Server Issues Mar Diablo III's Launch

Sylveria

Nov 15, 2009
Maybe you shouldn't force people who bought a single player game to be online at all times. Hope you get your playing in now boys and girls because the day that Blizzardvision stops seeing a profit from their cash auction house, those servers are gone for good and you'll never get to play the game again.

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
Sylveria said:
Maybe you shouldn't force people who bought a single player game to be online at all times. Hope you get your playing in now boys and girls because the day that Blizzardvision stops seeing a profit from their cash auction house, those servers are gone for good and you'll never get to play the game again.
Kind of like how the Diablo II and Starcraft servers were taken down when they stopped being profita-oh no wait they're still up and running after 10 years.

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
Warachia said:
Oh Bullshit, you can't decry my example simply because you don't like it.
Incidentally, posting that you had no problems in a thread talking about problems comes off as bragging about how lucky you were.
"Posting that I had no problems?" where did I do that? (I don't even own Diablo III!)

Warachia said:
More Bullshit, you asked people to complain to Blizzard, I showed you where they did, Blizzard rums the largest MMO, they should have been more than prepared for this, and how the hell could they have possibly known it would be this bad? Going by your logic, you might as well not reply to this, due to something I might or might not say five posts later.
"The largest MMO" goes down every now and again for maintenance and I don't see mobs forming to scream about how unfair it is that they can't play the game they pay for when that happens.

(And don't give me "Diablo III isn't an MMO" I can name MMOs that have far less MMO in them than Diablo III does and they get away with it, apparently simply by virtue of having a different label on them.)

Warachia said:
So I'm supposed to just hate everything new? I had no idea Diablo 3 would be this bad before yesterday, I had no idea that all the monster and item drops would be handled server side, and if I did buy the game I'd consider it stupidity on both the customer and the developer's part, one for including it, and the other for buying it.
Yes. It's not Blizzards fault the game wasn't what you expected/imagined it to be (oh and thanks for that part where you imply everyone who bought Diablo III is a moron.)

Warachia said:
No, we should not make it easy for pirates, but it shouldn't hurt the customer like this, there are other ways of doing DRM that are far better, the biggest thing that pisses me off, is that in these scenarios the pirates end up with the better deal once they crack the DRM.
And what would those be? The RedProjekt (or whatever their name is)/World of Goo approach of "Ignore it and hope it goes away?" (because that's worked so well for them) Valve's "Treat Pirates like competitors?" mentality? (which seems to me it'd lead to the thought of "Well they can replicate anything we can do and offer it for free so we may as well just leave this market" but oh well)