Samurai Jack Season 5 thread.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
erttheking said:
Well, if that preview is anything to go by, we're going to see the return of a character that I really wasn't expecting.

http://nerdist.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/Woolies-Main.jpg

Also, the Scotsman and his wife have been freaking busy, considering that he has around three dozen daughters, and I love that concept. Overall, pretty good episode.
And there will be more:

The next episode is basically a montage of what happened after certain episodes of the past Seasons, other than the Woolies I also saw in the preview the forest where the Three Blind Archers were, and hopefully they show the fucking Spartans!!!!

But I think the biggest surprise is the Horsemen that has been stalking Jack for the past 3 Episode, it spoke and it said its time. So its confirmed that he is Death? Or at least Jack's interpretation?

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Story said:
Like I kinda worried with the short season. This episode felt rushed. It seemed like three episodes rolled into one without any way to breathe.
At least compared to the episodes that came before it that were much slower and better for it.
Despite my positive reception so far I still think it was a mistake for this finale season to be 10 episodes.

Or at least have each of the 10 episodes be an hour long like Game of Thrones and Star Trek.

Story

Note to self: Prooof reed posts
Sep 4, 2013
Samtemdo8 said:
Story said:
Like I kinda worried with the short season. This episode felt rushed. It seemed like three episodes rolled into one without any way to breathe.
At least compared to the episodes that came before it that were much slower and better for it.
Despite my positive reception so far I still think it was a mistake for this finale season to be 10 episodes.

Or at least have each of the 10 episodes be an hour long like Game of Thrones and Star Trek.
Agreed. I think the show works best when it takes its time. In fact part of what makes Samurai Jack unique to me is it's slow pacing. I hope this episode was just a fluke.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
On the next episode of Samurai Jack!!!

She is gonna see the aftermath of everything Jack has done in Past Episodes.

If they don't show the Spartans and the Family from the Haunted House episode I am gonna be sad :(

MrBoBo

Jul 23, 2008
Really strong opening, the stuff with Jack and Ashi was kinda over the place. Even the very dark ending of Jack seemingly away of commit suicide felt really rushed. In general, this seems like it would have been improved as two separate episodes, I was more engaged with the Scotmans daughters than the Ashi's "What is wuv" part. It seems to have been the weakest episode thus far, but that in no way makes it bad.

My guess is that Jedi Ghost Scotman will end up fighting the Bruce Lee demon ghost.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
MrBoBo said:
Really strong opening, the stuff with Jack and Ashi was kinda over the place. Even the very dark ending of Jack seemingly away of commit suicide felt really rushed. In general, this seems like it would have been improved as two separate episodes, I was more engaged with the Scotmans daughters than the Ashi's "What is wuv" part. It seems to have been the weakest episode thus far, but that in no way makes it bad.

My guess is that Jedi Ghost Scotman will end up fighting the Bruce Lee demon ghost.
The only thing I cared about of this episode is the Ashi and Jack interactions since its clearly the overall story arc this whole season is building on.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
But yes I think the flaw so far is that they are trying to do standalone-ish episodes while at the same time trying to develop an on going story arc.

Like the children being monsters and the giant sea worm could have easily been standalone episodes from past seasons.

And so far these last 2 episodes felt too filler-ish.

PapaGreg096

Oct 12, 2013
Samtemdo8 said:
MrBoBo said:

The only thing I cared about of this episode is the Ashi and Jack interactions since its clearly the overall story arc this whole season is building on.
I feel the opposite, I only truely enjoyed the Scotsman bits and thought the Jack and Ashi parts were okay

MrBoBo

Jul 23, 2008
PapaGreg096 said:
Samtemdo8 said:
MrBoBo said:

I feel the opposite, I only truely enjoyed the Scotsman bits and thought the Jack and Ashi parts were okay
Agree.

We've had Ashi for a couple of episodes now, and we got the ladybird realization, it's basically an extension of that, spelled out bluntly with the totally expected friendship/romance blossoming. The Scotsman is the most beloved side-character and it immediately opens with him dying, and us learning what he's been up to and how things progressed, it's kind of a no brainier that would automatically be more interesting.

Oct 22, 2011
Hmm, previous episode felt kinda slow after dynamically unveiling plot in first 3 episodes. This one on the other hand felt like too much events being cranked into one episode. It didn't kill my enjoyment, but i can get where the complaints about pacing are coming from.

undeadsuitor said:
shows pretty dark when ur protag walks off at the end of the episode to commit suicide
Oh, and it managed to be one of the darkest and the funniest episodes so far, at the same time.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
SPOILER, LEAKED IMAGES OF THE NEXT EPISODE.

YES YES I CALLED, I FREAKIN CALLED IT!!!

The Three Blind Archers will make an appearence. And holy shit its also a reference of the Viking Warrior turned Stone Monster.

But I swear if they don't have the Spartans in this episode or the Haunted House family.....

Dansen

Master Lurker
Mar 24, 2010
Samtemdo8 said:

The Three Blind Archers will make an appearence. And holy shit its also a reference of the Viking Warrior turned Stone Monster.

But I swear if they don't have the Spartans in this episode or the Haunted House family.....
That last pick kinda reminds me of that time Jack met the spirit of spring(?). The backgrounds are kind of similar.Maybe we will see her, who knows? Judging from the pics I hope we get to see Ashi do some karate raving like Jack.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Dansen said:
Samtemdo8 said:

That last pick kinda reminds me of that time Jack met the spirit of spring(?). The backgrounds are kind of similar.Maybe we will see her, who knows? Judging from the pics I hope we get to see Ashi do some karate raving like Jack.
All I can say is her hair makes her look much more cuter than the spikey Illana look she always sported.

crobes

Apr 20, 2017
Samtemdo8 said:
Dansen said:
Samtemdo8 said:

All I can say is her hair makes her look much more cuter than the spikey Illana look she always sported.
Haha yes, I just noticed it after reading your comment :D

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Holy shit Jack was gonna commit Seppuku.

Man this episode had everything, Fan Service, "If you know what I mean Fan-Service" and so MANY MEMES WORTHY IMAGES!!! Also I just want Jack and Ashi to confront Ashi's Mother alraedy for goodness sake they made her so evil that I wonder what the hell is gonna happen in the showdown

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Okay, thoughts on the new episode:

Seeing all the people Jack helped again was nice... not to mention nostalgic... shame they couldn't fit in more, but eh, what can you do?

Speaking of nostalgic, anyone notice the Astro and Popeye cameos?

I know the show is on Adult Swim now... but some moments really caught me off guard, one in particular. You know the one. (Okay, more of a certain line to be specific...)

And it's nice to see Ashi opening up even more and losing the dark girl look. (Also, that was ashes, not a body suit? Jesus Christ that was a disturbing revelation!)

Still, she does look really cute now... what?

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
CrazyGirl17 said:
Okay, thoughts on the new episode:

Seeing all the people Jack helped again was nice... not to mention nostalgic... shame they couldn't fit in more, but eh, what can you do?

Speaking of nostalgic, anyone notice the Astro and Popeye cameos?

I know the show is on Adult Swim now... but some moments really caught me off guard, one in particular. You know the one.

And it's nice to see Ashi opening up even more and losing the dark girl look. (Also, that was ashes, not a body suit? Jesus Christ[/?] that was a disturbing revelation!)

You also have to consider the sudden lack of blood since Episode 3. I was worried that was all they were gonna do with Adult Swim's freedom, but I almost never expected T and A. And to be honest it was beautiful T and A.

But now that the episode is over, I am bit dissipointed in one thing mainly the ending.

The horsemen that stalked Jack the whole time and when we finally reached the climax of it, it was rather rushed and short. We have no idea who these Warrior spirits are and why they torment Jack for a failure we don't know as of yet.

I mean instead of wasting time with Scaramouche who apperently did nothing in the end anyway, mabye you could have developed more of that.

Also no Spartans and No Haunted House girl now grown up. But Da Sa Moo Rai and Rave made a reappearence :p