Sequels everyone wants but stupid companies won't make

Leefank137

Jan 8, 2009
Psychonauts 2, now we have brutal legend to tide us over for a bit but seriously, Psychonauts 2

-Seraph-

May 19, 2008
-Killer Insinct 3 god dammit!!
-Golden Sun 3
-Metroid *insert title*, they have the ability to create ONE MORE game, I want a metroid game that takes place after fusion, it could easily be done and also wrap up the entire series as a whole and leave this consistently high quality franchise to rest forever and not suffer the horrible fate of mario and Zelda.
-Zone of the Enders 3

I'm sure there are more games but I can't think of them right now. Out of the 4 I mentioned I REALLY REALLY want KI3 and Metroid, I will be a happy man if they can make these 2 .

The Political Gamer

Oct 12, 2008
I think SimCity 4 is one of the best games ever made and it realy needs a REAL sequel that has REAL City simulations, not that crappy rip off SimCity Societies! That game just, just, watch this: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/25-Sim-City-Societies

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
I'd also like to see Enlight do a Capitalism 3. I don't care if it's in isometric 1993-vintage 2D like the last game (released in 2001) was. I just want a new Capitalism that takes advantage of today's processing hardware for its AI and economic model, and I'd love it if Trevor Chan put in a product construction kit so people could make mods and extensions for the game. Sadly, Enlight seems more interested in putting out shovelware (Bad Day L.A. and the execrable "_______ Empire" series of low rent district tycoon games) than in revisiting the one series they got right.

Jaccer

May 2, 2009
Bungie said they wouldn't, but of course they will make halo 4.
And they are retarded if they do not.

Meatstorm

Jan 4, 2009
SamSmith said:
I want my Team Buddies 2.
team buddies was/is my alltime favourite game from ps1. Sequel seems most likely since the game studio that created it, isnt in business anymore. i might be wrong about that

conceptual

Sep 24, 2008
BakaSmurf said:
GoldenSun 3. I WANT MY CLOSURE DAMMIT!!!
/agree!!!

Also Chromehounds 2. Chromehounds was a great game with a lot of issues.
doomgaze3 said:
Slap a new coat of paint on it, fix the bugs and give us some gameplay tweaks.
It would sell like hotcakes.

VoyagerI

Apr 1, 2009
Mechwarrior 5
Starsiege 2

...hell, any decent Mech game that doesn't feature protagonists with spiky neon hair would do.

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
TriggerUnhappy said:
Definitely Marvel vs Capcom 3, especially after Mortal Combat vs DC.
Two words: FUCK YES. I'd be curious as to how they'd do it though: 2D, or go the Street Fighter 4 route?

A lot of folks said Jade Empire 2: I have to agree. I want to play another one. But at the same time, it didn't feel set up for a sequel, which could cause continuity paradoxes.

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Assassinator said:
SL33TBL1ND said:
DeadlyYellow said:
River City Ransom
Eternal Darkness
Dungeon Keeper
Carnivores

Those are what come to my mind at the moment.
Dungeon Keeper 3 FTW!
Won't happen, just like a new Theme Hospital won't happen. EA killed Bullfrog, thus killed our hopes for sequels from those great IP's.
Other sequels I'd love to see are a new réal Simcity, as the OP suggested (I didn't really like 4, but I played Simcity 3000 to shreds, a new Simcity NEEDS those relaxed jazz tunes from 3000) and Beyond Good and Evil 2. The latter is apperantly in development.
okitana said:
More Freelancer would be great
Wait for Jumpgate Evolution my friend, I think that comes pretty close. I think it's in closed beta now.
Yeah, I know, they dumped the DK franchise in favour of Harry Potter, *shudder*.

L33tsauce_Marty

Jun 26, 2008
Master_of_Oldskool said:
Jak 4. This would only propel Naughty Dog into fame and glory, but they used valuable time to make Uncharted 2 instead. WTF.
Agreed, also they gave it to some company to make a new PSP game...

VoltySquirrel

Feb 5, 2009
Banjo-Kazooie. Don't get me wrong, Nuts and Bolts was good, but it would have been better as a new IP, not a sequal to one of my most favorite platforming series to date. I want Banjo-Threeie damnnit!

EvilMaggot

Sep 18, 2008
Black and White 3

Diablo 3... oh wait.. already making it ^^

Postal 3... oh wait already making it :D

hmm...ill come up with some more later...