm attempting a gig at being a stand-up comedian. To that end, my motto "There is no knowledge that is not power" has made me a diligent library bookworm. I've read the Bible, Torah and the Qu'Ran. Also, I'd have to recommend "The Religions of Man" by Huston Smith for those wishing to seek a comprehensive overview of the different relgions of the world. Now, back to the topic at hand...

May these hackers know holy hell if they delay the reactivation of the on-line services of the PS3. This coming from someone who plays mainly XBox.

Bretty

Jul 15, 2008
At this point I bet those network and net sec guys are going to burning the candle at both ends. I can only imagine the amount of money Sony is dumping into the talent pool internationally.

I look forward to hearing some of the Net. Sec. guy's stories about this endeavor.

Oh and to the hackers.... fuck you.

LetalisK

May 5, 2010
If the hackers are attacking Sony because they're an "evil" corporation, they're attacks are counter-productive as they are generating sympathy for Sony more than anything.