Russian Media Suggests Modern Warfare 2 Trained Terrorists

^=ash=^

Sep 23, 2009
Wow, just wow. I remeber first hearing the report and thinking 'this will be blamed on MW2' .. and this proves my powers of clairvoyance.

ajh93

Feb 11, 2010
CARRYING YOUR BOMBS OUT IN THE OPEN IS NOT A FORMULA FOR SUCCESS IN A *SUICIDE BOMBING*!
it is not a formula for success in ANYTHING WHATSOEVER!

Eldarion

Sep 30, 2009
To suggest that part of the game was profound enough to be used as terrorist training I think is giving the game way to much credit.

Desworks

Nov 18, 2009
Daemascus said:
I think this is a first, blaming a video game for terrorism.
Exactly what I was thinking. We've been upgraded from Murder simulators to Terrorism ones.

By the end of the year, we should be up to Genocide which places us perfectly to take the blame should the world end in 2012! We win at being blamed!

Thedayrecker

Jun 23, 2010
When I first heard this story I said this to my friend as a joke.

Didn't think anyone was dumb enough to acctually think it...

supermariner

Aug 27, 2010
and the car accident on the A180 motorway this morning was clearly a product of Need for Speed

i know the article says that they have only implied that they're blaming the game
but come on. Idiots can't ACTUALLY think this can they?
it must be some sort of comfort thing, having something to bame

jyork89

Jun 29, 2010
The game may have been used to get the terrorists in question into the correct mindset, or given them ideas (ie, to attack an airport). However so many forms of media can do that. Can anyone who has played Flight Simulator honestly say that they have never gotten bored and crashed a plane into "insert famous landmark here" just for the hell of it. I'm pretty sure the designers didn't have that in mind when they made the game. As for all the action/war films out there, surely they must give terrorists ideas.

By blaming a game/movie/book/song we are ultimately losing focus on the true culprit, which is the person who actually made the conscious decision to commit the crime. The media would be better blaming whatever organisation actually committed the attack. I'm going to take an absolute stab in the dark and guess that it WASN'T Infinity Ward or Activision.

djpobletay

Feb 24, 2009
So true. Thats why I'm training to be a surgeon by playing Trauma Center. Also in case of a zombie apocalypse I'm playing Left 4 Dead so I know how to work with others and Dead Rising just in case I'm alone.

Low Key

May 7, 2009
Wouldn't terrorists actually practice whatever they're going to do in a live setting? Sitting on one's ass playing video games seems counter productive, especially in a highly unrealistic simulated environment with regenerating health and the like. Just saying...

Revista sin valor

Dec 5, 2009
Is Walid Phares' lawyer Jack Thompson or just his drinking buddy?

I'm pretty sure the player is warned before starting the single player campaign and skip the mission in advance. Heck you can spend the mission majority of the mission visiting the shops and doing anything BUT shooting. Besides the level was removed from Russian versions of the game.

OldAccount

Sep 10, 2010
Training using MW2?

Anyone who's actually played the game will agree putting what works in Call of Duty into practice in real world combat will get you killed. Quickly.

garfoldsomeoneelse

Charming, But Stupid
Mar 22, 2009
Show me a group of terrorists than ran around with scoped, bolt-action hunting rifles and scored kills on people by glancing down the sights for a millisecond, and your accusations will hold water. Until then... no.

EDIT: I blame Diehard 2.