Satanic Themed Videogames on the Rise

Snowalker

Nov 8, 2008
presidentjlh said:
Wait...I thought in most games dealing with Satan that you're fighting him, which I thought was supposed to be a good thing?

Ugh, it's people like these that give us Christians a bad name.

Everyone, as a fairly devout Catholic, let me be the first to say that I think video games dealing with Satan are quite fun.
Yeah, I'm a devout Protestant, and I completely agree with this man. I really can't think of a game that has you on Satan side.. well, maybe Bayonetta, I haven't played that.

JaredXE

Apr 1, 2009
And that's why Christian parents who care have sites devoted to telling them how free-thinking and imaginative games are so they don't buy them for their precious cherubs.

Wait, I just called satanic games imaginative.....no they're not. Ripping on religion is all well and good, but it's become to easy to play the anti-religion card and market your product as "Edgy" and non-conformist. Many good and imaginative games had fuck all to do with religion, now no game is complete without some form of christian mythological slant and some latin choir chanting in the background....except for Madden. And I hate Madden.

Sebenko

Dec 23, 2008
thenumberthirteen said:
Andy Chalk said:
"A witch attacks believers and players can 'have sex' with her in a pagan ritual called 'blood magic'."
Wait you can get it on with Morrigan? Why haven't I been playing this game more?
Nah, it's a crappy scene. I did it (twice- one to see what happens, then later for other reasons, not mentioned for spoilers), and ended up calling out "Bow chika bow wow".

In other opinions, Satan sucks. You want something killed, get out and do it yourself with s sharp sword and sharper tongue. That's how I do it, and it's far more fun.

lleihsad

Apr 9, 2009
I like it when they just ram a bunch of random keywords together in a way that sounds scary, like that little Dragon Age tangent. Is he that delusional and ignorant, or is he just straight-up lying to incite the delusional and ignorant?

Also, I'd like to point out that the God that you fight in Shadow Hearts is most likely the Demiurge (one of the more esoteric concepts in Christian theology). He isn't a good guy.

ottenni

Aug 13, 2009
I would love to see a properly satanic game released on the mainstream. Not to play it but to watch the panic that it would cause. But its all pointless really because we all know the devil is Nicolas Sarkozy.

wtrmute

Jan 21, 2010
Loop Stricken said:
wtrmute said:
... but, point for point, Legion causes more scandal than any videogame I care to name.
Whatever did the Geth do to you?

OT: GH is probably on the list for Lou's appearance in GH3. Hooves, horns 'n all.
Geth? Whatever are you talking about?

I meant this [http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt1038686/] Legion.

Outamyhead

Feb 25, 2009
I'd be more worried about the Bible myself, can't get through a chapter without running into Satan, under one name/form or another.

BloodyThoughts

EPIC PIRATE DANCE PARTY!
Jan 4, 2010
Im pretty sure that in Dante's Inferno, that your trying to kick Satans devil ass for taking his wife away from him, not doing Satans chores and worshiping him.

TheNumber1Zero said:
You know, it's people like this that give Christianity a bad name.
Well, that and the people standing at stop lights claiming the World is going to end every day for 3 months.

Still, at least the sign people give me a good chuckle, seeing as any so called Prophet worth his salt would know that the bible says not even the Angels above know when the end comes, let alone some homeless guy with a Marker.
Just what else I was going to say, ty you saved me half the work.

Now if you excuse me, Im going to go worship Satan

Nessmk2

Jan 26, 2010
*sigh* Why must the dumbest members of my religion be the most outspoken? I mean, honestly, I'm a hardcore gamer and a Christian, and I'm hardly 'sounding the alarm'.

Now, I happen to own most of the games on that list, and Deception, at least, fits the 'hail satan' bill... But it's a PS1 game, for God's sake. And a really good one. But still a PS1 game that came out when I was probably still in my single digits.

Berserker119

Dec 31, 2009
TheNumber1Zero said:
You know, it's people like this that give Christianity a bad name.
Well, that and the people standing at stop lights claiming the World is going to end every day for 3 months.

Still, at least the sign people give me a good chuckle, seeing as any so called Prophet worth his salt would know that the bible says not even the Angels above know when the end comes, let alone some homeless guy with a Marker.
good to know. I like surprises.

hmm.. will it be meteors, or explosions.. or..

cobrausn

Dec 10, 2008
Surprise, people have been doing this for centuries in other media. Some people think it's 'edgy', I think it's a tired plotline.

Atheists will be quick to point out that Christian's are overreacting... I think the reaction is mild considering if a game came out that made Atheists into murdering madmen they might react about the same.

It's why I prefer zombies. No politics, no religion, just zombies.

LWS666

[Speech: 100]
Nov 5, 2009
What's wrong with satin velour... *futurama reference*

oh, you mean the guy who makes zombies? i like zombies... but i don't like eternal damnation... conflicting... elipses...

LWS666

[Speech: 100]
Nov 5, 2009
thenumberthirteen said:
Andy Chalk said:
"A witch attacks believers and players can 'have sex' with her in a pagan ritual called 'blood magic'."
Wait you can get it on with Morrigan? Why haven't I been playing this game more?
how do i do this? i'm a female character, so plz tell me HOW!

Outamyhead

Feb 25, 2009
It happens at toward the end of the game, although I played as a guy so it may be totally different for your character.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
The producers and developers are just giving the audience what they want. 18 - 24 year old males who play video games seem to be very much against religion and God as a whole. That and it's probably difficult to make a good, compelling story around angels serving God and such.

For the record I'm Roman Catholic.

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
LWS666 said:
thenumberthirteen said:
Andy Chalk said:
how do i do this? i'm a female character, so plz tell me HOW!
There exists a game where you can have lesbian sex with Claudia Black?! And I own it? If that's Satanism then sign me up.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
Cool. Hopefully, we'll get a game where you have a mission to assassinate one of the popes.

Oh wait, we already do.

JMV

Sep 25, 2009
A game can be ABOUT Satan without being about worshiping him, and even if it is, so what? We've had games where we kill people and do other morally reprehensible things since forever. No one is banning those, are they? (well, except the few who are) They're just games, and there are a ton of movies, songs and books about it.

I seriously do not understand what is it with religious people in general. The majority just shun everything that stands for something they don't believe is right. I can say that, being myself catholic, I can perfectly enjoy something that is about Satan without feeling morally outraged. I just don't see the point in reacting like that.

quiet_samurai

Apr 24, 2009
Good, I love me some Satan. Besides he's way cooler then God and not nearly as big of a dick. Seriously think about it, who's really the bad guy here?

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
quiet_samurai said:
Good, I love me some Satan. Besides he's way cooler then God and not nearly as big of a dick. Seriously think about it, who's really the bad guy here?
EDIT. Mods, don't look at my previous post.

I don't want to be banned for that.