Sexual Predators (mature topic)

Sindaine

Dec 29, 2008
LegendaryGamer0 said:
Sindaine said:
Maze1125 said:
Sindaine said:
They wouldn't call them 'predators' if they didn't.
That's the biggest fallacy in the world.

There are numerous reasons why people would call them predators.
The obvious one being that people think that they stalk the streets looking for children, and so call them by the name they assume they fit.

Another reason is that they are predators, but there is more than one way to pray on a child. A far more common one being to find a child you have constant access to and groom them. Very much a predatory action, but doesn't in anyway involve stalking the streets.

I've been a victim of one of these monsters myself and I will do anything and everything in my power to prevent other children going through that.
Okay, so why are you giving the him money he needs to fly to Asia and rape child prostitutes over there?
Either way, he is being predatory and a danger to children. And get real; the sick fuck won't be able to afford a flight to Asia on minimum wage.
Actually, the "sick fuck" in question could afford it in about 3 months if he properly manages his money right.

I don't know why the hell I felt the need to point that out.
Sure, if he has someone else to make his house payments, doesn't have a car, doesn't use the internet or go to moviesor buy clothes/electronics/anything else and is maybe on food stamps. At which point one would hope that being a sick shitstain on the ass of society, would be the last thing on his mind. Also being a pedo, he's not likely to make any rational decisions.

Yeah, I don't like to imagine what that says about you.

Leg End

Romans 12:18
Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States
Sindaine said:
LegendaryGamer0 said:
Sindaine said:
Maze1125 said:
Sindaine said:
They wouldn't call them 'predators' if they didn't.
That's the biggest fallacy in the world.

There are numerous reasons why people would call them predators.
The obvious one being that people think that they stalk the streets looking for children, and so call them by the name they assume they fit.

Another reason is that they are predators, but there is more than one way to pray on a child. A far more common one being to find a child you have constant access to and groom them. Very much a predatory action, but doesn't in anyway involve stalking the streets.

I've been a victim of one of these monsters myself and I will do anything and everything in my power to prevent other children going through that.
Okay, so why are you giving the him money he needs to fly to Asia and rape child prostitutes over there?
Either way, he is being predatory and a danger to children. And get real; the sick fuck won't be able to afford a flight to Asia on minimum wage.
Actually, the "sick fuck" in question could afford it in about 3 months if he properly manages his money right.

I don't know why the hell I felt the need to point that out.
Sure, if he has someone else to make his house payments, doesn't have a car, doesn't use the internet or go to moviesor buy clothes/electronics/anything else and is maybe on food stamps. At which point one would hope that being a sick shitstain on the ass of society, would be the last thing on his mind. Also being a pedo, he's not likely to make any rational decisions.

Yeah, I don't like to imagine what that says about you.
All of those are entirely possible. Ergo, s/he has money.

Also, most likely he is not a Pedophile, but either a situational offender or a AoC victim if we are talking typical cases. The vast majority of Pedophiles do not molest. Plus, who is to say they are incapable of rational thinking?

I like to imagine though, I think it says I have an issue with blurting things out. :p

InfiniteSingularity

Apr 9, 2010
Torrasque said:
This thread is relevant to my interests.

Quoted for awesomeness
LegendaryGamer0 said:
Wiezzen said:
LegendaryGamer0 said:
Yes. Hired then and there. His past has no meaning as to whether or not he can fix what needs fixin. He served his time. Though, I'll look into the details later.

If a customer comes in and doesn't like it, then they can kindly get the hell out of my fucking store, because they are probably not going to be a very nice customer.

Everyone deserves a second chance. And, if it is a case of "Statutory Rape", then I have no ill, because that charge is bullshit.

Though, if I find out he had sex with say... a 7 year old girl, well... it had better been consensual, not full on rape.

If rape, I'm not going to like him much at first. But, if the alleged victim forgives him, no hard feelings in my book.

[sub]Many shall disagree with me. inb4 "what do you mean consensual?"[/sub]
Did I read this right? Are you saying an adult sleeping with a 7-year-old is okay if it's consensual?
Well, it's personal opinion but if said person did it with said child consensually and the child did not feel scarred or abused/used later in life and it was consensual at the time, the law might frown upon it but I have no issue with them.

i.e, no harm no foul. But I do not condone molestation. The people that manipulate children or outright abuse them like that have no support from me.

[sub]This might not be the best place to talk about this.[/sub]
I would agree with this, not entirely, but it makes sense. I still think having sex with a child is wrong, even if it's consensual, but if it's already happened, and there was no harm done, what are you going to do about it, seriously?

Also: Consensual = Con-sensual

Whitenail

Sep 28, 2010
I'd hire him, so long as he behaved himself and didn't scare off customers. It is an electronics store after all, not a day-care centre.

Leg End

Romans 12:18
Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States
InfiniteSingularity said:
Torrasque said:
This thread is relevant to my interests.

Quoted for awesomeness
LegendaryGamer0 said:
Wiezzen said:
LegendaryGamer0 said:
Yes. Hired then and there. His past has no meaning as to whether or not he can fix what needs fixin. He served his time. Though, I'll look into the details later.

If a customer comes in and doesn't like it, then they can kindly get the hell out of my fucking store, because they are probably not going to be a very nice customer.

Everyone deserves a second chance. And, if it is a case of "Statutory Rape", then I have no ill, because that charge is bullshit.

Though, if I find out he had sex with say... a 7 year old girl, well... it had better been consensual, not full on rape.

If rape, I'm not going to like him much at first. But, if the alleged victim forgives him, no hard feelings in my book.

Did I read this right? Are you saying an adult sleeping with a 7-year-old is okay if it's consensual?
Well, it's personal opinion but if said person did it with said child consensually and the child did not feel scarred or abused/used later in life and it was consensual at the time, the law might frown upon it but I have no issue with them.

i.e, no harm no foul. But I do not condone molestation. The people that manipulate children or outright abuse them like that have no support from me.

[sub]This might not be the best place to talk about this.[/sub]
I would agree with this, not entirely, but it makes sense. I still think having sex with a child is wrong, even if it's consensual, but if it's already happened, and there was no harm done, what are you going to do about it, seriously?
Why did your post remind me of this?

But, yeah, pretty much. Although I disagree with the "even if" aspect, everything else is spot on.

Royta

Aug 7, 2009
Gxas said:
Having an innate distrust of every single human being on this planet, I hire him. If he is that valuable of an employee, his past doesn't really matter to me.

However, at first sign of that past coming back and making itself shown in a negative way, he will be let go.
Pretty much this yeah. His resume is amazing and so are his referances.
Let the past be the past. If he falls back into said past though, he's fired because well...he's in jail.

Gigano

Whose Eyes Are Those Eyes?
Oct 15, 2009
If he is the most qualified employee, and he post no risk for the customers or business image, I'd hire him.

He's paid his debt to society, and so the slate is wiped clean. Retribution should be followed by forgiveness, that is the nature of justice. Only commercial concerns and risk evaluation should govern whether he can be employed.

bl4ckh4wk64

Walking Mass Effect Codex
Jun 11, 2010
Well, his immediate admittance of his crime shows he is in some way ashamed of it. This can be used to one's advantage. Trying to get a job shows that he is trying to re-integrate himself into society. This is also a step in the right direction. Knowing this, I would ask him if he could tell me more about his crime. If he can fess up to it and acknowledge that what he did was wrong, I would have no problem hiring him. If he shirks the matter, I would hire him but in a probation type period where I would give him menial jobs until I can get to know him better. Then I will be able to make the decision on whether I think he is trying to atone for his past. If he gets angry and tells me that the crime is none of his business, I would tell him that I'm not looking for new employees.

Axzarious

Feb 18, 2010
Well, considering how somebody can be labled this for some completely retarded reason, and its a blanket term... I state this because somebody can be arrested or charged for this on the basis that said female is 2 months till she is 18, and the guy is a month over 18. I belive the correct term is "Minor" and not child. Then again, laws in the states could be different in the wording.

I also find it ironic that society always preaches tolerance and understanding, yet never seems to uphold it, and then proceed to act like they are better than the 'others'.

Firetaffer

May 9, 2010
He has been RELEASED from prison. That tells you that what he has done is now behind him, and I would definitely hire him. Sure he might sexually assault someone again, but he'll go back to jail won't he.

Blitzwarp

Jan 11, 2011
AccursedTheory said:
No.

One: Even if 'Joe' does not do customer service , people would KNOW I hired him. That alone would lose me local business.

Two: I cannot hire someone I do not respect, and someone who has sexually assaulted a child is someone I do NOT respect.
Took the words right out of my, um, keyboard.

Since I'm not allowed to ask Joe any questions, and I can't verify his end of the story from the legal system's, I'm going to have to go with the data provided and my own morality. I can sympathise with the fact that the guy had "served his time" so to speak, but if the child was a five-year old who he stuffed into a van (instead of a 16/17 year old who may have been well aware of what he/she was doing) then that child and its family is still suffering, and I can't sling dirt in their face by empathising with the predator. He knew what he was doing.

Carlston

Apr 8, 2008
Sorry my friend, in Houston all sex offenders are registers and everyone knows who they are and can be found by a simple search on the internet.

So not to worried.

Here at least he'd still not be allowed to work anywhere children gather, game room ect, electronic store...hmm think could happen. All people should get another chance at life but it would be one of those stay in plain sight and don't ever be caught with a customer not in a public view type o thing.

Only thing I learned living in Seattle WA is when you refuse to give someone like this a job or second chance at life, damn well they will repeat the same crime, if you keep them hungry and homeless long enough.

BlackSaint09

Dec 9, 2010
hmmmmmm... I would say il hire him until he makes a wrong move and then fire him but theres a problem with that idea i just found out about.
regardless of if he was guilty or not the word would get around that id be hireing a criminal eventually potentially damaging my business... Unless i could give him a job which wouldnt have him pacing about my store during the time which we have customers in.

stonethered

Mar 3, 2009
With the information available at the time of the interview; no, I could not in good conscience hire him. I'd feel awful about not hiring him, but I really would need to know more before I could employ someone like that.

Now, give it a week, a background check, and some serious thought and I probably would. I'd be very careful about it though, and I don't think I could ever be quite as friendly towards him as I would an employee who had been convicted of say, vehicular manslaughter.

And regardless, I'd feel bad about the situation. Even if he seemed like a nice guy, and seemed completely innocent, I have friends that were molested as children. I'd always feel a twinge of guilt whenever I talked to one of them, knowing that I might be employing someone who may have messed up some other poor kid the same way they were. It'd be like spitting in their faces.
But if I didn't hire him, I'd feel like I was discriminating against someone who really needed work. I'd wonder if maybe my helping could have put his life on track, maybe even my being around could have kept him from going down that same dark path again. And I'd blame myself for not showing him a little kindness.

somonels

Oct 12, 2010
I am sorry but the whole idea about serving time for your crimes is absurd. Sexual predators often have something wrong with their heads, so, while repentance may be genuine, it does not rule out future relapses.
Was it in Ukraine where they are preparing to start chemically castrating people like that? Apparently chopping the bits off does not help.

Hiring him is a no-no. He may be a fine worker but the store will be avoided by the community because of him. This also creates a lingering negative opinion of your store, and yourself, for years to come.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
LegendaryGamer0 said:

Seriously, have you ever met an actual 7 year old? There's no way they have anything like the maturity level to consent, and claiming so is a common justification child abusers use for their crimes (not saying that you would).

I have a 7 year old sister and I can tell you now that if anyone had sex with her, supposedly "consensual" or not, I'm not exaggerating when I say they'd be lucky to still be alive by the time I'd finished with them.

OT: Knowing that someone had done that, I just couldn't employ them. I'm all for second chances but I couldn't stand to work in the presence of a child abuser...

knight steel

Jul 6, 2009
Yes i would hire him on the spot!On top of that i would also ask him if he would like to join my underground children kidnapping ring it's win-win,well except for the children but who cares about them ^_^.

sanomaton

Oct 25, 2008
How about the fact that after you've suffered your time in prison your 'debt' to society is paid and you should no longer be affected by the crime you did?

Yes, I would hire him if he's that valuable in work.