Server Issues Mar Diablo III's Launch

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
...I was (apparently) the 26th person to log in to the EU servers. I got in 5mins after the launch.

Guess I was lucky. I'm enjoying it anyway

Skratt

Dec 20, 2008
Think the servers are over-burdened now? Wait till the weekend. Everyone who has little time to play during the week will be slamming the servers then.

Azmael Silverlance

Pirate Warlord!
Oct 20, 2009
1 Hour after the lunch i was playing in the EU realms from Australia and with the early exception of few missed achievements probably due to battle.net going down in-between quests everything for me was great.
My 1st session was 6 hour and 20 minutes and i went all the way to level 19 and Act 2

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
I've finally defeated the log in screen about 10 minutes ago. It was a long and well fought battle but I prevailed.

Exterminas

Sep 22, 2009
What all the wisecracks seem to forget:
These issues aren't at launch, they are several hours after launch, during the first peak hour the game is released.

This isn't some kind of super-rush on the servers at 00:00, it is completely expectable traffic

Marmooset

Mar 29, 2010
oggebogge91 said:
eh... I'm already in act III. playing with around 50-100 ms in latency, no problems whatsoever.
Crono1973 said:
Good thing you're the only one who matters.
Close the thread, oggebogge91 has no problems whatsoever with Diablo III.
Why Ogge - you should know better than to upset the Blizzard haters around here, even with an innocent comment! They can be quite caustic.

cyvaris

May 10, 2011
Versuvius said:
I feel excessive glee at this. I just...wow. Words can describe how my jollies have been rustled.
I feel the same way. This is insanely hilarious.

What makes me even happier is apparently the D3 launch made my SWTOR server LIVE again. I haven't seen as many people logged in in weeks as there are logged on now.

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
All the more reason not to buy games that require you to log onto some DRM servers just to play singleplayer. Awful. I'm just glad that proper counter-movements are developing, those have my full monetary support.

Marmooset

Mar 29, 2010
Lunar Templar said:
i remain unsurprised

since you know, this happens every time any thing 'online' launches
Aeshi said:
Breaking News: Popular game is popular.

And wow, we're about 9 posts in and already the stuck-up anti-DRM cretins have crawled out of the woodwork to whine.
disappointing isn't it, you'd think they'd have something better to do.
They'd complain about it off-line and alone, but you know - message board DRM and all...

Wuvlycuddles

Oct 29, 2009
Fairs fair, Blizzard probably haven't had much experience handling the launch of a massively popular online game, so they were bound to have a few problems.

(all together now)

OH WAIT.......

_alter_ego

Jun 26, 2010
Apparently the fixes they tried during the weekend of beta for everyone didn't do enough. This didn't happen for Starcraft, although blizzard didn't have to cancel Blizzcon and fire a bunch of workers like it did before Diablo 3 came out.

Zulnam

Feb 22, 2010
Blizzard: "We're releasing Diablo III."

People: "Wohooo!!! YES! AWESOME! MOST EXPECTED GAME OF THE MILLENIA!!!"

Blizzard: "Sorry guys, we're experiencing a few technical issues on launch. We'll have it fix-"

People: "You bastards! You money grabbing monsters! How dare you?! How could you?! You suck!! This game sucks!! Everything sucks!!"

... Make up your mind people!!!

(though I guess most of the folks who waited for it are too busy playing it to respond to this thread)

newwiseman

Aug 27, 2010
Beats playing the game, giving a shield to the Paladin and getting booted from the game and your account until the problem is patched.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
So that whole free beta testing weekend for the public to test the traffic stress was in vain? Either way while I got the game today (I was expecting it to be deliever later this week) I won't install it anytime soon until I read that they had fix it.

antipunt

Jan 3, 2009
So guys...I really hate to admit it, but Blizzard...defeated piracy. And I'm not exactly SUPER diddly about it because it involved such punishing DRM (ugh..), but it's... true right?

1. Massively hyped game that people will buy regardless of DRM
2. Always-online DRM (spawn enemies/items serverside). This way even the single player cannot be cracked (at least initially).
3. Even when single player is 'cracked' (which will take a hella long time because you have to figure out how to emulate the servers), it won't ever be even close to the real thing because of server size, patches/maintenance, stability/quality, etc.

This is almost entirely the reason why Blizz made SP online only. Devious. But damned effective.

And no one's gonna really complain cause (I'm talking majority rule)..you know. Unlike some Ubisoft game, it's...freaking Diablo 3.

*checkmate*

edit: And in addition, the server 'issues' are purported. They purposely choose a 'close but slightly under' server strength, so they can up it later as needed to save money.
D:

Inkidu

Mar 25, 2011
I earnestly wish this game would bomb. I hope it's marred by many more of Blizzard's greed and obvious incompetence. Maybe then they have to change something in their decades old design philosophy, but I'm really just bitter about how damn successful they're probably going to be when any other company that pulls this crap gets flamed to infinity.

I can dream, can't I?

Covarr

PS Thanks
May 29, 2009
Sonic 4: Episode II may not be a great game, but right now it holds the distinct advantage of being a playable game. It looks like I chose the right May 15 game to preorder.

P.S. Thanks

Fr]anc[is

May 13, 2010
Sorry, I'm too busy being able to replay Torchlight offline to care. Get back to me when WC4 comes out. Actually don't, I don't want to pay real money to buy items for my heroes.