Saddest Fictional Death

Offworlder_v1legacy

Ya Old Mate
May 3, 2009
Impluse_101 said:
Z of the Na said:

I literally shed a single tear.

[sub]Then I quick-loaded to before this point and made sure that didn't happen.[/sub]
What....what.......what the...what.........

DAM YOU BIOWARE!!!!!!!
NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I did't know they both did it. (I've never killed him so go me :) )

Lambchops

Mar 18, 2010
*SPOILER*

Garrus from Mass Effect 2...
i wasn't so much saddened as i was in shock and yelling hurtful words at the collecters.

Custard_Angel

Aug 6, 2009
Seymour.

Better known as Fry's dog from Futurama in the episode Jurassic Bark.

That moment when he lies down after so many years, closes his eyes and everything goes black.

MANLY TEARS.

I hate the people who made that episode. I love the people who made that episode.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Lelouch from Code Geass, even in death hes still the most badass anime character ever.

Manly tears FTW

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Guys, guys Spoiler Tags!

Ahem... no death from Band of Brothers was fictional so I can't say anything from that...

Captain Miller's death in Saving Private Ryan. That girl from Bridge to Teribethea.

Also to be honest, Dobby's death in Harry Potter 7.
Bubba's death in Forrest Gump. It's hard to get the shock from deaths as they're spoiled a lot these days...

Kingsman said:
You asked for it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKNRfMyjcVo&feature=related
He waited, Fry. HE WAITED.

AND YOU NEVER CAME. ;_;
Damn it! That... so damn... sad... just shed some tears right there. Alright more than a few...

Dr Ravage

May 19, 2009
Chrono Crusade

Sister Rosette and Chrono dying in each other's arms, she was only 16 :'(

DazBurger

May 22, 2009
Benmonkey7 said:
When Lucien kills your dog. I loved my dog so much.
This.

I rarely care for human character-deaths. Often to a degree that I try to kill em my self..
What? They were in my way dammit!

So either the dog or... The 223 centimeters and 145.2 kilograms lump of sentimental super soldier, also known as Jorge-052 from Reach.

I also liked Sgt. Johnson, but didn't really take note of his demise.

Kingsman said:
You asked for it.

AND YOU NEVER CAME. ;_;
Damn you! Make it go away! Make it un-happen!
I hate Futurama for doing that against me :,(

Scde2

Has gone too far in a few places
Mar 25, 2010
Omega V said:
JoeCool385 said:
Grand Admiral Thrawn from Timothy Zahn's Thrawn Trilogy. I mean, I know he was the villain, but damn what a villain.

"But it was so artistically done...."
this. He was so awesome, why!??! Also, his death basically doomed the galaxy to endless cycles of bloodshed; he was trying to unite the galaxy under a competent mility leadership to effectivly counter the extra-galactic threat of the Yuzan-Vong, and his death cost the lives of trillions. (and made possible several terrible plot arcs)
unfortunatly i could find a decent image of him in his grand admiral uniform
He was pretty much the last credible threat to the New Republic. I would have rooted for him if I knew the Yuuzhan Vong would have invaded the galaxy.
Mostly everything taking place chronologically after the Heir to the Empire trilogy was...meh.
And we had to get stuck with Daala...
anyway getting a little off topic.

OT: Lelouch from Code Geass and The Boss from MGS 3. I cried :(

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
Kat in Halo Reach.

AHAHAHAHAHA!! I crack myself up.

To be honest, it has to be when i accedentally let Tali die at the end if ME2.

Xerosch

Apr 19, 2008
Kingsman said:
You asked for it.

AND YOU NEVER CAME. ;_;
Yeah, I will not watch the link because I know what I'll see there. That one's epic.

And I'd like to add 'The Dark Tower'. There's one character who gets wounded so badly that there's no chance of saving. The others know this and stay by him/her, taking care of him until he/she parts (which takes about a day). The atmosphere and the unchangeable outcome made reading this very sad.

Also 'Heavy Rain'. It's the only game that had me in denial until I finished it. It's not particularly a death but the reveal that made me sad.

MetreMaidPlayer

Mar 30, 2010
I would add the end of Tears of the Sun, but mostly the character Kelly Lake. Spends the movie acting like he doesn't care about the refugees, only to die trying to save one. Also, the soundtrack during the end scene is moving

*Edit* I do apologize, I don't know how to do the spoiler tags

Cobbs

Aug 16, 2008
Elaine from the Night Angel Trilogy.
Almost topping that is Gant's death in Scarecrow

Triangulon

Nov 20, 2009
Book: The Lions of Al-Rassan by Guy Gavriel Kay
Rodrigo lets Amir kill him to end the war.

Film: Last of the Mohicans
Uncas runs ahead of the others to save her and is killed by Magua. Alice jumps off a cliff after. Every time I watch this I wish Hawkeye and Chingachcook would run faster to save them!.

VulakAerr

Mar 31, 2010
chewbacca1010 said:
Z of the Na said:

In television though, watch The Wire. There are several tragic, moving deaths per season. (Spoiler alert) Stringer, D'Angelo, Omar, Wallace (probably the harshest), Bodie, Prop Joe, Sherrod, Snoop etc. Anyone who doesn't die ends up either on the streets or in jail for life, for the most part. Tragic, amazing show.

Sadly, most of the deaths are kids from the streets.
Dammit, ninja'd. I'd put D and Bodie up there with the ones that hit me hardest. I was upset about String too because he was so close to getting out but the way he got there... he needed to "get got". Let's not forget Frank Sabotka, too. Without the full social context of the show, I'd say his death/story was the most classically tragic.

Eponine in Les Miserables and Kim in Miss Saigon also hit me hard when I see them, depending on the strength of the performances.