Share Your Shower Thoughts

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
Why does she always put the washing machine on as soon as I get in here?

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
In the States, shoes are sized for length and width. Width usually goes unmentioned unless you deviate from standard, and the next width size up for men is an E...so does that mean that most men suffer from D-feet?

...I'll show myself out.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Characters like Dante, Bayonetta, or Gungrave would completely destroy The Matrix.

Blaze Fielding was my first video game crush.

Ryoko is still the best girl from the Tenchi series.

If T-Virus broke out in Downtown Detroit, we'd be so screwed.

I got a lot of paint on me today.

Drathnoxis said:
EvilRoy said:
It struck me recently that I fucking hated Inuyasha and Sailor Moon at the time they were on, so why do I get occasional random desires to rewatch them? Do I pine for my youth that badly, or do I secretly actually enjoy absolute wank? Or are they just better than I want to admit?
I thought Inuyasha was pretty decent. Not an absolute masterpiece, but a solid lighthearted action romp with some dramatic moments. Really long, but I don't ever remember wishing they'd hurry up and move the plot along. I quite liked it, and I only watched it around 5 years ago so it's not nostalgia. I don't know what sort of mess the dub is though, could be pretty terrible from that time period.
The dub is decent, but I hate Kagome (her English voice gets grating real fast whenever she nags at the title character) and Kikyo who's just an idiot and hypocritical ***** after being resurrected. Kagome has a similar problem. The only characters I actually like were Miroku, Sango, Sesshomaru (who aren't suppose to like in the beginning at least), and Rin. Inuyasha I found tolerable. Kagome suffered the same problems Naru from Love Hina. Double-standard female on male abuse is not funny. Neither of the two characters are cute nor sexy. The second one refers mainly to Naru. Not to mention, Inuyasha is an anime/manga that went on for 10+ years, and the author kept dragging the story. She had nno idea what she was doing. I stopped watching Inuyasha during my junior year in high school, when I realized Naraku kept getting away, and rinse and repeat.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Asita said:
In the States, shoes are sized for length and width. Width usually goes unmentioned unless you deviate from standard, and the next width size up for men is an E...so does that mean that most men suffer from D-feet?

...I'll show myself out.
Show yourself out? Absolutely not, sir or madam; with that kind of entirely random and brilliant shower thought, you?ve netted yourself a seat on the board.

Sep 24, 2008
Xprimentyl said:
Asita said:

...I'll show myself out.
Show yourself out? Absolutely not, sir or madam; with that kind of entirely random and brilliant shower thought, you?ve netted yourself a seat on the board.
My Good Gentleman, if you officially turn this into a 'Share Your Shower Dad Jokes', I will never leave.

You have been warned.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
ObsidianJones said:
Xprimentyl said:
Asita said:

...I'll show myself out.
My Good Gentleman, if you officially turn this into a 'Share Your Shower Dad Jokes', I will never leave.

You have been warned.
Haha! Hey, if dad jokes are your shower thoughts, there's no better place for them!

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Asita said:

...I'll show myself out.
Cool joke in my book. Never saw it coming.

Sep 24, 2008
So, hey, I'm going to fly out to Chicago this evening from Western NY. If the unthinkable happens (do not like modes of transit where I don't have control), does anyone want me to try to haunt them for proof of the afterlife? You gotta give me something specific but low on the typical haunting scale because I don't know how powerful I would be if I was all ghost like.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
ObsidianJones said:
So, hey, I'm going to fly out to Chicago this evening from Western NY. If the unthinkable happens (do not like modes of transit where I don't have control), does anyone want me to try to haunt them for proof of the afterlife? You gotta give me something specific but low on the typical haunting scale because I don't know how powerful I would be if I was all ghost like.
Don?t talk like that! You?ll be fine! Safe travels, my friend!

(But since you did offer, while I don?t want to be haunted directly (no need to appear in your spectral form; I?ve made it nearly 4 decades without shitting my pants,) if you could possess the internet and funnel obscene amounts of cash into my bank account, it?d be greatly appreciated.)

Sep 24, 2008
Xprimentyl said:

(But since you did offer, while I don?t want to be haunted directly (no need to appear in your spectral form; I?ve made it nearly 4 decades without shitting my pants,) if you could possess the internet and funnel obscene amounts of cash into my bank account, it?d be greatly appreciated.)
... what part of that do you feel falls into "Limited Ghost Powers"?!

Like, don't you have a ceramic horse that I can make whinny or something?

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
Xprimentyl said:
I've made it nearly 4 decades without shitting my pants
When did you break your streak?! (I don't really want to know, I just wanted to make the cheap joke.)

Sep 24, 2008
Baffle2 said:
Xprimentyl said:
When did you break your streak?! (I don't really want to know, I just wanted to make the cheap joke.)
Cheap joke? I thought it was more of a crap joke.

:D

THE SHARE YOUR SHOWER DAD JOKES INFINITY WAR HAS BEGUN!!!!!

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
ObsidianJones said:
Xprimentyl said:

... what part of that do you feel falls into "Limited Ghost Powers"?!

Like, don't you have a ceramic horse that I can make whinny or something?
Ceramic horse? Really?

Fine, if you?re not confident you?ll be able to commit internet fraud for my personal gain (at least try, tons of free cash sounds awesome,) how about possessing my cat? I?m pretty sure you?re going to have to oust the spirit of one of my dead enemies to get in there because everything she does are so clearly and intentionally mean and spiteful, possession by someone who hated me in life is the only logical answer. She walked OFF the ceramic tile to puke on the carpet 10-inches away; what kind of vindictive dickery is that?!?

ObsidianJones said:
Baffle2 said:
Xprimentyl said:
Cheap joke? I thought it was more of a crap joke.

:D

THE SHARE YOUR SHOWER DAD JOKES INFINITY WAR HAS BEGUN!!!!!
*Ba-dum-bum-bum!* Nice?

Oh, and I was 2 the last time I shat my pants, Baffle2; probably brownish-green and the consistency of chunky peanut butter. Don?t care if you wanted to know or not; you now have to live with the consequences of your inquisitive jestering. XD

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
Xprimentyl said:
consistency of chunky peanut butter.
We call that crunchy here. I'm glad we've been able to form this transatlantic bond over a two-year-old's (perfectly reasonable) faecal incontinence. Times being what they are, I think we're all lucky to have each other.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
If you tell someone "You are shit", it's negative
If you tell them "You are not shit", it's positive.
But if you tell someone "You are the shit", it's positive
And if you tell them "You are not the shit", it's negative.

English, dafuck mate?

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
ObsidianJones said:
Because we have quickly passed the actual image of a strong woman and started putting up lampoons of what one actually is. A strong female lead is, coincidentally, the same depiction of a strong male; one who is confident in their abilities to the point that they don't always hearken back to how amazing they are or has to call out they do this to prove themselves.

Ellen Ripley is a great example, and my first actual crush on an adult woman. Sure, I had crushes on cartoon characters and girls my own age, But she was bad ass and amazing. That was soon followed up by Vasquez, and might I add ALL HAIL VASQUEZ [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49OZ0M_0fhg]!!!

... Sorry, where was I? I literally am tingly.

This is something that Blaxploitation did. After literal centuries of being under the heel of another culture, blacks in the 70's and early 80's went out in droves to see figures who were not only larger than life, but larger than life in spite of the very thing that held them back before. And furthermore, they claimed it as a source of power.

Soon it will die down. And we'll see that we had it right actually back in the 80's. Ripley, Red Sonja, Cynthia Rothrock, Sarah from Labyrinth, Chris from Adventures in Babysitting...

You know, this might have started off humorously, but seeing that list it now makes more sense to me I'm into the type of women I'm into.
It is always healthy to grow one's self-awareness, even through typing a single post. Glad to have aided in the minutest of ways. ;)
You could be right there, also I should clarify when first posting it was specific trends in mainstream entertainment that were in mind, whereas there are far better examples outside of that area (and far worse too, I suppose!). The main issue that bugs is not being able to connect to a female character as a person when it's blatantly obvious they were designed by guys for guys, yet we're all supposed to applaud the fact that they're just kicking ass.
Like, with blaxploitation or any inclusion of black characters in fiction, are there ever times when you can see they may have been designed by white people for white people in a way that diminishes your ability to view the character/s as relatable human? There's a lot of damaging stereotypes deployed since the dawn of time that would apply, but are there more subtler moments of disillusionment towards a media in which white people would go "oh, so progressive!" and you'd think "...really??"

The most recent and obvious example in mind is Gravity Rush (2 was the one recently played, but both apply), a game I really want to love but can't because the character is drawn specifically for males, by males...along with an array of fetish outfits for good measure. Since noticing that, it kinda taints how the rest of the game is perceived, like her personality; I first thought it was merely charming dumb innocence zelda-style, but now I'm wondering if it's just there as yet another male fetish from a culture that openly fetishises it. How can I see them as an actual human when they're entire existence is born solely from a desire to titillate and their personality doesn't show any relatable depth? Though that example is a bit more blatant than what was originally in mind, it seems the best to highlight what angle I'm trying to come from. As a creatory type, I think it's cheap, lazy and exploitative to only create human characters you find, and believe others will find attractive, without - at the very least - bothering to put in the effort to write them as human as possible.
Sorry, that was definitely longer than the average shower thought. My phone is soaking now.

Thaluikhain said:
Well, there's that.

You've also got people who think female empowerment is a good thing, but have no idea what it is. People all for it, but haven't thought it through and don't realise that they've got unconscious biases and ways of thinking themselves.

By comparison, the common trope of a Powerful Woman, who is super special and powerful because she's not like other women. Which is combining the idea that women can be powerful (look, our angry lead character is one) with the idea that women aren't (every other women in the world, the normal ones, are not, and the lead probably hates them). The latter idea probably isn't conscious, it just snuck in when they weren't thinking.

More cynically, female empowerment has become big business. You get arguments over this, whether a girl band that's all sexy and angrily dressed (or the other way round) and sings about girl power and is run by a cabal of shady old white guys is an attempt to weaken girl power or just make money out of pretending to care about it.
Yeah, I get what you mean, and don't disagree, it's just a bit tiring to see over and over again while plenty of women and girls still suffer with image problems leading to many other mental health issues born from constant expectations of a male dominant society.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
ObsidianJones said:
Ooh, flippant death! Alright, if the worst, yet statistically unlikely happens...could you haunt me just to confirm there is an afterlife at all please? Blood on the walls will do, perhaps with your online signature for clarification. I have many tests to go through and would very much like to believe in such a thing, but cannot because it just doesn't make any sense. Some serious realignments would have to be made after though. Any haunting will do, only don't mess with the fridge as it has all my delicious food in it. Oh and no deleting my precious saved data and music library! Good luck with the travels and remember to breathe!

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
Chimpzy said:

English, dafuck mate?
Speaking of which, the word "fuck" has a similar - if not greater - level of versatility. Curiously enough, even the same phrase can have dramatically different meanings based entirely on inflection. "Fuck me", for instance, can indicate sexual desire, surprise, anger, or even wry humor.

Silent Protagonist

Aug 29, 2012
Asita said:
Chimpzy said:

English, dafuck mate?
Speaking of which, the word "fuck" has a similar - if not greater - level of versatility. Curiously enough, even the same phrase can have dramatically different meanings based entirely on inflection. "Fuck me", for instance, can indicate sexual desire, surprise, anger, or even wry humor.
My favorite is "I never said they stole my money" for having very different implications depending on which word is emphasized.

I = someone else said they stole my money
never = I am offended you would suggest that I said they stole my money
said = I only implied they stole my money
they = someone else stole my money
stole = I gave them my money
my = they stole someone else's money
money = they stole something other than money