Serial Killer Round 33! Under New, but not at all different, management! All wrapped up

War Penguin

Serious Whimsy
Jun 13, 2009
@Skye: Are we venturing into in-game atheism? :p

@CA: I've seen your writing (though, not for a while) and it's great. Everyone has a different style, don't be upset yours is different than another's. :3

elementsoul

Aug 28, 2009
@CA I agree with War Penguin. Everyone has their niche in every area. Like most things in life my writing style is more of a semi organized chaos with little to amount for consistency wise. Ultra violence in most of my deaths tend to just spout from a lack of proper perspective. If you go back and read every death you should be able to see a consistent change between each one. Part of it is because of improvements in my ideas that are generated and part of it is because I've never found a good place that I like to write my murders and executions from. The pun killings however are a lot more consistent due to their source of annoyance and potential rage. The only exclusions are the times that I don't have time to make full length ones in which I instead just write the skeleton of what would normally become a full length pun killing.

CounterAttack

A Writer With Many Faces
Dec 25, 2008
@Sky/WarP/element: I will agree, of course, that everyone has a different style of writing. Recently, though, I've come to realise (courtesy of help from UnusualStranger and Skye to an extent) that my posts appear to lack the ideas of what my characters are thinking. I tend not to explicitly say that it's my characters who are thinking things that relate to them; they seem more like observations rather than proper thoughts.

@element: If you look at some of my more recent posts in Demigods and SoJ (specifically, my third to most recent in the latter, which can be found here [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/jump/540.246986.12917788]) then you might get a clearer idea of what I mean.

elementsoul

Aug 28, 2009
@CA 404 cannot be found on that link FTR. Therefore I can only assume your point is invalid because it does not exist. j/k. But I'll look it up anyways and edit my response back in here.

Edit: I get what you are saying now. I kind of took a nose dive away from personal thought as well. Most of my posts recently contained almost non with the exclusion of the most recent ones where Tyson was in his mindscape. However that was more spoken thought due to the nature of the scape but it still was applied like personal thought. The upside is that this isn't a hard thing to fix. A simple post it note to remind yourself to reread your posts and add character opinion to the observation and reaction that you currently only include.

Zero_ctrl

Feb 26, 2009
My posts, when I get to that point, are generally not that eloquent.
I don't often Role-play, you see.

CounterAttack

A Writer With Many Faces
Dec 25, 2008
@element: Took me a while, but I fixed the link for future reference. Stupid Firefox dropping the 'http://' from its copied links.

And yeah, character opinion and personal thought are definitely a major part of what's missing in my posts. Now I just have to figure out how to add that in... if only there was an instruction manual or something. I could definitely go for one.

elementsoul

Aug 28, 2009
@CA When it's addressed to something someone else wrote I normally tend to write whatever I interpret it as and mix it around a little to suit the character. Just use your own personal thoughts upon reading something as a base. For character thought in regards to their own actions I normally look to how an action or a phrase can be misinterpreted by someone and have a thought into regards to hoping something of that effect doesn't happen. You can also have thoughts wonder off in different directions. Was there something your character meant to do but can't remember? Did something said or done in the background remind them of a past experience. Is the character running two faced, where they say one thing to either be helpful or spiteful and yet feel another way? Maybe something in the background is distracting them as well and they have an opinion of it. Just remember that no one is ever 100% focused on one thing at a time. You've probably already noticed this, but when you are talking to someone it's not the only thing going on in your head. Your character is the same way.

Link_to_Future

Good Dog. Best Friend.
Nov 19, 2009
@Zero: Not yet at least.

When your time comes I'm sure you'll have your own voice in death. It isn't really that hard once you've gotten started on it.

Also, if you want any pointers...

*twirles Deaf's Scythe and smiles wickedly*

NeoAC

Zombie Nation #LetsRise
Jun 9, 2008
sky14kemea said:
@CA: Don't worry dude, your writing is miles above mine. I tend to go towards comedy 'cause it's the only thing I'm comfortable writing. xD
I go towards comedy since I can write it a hell of a lot better than drama. And, you know, the natural talent.

elementsoul

Aug 28, 2009
NeoAC said:
I go towards comedy since I can write it a hell of a lot better than drama. And, you know, the natural talent.
*cough* You might want to try and stray away from the comedy and try drama a little more. Maybe not in your deaths, but your character antics maybe borderline a single chuckle at their best. [/honestassholefriend]

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
NeoAC said:
sky14kemea said:
@CA: Don't worry dude, your writing is miles above mine. I tend to go towards comedy 'cause it's the only thing I'm comfortable writing. xD
Damn your natural talent! xD

Schizzy

Oct 9, 2008
Lazy killer! We ought ta institute a punchcard system for the slouch!

@Skye: I'll take that challenge...

My inbox is growing cobwebs on its cobwebs...

Link_to_Future

Good Dog. Best Friend.
Nov 19, 2009
My inbox is clean and well kept. You guys really need to look into stepping up your cleaning game.

elementsoul

Aug 28, 2009
[HEADING=1]So I was the one who was killed![/HEADING]

Seriously. I can't write a death right now because I'm more focused on a sheet and entry for something else plus a bunch of school work. I'll have it up by the end of this week for sure unless I choose it as my method of procrastination tonight and will end up writing it.

However I would like to point out to the asshole regular who's the killer that it isn't nice to remove players who fucking vote within 24 hours of the announcement of a victim's death instead of the cock suckers that have to be PMed that a person has been killed and we need their vote.