Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
SL33TBL1ND said:
DeadlyYellow said:
River City Ransom
Eternal Darkness
Dungeon Keeper
Carnivores

Those are what come to my mind at the moment.
Dungeon Keeper 3 FTW!
Won't happen, just like a new Theme Hospital won't happen. EA killed Bullfrog, thus killed our hopes for sequels from those great IP's.
Other sequels I'd love to see are a new réal Simcity, as the OP suggested (I didn't really like 4, but I played Simcity 3000 to shreds, a new Simcity NEEDS those relaxed jazz tunes from 3000) and Beyond Good and Evil 2. The latter is apperantly in development.
okitana said:
More Freelancer would be great
Wait for Jumpgate Evolution my friend, I think that comes pretty close. I think it's in closed beta now.

Crowghast

Aug 29, 2008
Honestly, I think most of the companies should spend more money making good games. Instead of rehashing old ones. But I would definitely have no quarrel with the man who brings back Knights of the Old Republic or Jade Empire. But I would especially love a Shadow of the Collosus 2.

If it was that good to begin with, the sequel would either surpass material dreams, or at least be pretty good.

Artemis923

Dec 25, 2008
doomgaze3 said:
Also known as "Metroid Syndrome", this disease plagues a number of illustrious franchises.

For example, SimCity 4 was a fantastic example of what could be done with the franchise. But, after making SC4, EA tried to satiate us with half-assed knockoffs and console versions of the beloved classic. Instead of giving us the real updated sequel that everyone wants, they try to placate us with stupid crap like SimCity Societies, SimCity Creator, etc. Slap a new coat of paint on it, fix the bugs and give us some gameplay tweaks. It'll sell like gangbusters, I guarantee.

This happened yet again with (no, I'm not joking) BattleToads. BattleToads was an excellent take on the beat 'em up genre - especially the seminal arcade version. However, even with today's console focus on more mature games and co-op gameplay, we still have yet to see another 'toads game. What better chance to update one of Rare's original and best IP than to make a great co-op game with violently offensive cartoons than on Xbox360?

Rare also continually ignores the pleas of it's fans when it comes to Killer Instinct 3. Gamers have been clamoring for a sequel to this seminal fighter franchise ever since their N64s became doorstops or fell victim to the pawn shop. Rumors of a sequel persist even to this day as Rare continually denies them, proving the consistent popularity of the series. Are they blind or stupid?

With the recent success of BioShock, you'd think EA would be all over System Shock 3 with a vengeance. However, no information has been forthcoming and, indeed, EA seems to be ignoring the huge pile of money they could make from the 'Shock license. EA. The publisher that invented whoring out their franchises. Won't even think about whoring out a license they've been SITTING ON for years. W. T. F.

Does this kind of crap seriously piss anyone else off? What series would you like to see updated for modern consoles?
Freedom Fighters 2.

dukethepcdr

May 9, 2008
Rutawitz said:
two worlds
Yeah, Two Worlds with all of the bugs and glitches fixed would be awesome. If they can remake Fable I (which is what Fable: The Lost Chapters was), then they could do that for Two Worlds. I recently saw a Two Worlds "Gold" Edition in a game store and asked if this edition had any of the bugs and problems from the first publishing fixed. The clerk, who I talked to before and seems to know a lot about the games he sells, said "no". I promptly avoided the game. Two Worlds had a lot of good ideas in it but most were poorly executed. How they managed to sell enough of that buggy mess to reach "Gold" status is beyond me.

May 1, 2009
Slash Dementia said:
Legacy of Kain... one of the voice actors died. =(
I would love to see LoK: Defiance remade by Crystal Dynamics w/o Eidos. Eidos kind of screwed the series over with that one... there was also supposed to be a sixth game called "The Legacy of Kain: The Dark Prophecy" but again, Eidos screwed it over and it was cancelled six months into development... damn that was the best series ever though lol

Ben Legend

Apr 16, 2009
Timesplitters 4
another legacy of kain game (please, please, please)
the last remnant 2 (won't give away the end spoiler from the first)
Crackdown 2 (include options to have more than 2 players online)

Used to include Deadrising 2, not anymore though ;D