Serial Killer Round 39: Return of the Doubles Round (Cycle 12: We Have A Winner!)

Malyc

Bullets... they don't affect me.
Feb 17, 2010
@CA: You mean that there are other activities than the internet? O.O

Just kidding, I know where you're coming from.

@Randm: Why u have to bring that here in its completed form? I was gonna pass on it, but its just too impressive now that its nearly finished.

War Penguin

Serious Whimsy
Jun 13, 2009
I am dead.

But you already knew that, didn't you.

[sub][sub]Please don't hurt me! D: [/sub][/sub]

@CA: OH MY JESUS!!! You changed your avatar! I never thought I'd see the day!

CounterAttack

A Writer With Many Faces
Dec 25, 2008
@WarP: Haha. I suppose the same could be said of you if you were to change yours... unless the flying monkeys are in fact legit. =P

Edit: Unrelated: Just found this song on YouTube... I think it quite appropriate for the state of the games industry. Also, the chorus is quite catchy. n.n

Link_to_Future

Good Dog. Best Friend.
Nov 19, 2009
@WP: You're not just dead.

You are double dead.

How does it feel to be the first double dead person ever? :p

War Penguin

Serious Whimsy
Jun 13, 2009
@CA: They're legit... much to my chagrin. :(

Who made it, anyway?

@Link: Pretty bad, considering that it's now a thing. xP

CounterAttack

A Writer With Many Faces
Dec 25, 2008
@WarP: The artist would be our resident moderator, Sky. Largely because I am a terrible artist myself. >.<

InsomniJack

Dec 4, 2009
Truth told, Jack wasn't entirely sure how he had lived this long.

When he first moved to Murderville, he had this quiet but persistent feeling that all he would earn for his travels was a dirt nap. Crazy thought, sure, but everyone was entitled to have one in their life. Sometimes they payed off, whether on gambling tables, or school desks, or even the bed of a woman of ill-repute.

Other times, they cost a man dearly.

A house.

A wife.

A future.

Yet despite the recurring notion, Jack still managed to live in Murderville without a ticket to an early grave.

He wasn't sure what to do with the time. At first, he humored himself by listening to what the townsfolk said, but the talk became too rampant. Too quick. Too familiar. And he had never been one for quick words, let alone meaningful ones. When the door to social interaction closed, he began to tend to his home. A throw-rug here, a thrift store picture there, and always some light maintenance wherever it was required. But even then, the solitary life became cumbersome. Pointless. After all, with a population counter always dwindling down, what point was there in maintaining a home meant for the next resident of Murderville?

Over time, as he lived on to see more and more people go the way of all flesh, he wondered if there was more to this thought process than before.

Realistically speaking, a resident like him existed in this town to provide fodder for its inhabitants, killer and townsfolk alike. If he wasn't implicated in the deaths of a dearly beloved inhabitant, then he allowed the killer to maintain their healthy diet of blood and mayhem. It wasn't a perfect system, but it was a functional one. And yet, no one had really payed any mind to him. No accusations, no knife in the dark, no lynching... Jack realized that the first few nights spent wide awake to greet killer or crazed townspeople were all for naught, since it became increasingly apparent that he had been largely ignored by the populace. But was there more to it?

Indeed, perhaps there was more to the idea of a functioning system of death and deception. A machine can always perform the same action, so long as all its pieces are in the right place. Any extra cogs or springs would only serve to hamper the device. They are usually left on the table: ready for use, but for an unknown date.

Which is why, when the killer had quietly put a bullet into his back in broad daylight and then left without saying a word, instead just quickening his pace and not spending even a second to savor his handiwork, Jack began to find a peace in his death. He was an extra piece, probably reserved for another day, maybe even another machine entirely. Perhaps his purpose could be found elsewhere.

Even still, as Jack looked down at the grass of his lawn through thick, nearly glassed eyes, another recurring thought went through his dying mind. He had the time. His shooting had happened seven minutes ago.

And, truth told, Jack wasn't entirely sure how he had lived this long.

CounterAttack

A Writer With Many Faces
Dec 25, 2008
@Jack: Now that is the kind of death I wanna see. By my reckoning not many people have written up decent deaths this time around... I'm not going to name names, because that would be a stupid thing to say.

[HEADING=2]Regardless, InsomniJack was Cycle 11's murder victim! Time to vote![/HEADING]​

Three votes... this can go one of two ways, I think.

Malyc

Bullets... they don't affect me.
Feb 17, 2010
@Jack: Well done sir!

@CA: I fully expect people to be honest with criticism. Having said that... I wasn't one of the bad ones, was I?

CounterAttack

A Writer With Many Faces
Dec 25, 2008
[HEADING=2]With a population of three, the votes do not take long to count.

Cycle 11's execution PM is en route.
[/HEADING]​

@Link: If it's not, it should be.

Link_to_Future

Good Dog. Best Friend.
Nov 19, 2009
@Berenzen: Such an unruly accusation! I should wash your mouth out with soap and water. Or maybe just put a sea lion in your room as punishment. xP

But yeah, it was totally me. Somehow I got lucky enough to pull all of this off.