Serial Killer Round 67: Mutineering Massacre - Cycle 1, Voting Phase

Demagogue

Sperm Alien
Mar 26, 2009
well isn't my face red... >.>

Sorry Killer for thinking you were being slow. Please don't off me first matey!

Fat Hippo

Prepare to be Gnomed
Legacy
May 29, 2009
[HEADING=1]
Code:
[b][color=red]The killer's target was saved by the medic![/color][/b]
[/HEADING]

This takes the medic's number of saves down from 4 to 3. The killer is however free to pick a new target for the current cycle.

Demagogue

Sperm Alien
Mar 26, 2009
@Hippo: So that's what it looks like when we get saved... YAY Medic! I think that's the first time you've been useful since I started playing... and you saved a fellow Canadian! Long Live BeerTent!

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Caramel Frappe said:
I bet the Killer is totally this guy [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/profiles/view]. Everyone vote for him whenever possible.
Aww, I didn't even get time to be put on a list or make a tastless joke about someone else dying.

Now how will I draw suspicions to myself unnecessarily?

Fat Hippo

Prepare to be Gnomed
Legacy
May 29, 2009
The killer makes a second attempt and this time it's...

[HEADING=1]
Code:
[b][color=red]Murder![/color][/b]
[/HEADING]

Another poor soul has been consigned to Davy Jones' locker. But who?

gritch

Tastes like Science!
Feb 21, 2011
Demagogue said:
So that's what it looks like when we get saved... YAY Medic! I think that's the first time you've been useful since I started playing... and you saved a fellow Canadian! Long Live BeerTent!
Wait... How do you know it was BeerTent that was saved? I can't seem to find a mention in either the forum or the group chat from Hippo who was actually saved.

tm96

Feb 1, 2014
Yargh. This game is moving fast and slow at the same time. Although that be the effect of the 11am to 11pm drinking session from yesterday coming back bite me.
Yargh there be termites in me leg.

Armadox

Mandatory Madness!
Aug 31, 2010
*looks down from the crows nest*

Land... No where to be seen. The whales ate it I bet. Whales are crafty I tells you.

You lot. The shifty lookin' ones. You go be shifty elsewhere... Shoo. Go.

... I'm watchin' you FPLOON! You beady eyed, loblolly boy! WATCHING YOU!

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
I checked the online times of everyone in the game as soon as the announcement for the second murder attempt appeared.

Caramel, BeerTent, Tizzy and tm96 did not log in during the entire time between both murder attempts, therefore none of them could possibly send a message for the second murder. If we were to go by this, the suspect list would be shortened to:

Demagogue
kingofkumquats
altnameJag
gritch
DoPo
FPLOON

kingofkumquats

Mar 5, 2012
I made my way back to the storage deck looking forward to a few more hours of blissful napping upon bags of whatever it was that my more... go-getting companions busied themselves obtaining from other ships. I was supposed to be taking stock of it all since I was one of the few men on the ship that could do the math and also had the patience for that sort of thing, but no one particularly cared, so I usually just spent my time sleeping. I could sleep even more now that the captain was dead. This was great. Getting kidnapped by pirates from that accountants' ship was the best thing that had ever happened to me. Sure, the crew seemed riled up, what with all the sword waving and pistol pointing, but that was their problem not mine. My only problem was making a reasonable estimate as to how much food and ammunition was lying around before drifting off to sleep. I peered into the barrel that contained the salted meat. It was nearly empty. As was the fruit. And the hardtack. Hmm. I wrote that we had enough supplies for another month or so. I was pretty sure we were going to port soon anyway. I glanced at the massive pile of cannonballs. That was certainly enough to sink a fleet. I finished scratching a few figures on the chart without checking. I highly doubted that many of my crewmates would even be able to read it anyway. Satisfied, I went to a cozy corner, right beside the pile of cannonballs. It used to make me a little nervous, but I had since realized that what the pirates lacked in arithmetic skills, they certainly made up for in stacking-things-in-orderly-piles-that-don't-fall-down skills. That pile would stay standing perfectly, unless someone shoved it. And why would anyone do that? They were all too busy killing things that fought back and drinking heavily to worry about their lazy hostage/accountant/occasional ship doctor/marriage counselor.

I lay down and wistfully thought of that woman I had seen that one time. There weren't a lot of women in either the accounting or pirating fields, so my options were limited to A)The pirate women on this ship, who lack proper hygiene and education, B) The one eyed serving wench on the island who was quite hideous, C) my mother, or D) that one rather pretty girl I saw from a distance that was promptly stabbed by Aerostream, the bastard. So I thought about her. The one that got stabbed, not my mother. Perhaps in another lifetime we could be lovers. Perhaps I could even get close enough to her to tell what color her eyes were before a vicious pirate ran her through with a cutlass.

I lay there for a few minutes nearing sweet, warm unconsciousness, before I heard a peculiar noise. It was some sort of rumble. I decided to ignore it. But then I heard it again. I opened one eye just in time to see the first cannonball fall to the floor. My other eye snapped open, and I glanced up at the tower of extremely heavy cannon shot. It was shaking and collapsing. I leapt to my feet with surprising speed. I scanned the room for attackers. There was no way that the pile fell on its own. "Ahoy?" I said hesitantly. There was no response. I looked around for something to defend myself with. For some reason, I decided that an oar was a better choice than any of the weapons I may have found with a whole fifteen seconds of searching. Oh, well. Hindsight is 20/20. Regardless, I brandished the ship propelling instrument it what I hoped was a threatening manner. I walked forward a few steps. I looked around for a few seconds, before I saw it. Robert. The fucking parrot. I laughed. "Oh. It's just you. You stupid bird. For a minute there I was really worried..." There was a sudden sharp pain in my back. "Ow." I collapsed and fell to the ground, bleeding profusely. I watched the boots of my unknown assassin walk away.

I couldn't fathom it. I had been nothing but polite, civil, and helpful to these seafaring scum. Sure, I slept most of the time, but everyone has a fault. And now one of the bastards just stabbed me! Getting kidnapped by pirates was the worst thing that ever happened to me. On the bright side, I reflected, now me and that one woman had something in common. Perhaps we could talk about in the afterlife, and I might be able to touch her hand or something. I shuddered with the thought, and welcomed death with something approaching enthusiasm. It came promptly.

I was just a lazy accountant! Why?! I was no threat to the killer! I blame the medic!

Aerosteam

Sep 22, 2011
@kumquat: I'd say good job to the Medic because you were a suspect. :p

Getting murdered is much, much better than getting lynched.

Armadox

Mandatory Madness!
Aug 31, 2010
Aerosteam said:
@kumquat: I'd say good job to the Medic because you were a suspect. :p

Getting murdered is much, much better than getting lynched.
My predictions! Nooooo!

Fat Hippo

Prepare to be Gnomed
Legacy
May 29, 2009
[HEADING=1]
Code:
[b][color=red]Voting Begins[/color][/b]
[/HEADING]

kingofkumquats is dead. Long live the king!

Despite his royal lineage, he had no role, other than accountant, which aids little in apprehending possessed killers.

Also, vote on who you think did it. You have 48 hours (so until 21:00 GMT June 25) to cast your vote.

Twintix

Jun 28, 2014
@kingofkumquats: Heeey, what was that about bad hygiene?! I'll have you know that I only use the freshest salt water and walrus fat when I wash! D<

Eh, not that it matters. You're dead and that's not good.

Demagogue

Sperm Alien
Mar 26, 2009
gritch said:
Wait... How do you know it was BeerTent that was saved? I can't seem to find a mention in either the forum or the group chat from Hippo who was actually saved.
Oh... shit. I guess I did screw that up a little didn't I, and here I thought I was going to be sneaky patting myself on the back... well at least I will live until next round, then the priest can revive me. right? Priest?

I wonder how hard the game will be without a medic come round three... since I can't see the killer letting me live past that.

-----

As an aside, if I get my list in before he (killer) tells Hippo to kill me, do I still get my saves? How does timing on that work? Although I guess it doesn't really matter since I can't save myself...

edit:

Caramel Frappe said:
Here is your list of potential killers:
Demagogue - Medic
BeerTent - Not Logged In
kingofkumquats - Killed
altnameJag
gritch
DoPo
FPLOON
tm96 - Not Logged In
Well that's a short list... even shorter now with Aero and the Killer helping us out.

1 in 4 chance... I'll take those odds

Aerosteam

Sep 22, 2011
@Dema: Let's look at your post, shall we?
Demagogue said:
So that's what it looks like when we get saved... YAY Medic! I think that's the first time you've been useful since I started playing... and you saved a fellow Canadian! Long Live BeerTent!
Hmm... so you knew BeerTent was saved. This either means you're the Medic or on the side of evil.

You're claiming to be the Medic, however on that post you spoke to whoever had the role directly, since "you've" was used. If you are the Medic, you tried to not show that you are it despite that you've revealed you had the role in the very next sentence. You're also on the suspect list.

Honestly the potential losses justify this round possibly being one of the fastest ones yet. Sorry, bud.

You better come up with something quick.

BeerTent

Resident Furry Pimp
May 8, 2011
Headsprouter said:
@Caramel I was going to say nobody would fall for that, but @BeerTent seems to be master of the derps.
Oh...

Oh...

Well, like... throw me a bone! It was 5AM! No excuse for the Toad issue though.

At least both my Mom AND Demagogue thinks I'm a special little Tent.

gritch

Tastes like Science!
Feb 21, 2011
Aerosteam said:
Hmm... so you knew BeerTent was saved. This either means you're the Medic or on the side of evil.

You're claiming to be the Medic, however on that post you spoke to whoever had the role directly, since "you've" was used. If you are the Medic, you tried to not show that you are it despite that you've revealed you had the role in the very next sentence. You're also on the suspect list.

Honestly the potential losses justify this round possibly being one of the fastest ones yet. Sorry, bud.

You better come up with something quick.
@Aerosteam: I agree. That post was just too suspicious. While there's no way to confirm your time stamp evidence I'm inclined to believe it at the moment. Even without it we can look at the forum posting times:
Hippo announced someone was saved at 12:33pm EST
Demagogue posted his "pat on the back" at 12:47pm EST
AltnameJag posted at 12:20pm EST
Hippo announced the murder at 12:33pm
While not conclusive we can at least assume Demagogue was logged in and active at the time the Killer assigned his second target. The time spacing seems to be consistent with Demagogue being the Killer.

If he's the Medic I'm sorry but I'm going to have to vote for you too.

Demagogue

Sperm Alien
Mar 26, 2009
@Aero:

Yeah, the "You've" was my attempt to keep the finger not pointed at me. Not thinking at all that I screwed up in the next sentence by revealing that Beer was who I saved. Like I said, this is the first time we've had the medic save someone so I wasn't quite sure how it was going to work, and the fact that we announce it was cool. That combined with a busy work day got me slipping up.

After last round, I'm must less willing to trust random spy lists, it would be nice if the other person came out and revealed their 'message' from the spy too. then Caramel and whomever could be safe. Then I might trust Caramel's list.

Realistically your list is suspect too because no one else would have thought to do that so we just have to take your word for it.

I'm not outright accusing either of you, I've just learnt my lesson to question free information...

As for me, yeah I've kinda screwed us because now we're stuck in a situation were do we trust me as the medic, or do we kill me off to prove I'm the medic get me rezzed next round (I assume I can still save people next round right? or do I have to wait until round 3 if I get brought back up?) the risk being that then we lose the priest, and if the spy gets nabbed we can't bring him back (not a huge risk but it is there). If what Caramel says is true then that's okay as the spy being dead with a list of 6 (since king is dead) people is easy enough to work through. If we rely on you being right too we're down to 4

But if Caramel is lying then we have 14 people based off your list, or 18 if we don't trust either of you. (I mean you two could technically be in on it together, but I don't think that's the case, I'm sure at least one of you is being truthful. if not both, I'm just not willing to blindly devote myself to it like I did last time.)

gritch said:
While not conclusive we can at least assume Demagogue was logged in and active at the time the Killer assigned his second target. The time spacing seems to be consistent with Demagogue being the Killer.

If he's the Medic I'm sorry but I'm going to have to vote for you too.
Dammit gritch I was typing! lol

Anyone who looks at my posting history in these threads can see I am quite active during the day (EST) at least on work days, heh. And yeah I posted shortly after the save, because again, we got to save someone for the first time in 4 rounds, I was excited.

If it is the group consensus to kill me to prove my innocence then so be, I'll vote for me too. I just didn't want to waste the priest until we knew some of this 'information' we've got is legit.