Share Your Shower Thoughts

Sep 24, 2008
Xprimentyl said:
ObsidianJones said:
Xprimentyl said:
Could easily go here; there?re no strict rules as to what internal ramblings folks share.

OT, my shower thought this morning: ?I wonder what ObsidionJones? head rant was all about??
Understand the great pains it took me not to make the obvious joke here. *ahem [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLRZ0dIvwHY]*
Yeah, didn?t come across in text the way it sounded in my head, and even saying it again in my head, I can?t unhear what you?ve implied, so? your restraint is much appreciated?

It was just about dating. How it's going to get worse because no one really wants to explore moving the male part from the 1950's and out into the forefront with the new unchained and dynamic capabilities of women today.
Have you seen the guys with full, neatly trimmed, mountain man beards wearing skinny jeans whilst drink $7 soy milk lattes and the women who?re attracted to them?

In all seriousness, though, I haven?t found (meaning it hasn?t been my personal experience) that those old tropes of the sexes? roles in relationships hold much weight anymore. Just saying, if a woman outright says she wants a man to take care of her or a man says a woman?s place is at home in the kitchen, they?re likely to sound like the silliest person in the room anymore. Those kinds of people are looking for something as opposed to someone and aren?t likely to be taken seriously by modern, rational people in the dating scene.
I don't know.

From what I remember about dating sites, a good number of women had physical requirements on men most of the time.

"Please, no one under 6 feet. Sorry, that's just my preference"

"Need to take care of your body. Girls like muscles, you know"

"I need a man that can protect me, and scrawny guys can't"

"I like sex, so you better come equipped down there" I honestly saw variations of that three times. It's admittedly a small number, but I'l go into it why I mentioned it... well, right now.

Stuff like that. Stuff that, which if flipped, would be the height of body objectification.

"Please, no one taller than 5'7. Sorry, that's just my preference"

"Need to take care of your body. Guys don't like fat, you know"

"I need a woman that can make me feel big, and capable women can't"

"I like sex, so you better come equipped up there." (See? Full circle)

Frankly, we've seen how the world is around us. We're not awash with rational people. We're awash with people who know how to put on a facade, but are in reality just as shallow as the people they want to condemn.

Granted, I haven't done any dating since I've moved up here, but I am coming from the Tri-state area of NYC. So I admit to having an askew perception. But there's still a level of jobs that are deemed acceptable for a male partner. A woman can be whatever she wants. Having roommates was looked down upon... even in one of the most expensive places in the world. Body Requirements, Education Requirements, Acceptable Levels of Family Relations...

The issue is that a lot of these profiles would ask for a laundry list of things from the guy, but then say "I'm me, this is who I am, either take it or leave it".

Again, This might be a perception of maybe New York State (because I hear the same thing from co-workers up here in Western New York), but the concept of asking for specifics from a potential mate and then stating that all the mate will receive is time is off putting to me. How can someone ask others to bring stuff to the table up front and then proudly proclaim that all that person needs to bring is themselves?

I find it preposterous to ask for at least a C-cup, a certain height, a level of employment that I deem acceptable, and whatever. I mean, at the end of the day I feel it should be the woman that is important, not the labels. And like you said, I feel that a rational person would think the same way.

I mean, we all have our likes, but they all pale in comparison when you meet that one. The hair color you thought was so hot, the way someone walks or move... that all melts when you find that person who when she enters the room, there is nothing else you can focus on but her (or him, however you live your life). But it felt like trying to date here that most of the women I saw on dating sites, met in real life via friends or co-workers, or could not help but to overhear (I will never understand people talking loudly about their dating lives on the subway)... It was Labels first, and then hope for a connection after.

If that's an acceptable way of doing things, why are we trying to make body positive acceptance? I can't piece that together logically in my mind. Your body is beautiful in any size or shape it comes in, but as a dude, I have to be over 6 foot and take care of myself? I know the knee jerk response is that women through history, her body was always what she was judged by. But throughout history as well, if you weren't strong enough to bring home the food or fend off invaders, that guy wouldn't make a desirable partner for anyone.

I mean, I'm 6'2 and I do take care of myself. But I just never was able to comprehend that schism.

I think what I'm trying to say is that dating is for losers and video games and working out is the best use of your time.

[/Neverfollowthatadvice]

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
ObsidianJones said:
Xprimentyl said:
ObsidianJones said:
Xprimentyl said:
Could easily go here; there?re no strict rules as to what internal ramblings folks share.

OT, my shower thought this morning: ?I wonder what ObsidionJones? head rant was all about??
Understand the great pains it took me not to make the obvious joke here. *ahem [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLRZ0dIvwHY]*
Yeah, didn?t come across in text the way it sounded in my head, and even saying it again in my head, I can?t unhear what you?ve implied, so? your restraint is much appreciated?

It was just about dating. How it's going to get worse because no one really wants to explore moving the male part from the 1950's and out into the forefront with the new unchained and dynamic capabilities of women today.
Have you seen the guys with full, neatly trimmed, mountain man beards wearing skinny jeans whilst drink $7 soy milk lattes and the women who?re attracted to them?

In all seriousness, though, I haven?t found (meaning it hasn?t been my personal experience) that those old tropes of the sexes? roles in relationships hold much weight anymore. Just saying, if a woman outright says she wants a man to take care of her or a man says a woman?s place is at home in the kitchen, they?re likely to sound like the silliest person in the room anymore. Those kinds of people are looking for something as opposed to someone and aren?t likely to be taken seriously by modern, rational people in the dating scene.
I don't know.

From what I remember about dating sites, a good number of women had physical requirements on men most of the time.

"Please, no one under 6 feet. Sorry, that's just my preference"

"Need to take care of your body. Girls like muscles, you know"

"I need a man that can protect me, and scrawny guys can't"

"I like sex, so you better come equipped down there" I honestly saw variations of that three times. It's admittedly a small number, but I'l go into it why I mentioned it... well, right now.

Stuff like that. Stuff that, which if flipped, would be the height of body objectification.

"Please, no one taller than 5'7. Sorry, that's just my preference"

"Need to take care of your body. Guys don't like fat, you know"

"I need a woman that can make me feel big, and capable women can't"

"I like sex, so you better come equipped up there." (See? Full circle)

Frankly, we've seen how the world is around us. We're not awash with rational people. We're awash with people who know how to put on a facade, but are in reality just as shallow as the people they want to condemn.

Granted, I haven't done any dating since I've moved up here, but I am coming from the Tri-state area of NYC. So I admit to having an askew perception. But there's still a level of jobs that are deemed acceptable for a male partner. A woman can be whatever she wants. Having roommates was looked down upon... even in one of the most expensive places in the world. Body Requirements, Education Requirements, Acceptable Levels of Family Relations...

The issue is that a lot of these profiles would ask for a laundry list of things from the guy, but then say "I'm me, this is who I am, either take it or leave it".

Again, This might be a perception of maybe New York State (because I hear the same thing from co-workers up here in Western New York), but the concept of asking for specifics from a potential mate and then stating that all the mate will receive is time is off putting to me. How can someone ask others to bring stuff to the table up front and then proudly proclaim that all that person needs to bring is themselves?

I find it preposterous to ask for at least a C-cup, a certain height, a level of employment that I deem acceptable, and whatever. I mean, at the end of the day I feel it should be the woman that is important, not the labels. And like you said, I feel that a rational person would think the same way.

I mean, we all have our likes, but they all pale in comparison when you meet that one. The hair color you thought was so hot, the way someone walks or move... that all melts when you find that person who when she enters the room, there is nothing else you can focus on but her (or him, however you live your life). But it felt like trying to date here that most of the women I saw on dating sites, met in real life via friends or co-workers, or could not help but to overhear (I will never understand people talking loudly about their dating lives on the subway)... It was Labels first, and then hope for a connection after.

If that's an acceptable way of doing things, why are we trying to make body positive acceptance? I can't piece that together logically in my mind. Your body is beautiful in any size or shape it comes in, but as a dude, I have to be over 6 foot and take care of myself? I know the knee jerk response is that women through history, her body was always what she was judged by. But throughout history as well, if you weren't strong enough to bring home the food or fend off invaders, that guy wouldn't make a desirable partner for anyone.

I mean, I'm 6'2 and I do take care of myself. But I just never was able to comprehend that schism.

I think what I'm trying to say is that dating is for losers and video games and working out is the best use of your time.

[/Neverfollowthatadvice]
That?s the problem: dating sites.

Despite our modern dependence on the Internet and its multitude of conveniences, dating sites should not be a standard by which one gauges the larger dating scene. Dating sites, while fine and work perfectly for some people, are basically online shopping: impersonal, functional and convenient. I tried it once many, many years ago (more out of boredom and curiosity than desperation,) and after one date, knew it would be the last time I?d do it. The girl was sweet and the date was fine, but I couldn?t shake the feeling that we?d essentially ?ordered? each other and the path forward wouldn?t be the excitement of discovering who each other was, but more trying to meet the expectations we?d claimed we could meet for the other before we ever knew each other existed.

Imagine it?s dinner time, your hungry and decide on pizza. You call your local pizza establishment, tell them exactly what you want, 20-30 minutes later, a disaffected 17-year-old shows up with your cheese-less pizza (I?ll never forget the cheese thing, you psychopath.) But imagine you?re feeling more adventurous; you?re hungry, but aren?t settled on what you want, so you take to a dining strip nearby and walk aimlessly until the right scent catches your appetite, and suddenly you?re eating Indian food. Which scenario sounds more exciting? More natural? More? romantic?

Online dating is ?bring me what I want;? actual dating is going out into the populace and saying ?this is who I am. Takers??

Yes, we all have our personal preferences; it?s also natural/common to share those preferences with our friends (i.e.: I?ve sat with my friends and talked about this or that woman?s T&A like the lowbrow savages we are do,) but you?d hope the better ones of us don?t limit our expectations to those very narrow criteria; My girlfriend doesn?t check EVERY box on my figurative checklist (on which the lines are so blurred it barely exists,) and I know I don?t check a few on hers (she?ll tell anyone how much she loves blonde hair and blue eyes, my black hair and brown eyes aren?t that, and why are we watching Thor for the 138th time??), but we love each other for who we are, what we?ve grown to know of each other after almost 4 years, and not for how closely we meet each other?s specifications.

No, dating?s not getting ?worse;? dating hasn?t changed at all and is a separate thing from online dating which is what should really be bearing the brunt of your scrutiny and ire. You have to decide if you want to place an order, BE ordered yourself and hope you measure up, or simply be yourself and let things happen naturally. And let me tell you, as a 6?2?-tall, physically fit dude, your lure is in the water de facto (a heavy cross you must carry, I?m sure,) the onus is simply on you to get out there, be yourself, and let the physical attraction reel one in to appreciate the broader you.

Thank you,

Sep 24, 2008
Xprimentyl said:
That?s the problem: dating sites.

Despite our modern dependence on the Internet and its multitude of conveniences, dating sites should not be a standard by which one gauges the larger dating scene. Dating sites, while fine and work perfectly for some people, are basically online shopping: impersonal, functional and convenient. I tried it once many, many years ago (more out of boredom and curiosity than desperation,) and after one date, knew it would be the last time I?d do it. The girl was sweet and the date was fine, but I couldn?t shake the feeling that we?d essentially ?ordered? each other and the path forward wouldn?t be the excitement of discovering who each other was, but more trying to meet the expectations we?d claimed we could meet for the other before we ever knew each other existed.

Imagine it?s dinner time, your hungry and decide on pizza. You call your local pizza establishment, tell them exactly what you want, 20-30 minutes later, a disaffected 17-year-old shows up with your cheese-less pizza (I?ll never forget the cheese thing, you psychopath.) But imagine you?re feeling more adventurous; you?re hungry, but aren?t settled on what you want, so you take to a dining strip nearby and walk aimlessly until the right scent catches your appetite, and suddenly you?re eating Indian food. Which scenario sounds more exciting? More natural? More? romantic?

Online dating is ?bring me what I want;? actual dating is going out into the populace and saying ?this is who I am. Takers??

Yes, we all have our personal preferences; it?s also natural/common to share those preferences with our friends (i.e.: I?ve sat with my friends and talked about this or that woman?s T&A like the lowbrow savages we are do,) but you?d hope the better ones of us don?t limit our expectations to those very narrow criteria; My girlfriend doesn?t check EVERY box on my figurative checklist (on which the lines are so blurred it barely exists,) and I know I don?t check a few on hers (she?ll tell anyone how much she loves blonde hair and blue eyes, my black hair and brown eyes aren?t that, and why are we watching Thor for the 138th time??), but we love each other for who we are, what we?ve grown to know of each other after almost 4 years, and not for how closely we meet each other?s specifications.

No, dating?s not getting ?worse;? dating hasn?t changed at all and is a separate thing from online dating which is what should really be bearing the brunt of your scrutiny and ire. You have to decide if you want to place an order, BE ordered yourself and hope you measure up, or simply be yourself and let things happen naturally. And let me tell you, as a 6?2?-tall, physically fit dude, your lure is in the water de facto (a heavy cross you must carry, I?m sure,) the onus is simply on you to get out there, be yourself, and let the physical attraction reel one in to appreciate the broader you.

Thank you,
ObsidianJones said:
You Never Listen To Me Any More! Why do you think I'm on those sites and in real life?! *cries*

Joking aside, I get your point. But it's happened in all aspects of trying to date (being set up to online dating) and just talking about dating. Women stating exactly what they want from physical to jobs, it happened to me whether I was online seeing a pre-made website that has nothing to do with me, or to my meat space face.

And why is it lowbrow savagery to admit we like T&A? Most of my friends are women. Do you KNOW how women talk about guys when they are untethered?! Jesus Christ, man. I feel down right tame compared to most of my female friends when they start talking about sex or sexual interest.

Back on topic, Dating more felt like "This is who I am... no, wait a minute. I'm a live human being. I'm not clay. Stop molding me, stop molding me, stop molding me... Wait, why is it bad that I don't want you to mold me?!"

And don't get it twisted. I fully know that a good relationship is about compromise and adaption. For example, a woman I might be into doesn't like video games. So, that's fine. I won't expose it to her and I'll limit even thoughts of it during our time together. Our time together is about enjoying one another and our shared experiences. Cool.

The molding I'm talking about is like so:

Her: "Hey, do you like X?!"

Me: "Oh, yeah, X. I've heard great things, but I tried it and it's not for me."

H: "Oh, come on. You heard great things. It's really good. You probably didn't give it a real try. Here, we'll do X together and I'll show you. All my friends love X."

M: "Well, yeah. That's great. I'm glad you and your friends love X. Again, it seems wonderful for people who are into that. I just happen not to be one of those people into X"

H: "... I don't feel like you gave X a try."

M: "Well. I did. Before. And it never clicked with me."

H: "You should try again with me. Why won't you try for me?"

Insert Certain Clubs, Chocolate, Movies, Songs, Artists, Books (Freaking Harry Potter....), Restaurants, etc. and you get the type of molding I'm talking about. That I'm not being fair or being a good person to date because I already had an opinion about something I already tried before. That somehow, I was being unreasonable for just sticking to my guns in knowing that I like what I like and I don't like what I don't.

It happened so much that it actually started to mess with my sense of self. That I might be constantly getting things wrong and I don't see things the way they are. Or that I was too stubborn or inflexible if this constantly happened time and time again. That's the primary thing that made me begin to consider pulling myself out of all this all that time ago.

Let alone things I don't do just because I don't do them. Like Drugs, Coffee, Alcohol, or Cheese. These topics have been death for me.

I find it getting worse because of my boys who are still in the game. It's actually the group thread we're on that on the previous night that made me mull this over. He said simply "I'm always expected to supply, and I can't have any expectations of her. Or else I'm a dog".

And he breaks down what he feels is happening to him with his girl. Granted, I'm not there. He's back in Brooklyn. I never even met her. But his feelings were very familiar. This is a common thread for most of the women they talk about. It was one when I was dating. This is not localized to my group of friends. It feels like it's a Mores that a woman can demand of, and the guy just has to supply. In short, my boys aree all sounding like I did when I was pre-giving up.

With tools like internet dating, I actually fear a good deal of the time it will devolve to that Pizza thing. I mean, we're all a product of our environment. You and I see the idea of cops (not every cop in the world) as a potential problem because we've lived in a world where a good deal of cops are problems to people like us. Likewise, if you live in a world where you've seen to the majority that your labels and how you supply them matter more than who you are as a person... but you can not ask for the same thing back? That will not be good. Not by a long shot.

Again, this does not excuse crappy behavior. But people will try to use it to do so. "If that girl was just interested in height and I didn't make the cut, hell, I can be just interested in their bodies. It's only fair". Hence a problem.

[for the Lulz]And to your last point, I would have to be confident in my physical attraction for that. I'm currently hovering at "Being ok-looking". How dare you bring up my pain?!

[/lulz were had]

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
"Damn it, the drain's overflowing again. That means I'll need to unfasten it, and shift through soapy gunk and hair so the water goes down the way it's meant to."

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
ObsidianJones said:
Let alone things I don't do just because I don't do them. Like Drugs, Coffee, Alcohol, or Cheese. These topics have been death for me.
Most of those I get, but cheese seems an odd inclusion (ie, it's cheese specifically rather than milk products in general) that's piqued my curiosity. There's just so much variation in what that could mean. For instance, I don't tend to like cheese 'straight up' as it were or crumbled in salad, but I love as a component in hot foods such as pizza, chicken sandwiches, pasta, and french dips. So please forgive my curiosity, but are you like me in that respect or is that a "no cheese ever" kind of thing? I'm not asking to be judgemental, it's just that as it relates to one of my more complicated food preferences, it's a detail that catches my attention.

Sep 24, 2008
Asita said:
Most of those I get, but cheese seems an odd inclusion (ie, it's cheese specifically rather than milk products in general) that's piqued my curiosity. There's just so much variation in what that could mean. For instance, I don't tend to like cheese 'straight up' as it were or crumbled in salad, but I love as a component in hot foods such as pizza, chicken sandwiches, pasta, and french dips. So please forgive my curiosity, but are you like me in that respect or is that a "no cheese ever" kind of thing? I'm not asking to be judgemental, it's just that as it relates to one of my more complicated food preferences, it's a detail that catches my attention.
Hey, no issue. Glad to share.

The smell, taste, and texture of cheese makes me gag. Prolonged exposure has led to Regurgitation.

And no, I definitely don't ever frame it like that with dates. I mainly say "oh, it doesn't sit well with me."

But no, milk is fine. I prefer sorbet rather than ice cream, but you can't have sorbet with pie.

I love pie.

This also has the bonus of never wanting to eat pizza on the first couple of dates because I take the cheese off.

... Future Me wants me to cut off all the potential escapist who are going to yell at me "THAT'S NOT PIZZA" or "WHAT'S THE POINT?!".

That's how I always had to eat it, because I wasn't born into this world a man with Disposable income. My family would get pizza, and either I ate what was there or I didn't eat. I actually love it.

Although my family had to make the concession of not getting extra cheese because the smell would set me off.

God, I'm fun.

Wintermute_v1legacy

Mar 16, 2012
How come the "kansas" in Arkansas is pronounced differently? I've seen enough american movies to notice this. I could google it, but I don't know if I want to ruin this mystery.

jademunky

Mar 6, 2012
ObsidianJones said:
Is anyone else worried about Lil Devils X?

I remember she shared that her family went through a traumatic event. I hope she's alright.
Oh shit, I hope everything's okay.

This board would be much worse if she abandoned us for good.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
I had a dream last night that I was playing a game where it suddenly started raining bodies. Like from the sky, along with rain. They were kind of like of like spectral bodies, they fell like they had weight and looked pretty solid, but they never really covered the ground. It was a really striking effect, and I'm suddenly surprised I've never actually seen something like that in a real game. It was kind of cool because if you let your character just stand still they'd get covered and the controller would start to vibrate and they'd die mysteriously, but if you moved they'd just walk right through them like they weren't there.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
Asita said:
"If historians find an anthology of Lovecraft's works, will they think they were the myths of an actual religion?"

It's a question I periodically ask myself, and it's not specific to Lovecraft, but the Cthulhu Mythos makes for a relatively intuitive example. In more general terms, it can summed up as "will the fiction of today be mistaken for the religion of yesteryear?"
Most likely yes.

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
Hawki said:
"Damn it, the drain's overflowing again. That means I'll need to unfasten it, and shift through soapy gunk and hair so the water goes down the way it's meant to."
Use caustic soda (carefully, and do wear goggles/glasses). It'll eat organic material in the drain like hair.

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
ObsidianJones said:
This also has the bonus of never wanting to eat pizza on the first couple of dates because I take the cheese off.
That must be a really long date! A pizza is just cheese on bread!

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Am I the only person annoyed by women who, when walking in front of people down a flight of stairs in high-heeled shoes, have to put their arms in weird stabilizing positions and slow their pace to one stair per 2 seconds? Ok, you?re a couple inches taller; good for you, but folks have places to be; either don?t wear heels since you?re not confident you can compromise a typical set of stairs in them, or risk rolling your ankle at a normal stepping pace; the inevitable fall will only serve to expedite the trip down the stairs for everyone involved (if slightly more painfully and humiliatingly for yourself.) No one likes a mild inconvenience, but everyone loves a good belly laugh.

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
Xprimentyl said:
Am I the only person annoyed by women who, when walking in front of people down a flight of stairs in high-heeled shoes, have to put their arms in weird stabilizing positions and slow their pace to one stair per 2 seconds? Ok, you?re a couple inches taller; good for you, but folks have places to be; either don?t wear heels since you?re not confident you can compromise a typical set of stairs in them, or risk rolling your ankle at a normal stepping pace; the inevitable fall will only serve to expedite the trip down the stairs for everyone involved (if slightly more painfully and humiliatingly for yourself.) No one likes a mild inconvenience, but everyone loves a good belly laugh.
I feel the same way about pensioners who go out at lunch time. You've got all day! Why did you go out at the only time the rest of us can get to the Post Office!?

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Baffle2 said:
Xprimentyl said:
I feel the same way about pensioners who go out at lunch time. You've got all day! Why did you go out at the only time the rest of us can get to the Post Office!?
At least we can excuse pensioners a bit; a lot of them have a working lifetime under their belt of lunchtime at the same time as us and are simply creatures of habit. Still, it would be nice if they?d order in or snack at home until the rest of we peons scurriy back to our holes of thankless servitude.

High heels, though, are simply a selfish aesthetic choice; they?ve literally no practical function to redeem the precious seconds I?ve spent trapped behind heeled-and-teetering females on a flight of stairs where social mores dictate that passing them is rude and impatient; the rare misogynist deep down inside of me cannot be convinced otherwise. If a woman can?t pull off heels competently in all common facets of bipedal locomotion and choose to wear them anyway, the LEAST she can do is tumble down a flight of stairs from time to time.

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
Xprimentyl said:
If a woman can?t pull off heels competently in all common facets of bipedal locomotion and choose to wear them anyway, the LEAST she can do is tumble down a flight of stairs from time to time.
Sneak up behind them on the stairs and shout 'DO A BARREL ROLL!' in their ear and see if they manage it.

Sep 24, 2008
Baffle2 said:
ObsidianJones said:
That must be a really long date! A pizza is just cheese on bread!
THE DAD JOKES ARE BACK!!! LONG MAY THEY REIGN!!!

Xprimentyl said:
Ok, ok, ok, ok... My Forum Buddy coming in a little dark. Cool, cool, cool...

[/Nervous Glances]

What actually annoys me are people who stop in the middle of the aisle when they are looking for something at the supermarket. Just in mid-stride with their cart, blocking the aisle.

Anytime I want to look for something, I pull myself to the opposite side of what I'm looking for and try to not get in anyone's way.

And if it's an older woman who does that... I literally don't know what to do any more. Because I was always taught it was rude to pass a woman like that. And I feel ticked that I'm thinking about the civil way of handling this and it feels like she's not thinking about social decorum at all.

My real compliant is that I think about social decorum and civility so much, and it feels like I'm the only one at times.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Huh, the tree climbing training Luke got from Yoda was actually directly useful in his fight with Vader.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
ObsidianJones said:
Ok, ok, ok, ok... My Forum Buddy coming in a little dark. Cool, cool, cool...

[/Nervous Glances]
Lol, I?m being purposefully ?mean? for the sheer absurdity of it; of course these women don?t bother me THAT much, but it IS a valid, easily dismissible nuisance. I?ve always noticed it, but It?s happened a LOT this week at work, so in the shower this morning, I was thinking of ways to avoid it by parking on the lower level and taking the elevator instead of the second level and taking the stairs, then it hit me: why am I the one trying to fix the situation?!? A female friend of mine literally wears heels everywhere and you?d think she was in a pare of Nikes. She wore them on a hike we took and showed off her [apparently] unique skill by traverse a creek on its mossy rocks and followed THAT up by taking the stairs to the top of Chimney Rock [https://www.chimneyrockpark.com/view_trail/chimney-rock/] without breaking a sweat (I was about to die myself; that many stairs is a crime against humanity.) So I KNOW it can be done, and ever since, I look at other women and their stumbling uncertainty and think ?amateurs.?

What actually annoys me are people who stop in the middle of the aisle when they are looking for something at the supermarket. Just in mid-stride with their cart, blocking the aisle.

Anytime I want to look for something, I pull myself to the opposite side of what I'm looking for and try to not get in anyone's way.
Because you?re a decent human being.

And if it's an older woman who does that... I literally don't know what to do any more. Because I was always taught it was rude to pass a woman like that. And I feel ticked that I'm thinking about the civil way of handling this and it feels like she's not thinking about social decorum at all.

My real compliant is that I think about social decorum and civility so much, and it feels like I'm the only one at times.
You?re not alone. Often I?m the proverbial willow in the wind, too, conceding in the face of the arrogant aloofness of others who act without consideration for other people, i.e.: stepping aside when groups of people walking down the sidewalk shoulder-to-shoulder creating an impenetrable wall self-importance, letting the old ladies who cut me in line at the store because ?Oh! [they] didn?t see me? off with a pass and my place in line, etc. So, yeah, while my initial ?high heels on the stairs? was pretty specific, I can agree it?s generally the willful lack of reciprocity of basic human patience and decency on display by so many other. If you?re going to take your sweet time on the stairs and spare your neck, be aware of the line of ?traffic? building up behind you and your fashion choice.

What can I say, buddy; it?s our silence and patience that keeps the gears of a semi-civil society greased and turning. The day we stand up and start pushing old ladies down and slapping cell phones out of the hands of people who can?t step out of the walkway long enough to read a text? Chaos.