Share some things that make you smile!

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
So...playing Hades, and every time a run ends I talk to everyone with new dialogue...including the faceless shades of the dead. For those who haven't played, the shades only have a line or two and then, just for the hell of it, we see their cause of death. Well, in this last run they were talking about how much they wished they could just catch a glimpse of Aphrodite...and you know what their cause of death was? Dehydration. They died of thirst.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
@Chimpzy, watching Let's Make a Deal this morning, and the contestant won The Big Deal at the end: a $14,000 trip to Belgium. You people think you're so much better than us, don't you? $14,000 could get you a tour of all 48 of the contiguous United States, you'd probably only enjoy a fourth of them, and you'd still have enough left over to hop a biplane to Alaska to get mauled by a moose. Hell, for $14,000, you could probably BUY Wyoming, but it get's you a whole WEEK in Belgium :rolleyes:

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
@Chimpzy, watching Let's Make a Deal this morning, and the contestant won The Big Deal at the end: a $14,000 trip to Belgium. You people think you're so much better than us, don't you? $14,000 could get you a tour of all 48 of the contiguous United States, you'd probably only enjoy a fourth of them, and you'd still have enough left over to hop a biplane to Alaska to get mauled by a moose. Hell, for $14,000, you could probably BUY Wyoming, but it get's you a whole WEEK in Belgium :rolleyes:
I'm actually just as baffled as you. Unless they're planning on putting you up in an executive suite at a luxury hotel and dine at a Michelin star restaurant for every damn meal, I have no idea what you'd do around here that would cost $14000 for just one week?

Reactions: Xprimentyl

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
I'm actually just as baffled as you. Unless they're planning on putting you up in an executive suite at a luxury hotel and dine at a Michelin star restaurant for every damn meal, I have no idea what you'd do around here that would cost $14000 for just one week?
Yeah, it's a luxury trip for two; I forget the details, but they spared no expense. Meanwhile, I've seen people win "luxury" trips to Dallas (20 minutes south of me) that barely break $5,000, so I'm guessing airfare is a healthy chunk of that $14,000 to Belgium. Still, what they showed looked absolutely incredible, and to think that's your backyard makes me jealous. I dislike jealousy, so feel someone Belgian needs to pay for making me feel this way. I could blame the woman who taught French in my high school, but 1.) haven't seen her in over 20 years and 2.) she was fucking hot. So, as the only other Belgian person I "know," the onus for my negative feelings falls to you. You should be ashamed of yourself; how dare you?

DISCLAIMER: Reason tapered off progressively during the typing of this post.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Yeah, it's a luxury trip for two; I forget the details, but they spared no expense. Meanwhile, I've seen people win "luxury" trips to Dallas (20 minutes south of me) that barely break $5,000, so I'm guessing airfare is a healthy chunk of that $14,000 to Belgium. Still, what they showed looked absolutely incredible, and to think that's your backyard makes me jealous. I dislike jealousy, so feel someone Belgian needs to pay for making me feel this way. I could blame the woman who taught French in my high school, but 1.) haven't seen her in over 20 years and 2.) she was fucking hot. So, as the only other Belgian person I "know," the onus for my negative feelings falls to you. You should be ashamed of yourself; how dare you?

DISCLAIMER: Reason tapered off progressively during the typing of this post.
Very well then, I shall submit myself as the subject of thine ire, as lightning rod unto a storm, so you may find succour.

Also, in case you need some extra venting, I'm not alone here. Generals is also Belgian. I think Bluegate might be too, tho I'm not sure.

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
Very well then, I shall submit myself as the subject of thine ire, as lightning rod unto a storm, so you may find succour.

Also, in case you need some extra venting, I'm not alone here. Generals is also Belgian. I think Bluegate might be too, tho I'm not sure.
So...this then?

Reactions: Chimpzy