Shia LaBeouf Says No to More Transformers

BabySinclair

Apr 15, 2009
Please for the love of god let this one be the last Bay-splosion-fest and let the series get good for a change.

thetruefallen

Mar 12, 2008
If he ever had an interesting role, he might be a decent actor. I still think his best performance to date was the massively awkward teenager in i,robot (he's also only in it for like 5 min max in the entire film) this being the only time when i thought he was trying to be insecure and awkward. He might make a good Bond villain if he shaved his head.

Baradiel

Mar 4, 2009
I never understood all the criticism for Bay's Transformers. I never watched it as a kid, so I'm not blinded by nostalgia. Sure, it was shallow, and there was nothing to it, but its an action movie. I didn't watch it expecting the Godfather, or Kill Bill, or anything particularly groundbreaking. It was an average film, sure, but that level or average doesn't correlate with the incredible level of hatred it seemed to inspire in people.

Mr Pantomime

Jul 10, 2010
You people are silly. If hes not tied down by transformers, her might get a role in decent film!

twm1709

Nov 19, 2009
The transformers movies had a lot of problems. Shia LaDouche was the least of them, however.

Kargathia

Jul 16, 2009
He said that Dark of the Moon was the most "solid" screenplay the franchise had had
He's probably speaking the truth. If there'd be any more holes it wouldn't be a script.

Baradiel

Mar 4, 2009
believer258 said:
Baradiel said:
I never understood all the criticism for Bay's Transformers. I never watched it as a kid, so I'm not blinded by nostalgia. Sure, it was shallow, and there was nothing to it, but its an action movie. I didn't watch it expecting the Godfather, or Kill Bill, or anything particularly groundbreaking. It was an average film, sure, but that level or average doesn't correlate with the incredible level of hatred it seemed to inspire in people.
It never hit the expectations of a bunch of rabid fanboys who were expecting something good from an adaptation of a cartoon about robots beating the shit out of each other, which in turn was an adaptation of a toy line about robots beating the shit out of each other. I hear a lot of complaints about how it's "brainless" and "stupid". What the fuck were these people expecting, Citizen Kane with Optimus Prime!?

There are still legitimate criticisms about the movie but I hardly think Shia Labeouf is one of them, other than getting too much screen time. His acting isn't that bad, and he (so far) doesn't seem like a bad fellow so what gives? Why hate him?
Maybe a bit of jealousy? Fans of the series wish it was them in that role?

I have no idea. Its just the first thing that comes to mind. He isn't particularly bad, he just seems to get roles in films that fans hate (Transformers, he was in Crystal Skull I think too.)

So yeh... hatred by association, or hatred out of jealousy? I dont know.

Bernzz

Assumed Lurker
Legacy
Mar 27, 2009
Country
Australia
Sneaky-Pie said:

Too soon?
I.

Love.

You.

OT: All I can really say is, thank fuck.

I cannot stand the guy. And hey, Michael Bay not making any more of them after Dark of the Moon is a welcome bonus too.

Olorune

Jan 16, 2009
Logan Westbrook said:
He said that it "took what was good about the first movie and used that, while fixing what was bad in the second."
There was good in the first movie?

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Cool: Maybe Transformers-the-fourth will be the one which blasts this trilogy out of cannon.

Or maybe the next Transformers will be a prequel ie: Beast Wars. No humans whatsoever in that series from what I remember.

Olorune

Jan 16, 2009
Baradiel said:
When you have such a potentially perfect concept coupled with childhood memories...and then someone basically shits on that, yeah, I'd say it warrants that level of hatred.

Olorune

Jan 16, 2009
Shoggoth2588 said:
Cool: Maybe Transformers-the-fourth will be the one which blasts this trilogy out of cannon.

Or maybe the next Transformers will be a prequel ie: Beast Wars. No humans whatsoever in that series from what I remember.
\

Uwe Boll will make it.
Cavemen will replace the people...

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
Baradiel said:
believer258 said:
Baradiel said:
It never hit the expectations of a bunch of rabid fanboys who were expecting something good from an adaptation of a cartoon about robots beating the shit out of each other, which in turn was an adaptation of a toy line about robots beating the shit out of each other. I hear a lot of complaints about how it's "brainless" and "stupid". What the fuck were these people expecting, Citizen Kane with Optimus Prime!?

There are still legitimate criticisms about the movie but I hardly think Shia Labeouf is one of them, other than getting too much screen time. His acting isn't that bad, and he (so far) doesn't seem like a bad fellow so what gives? Why hate him?

I have no idea. Its just the first thing that comes to mind. He isn't particularly bad, he just seems to get roles in films that fans hate (Transformers, he was in Crystal Skull I think too.)

Jealousy? Please. I just mind him to be an annoying, one note actor. How in the world did you reach that conclusion?

Baradiel

Mar 4, 2009
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
Baradiel said:
believer258 said:
Baradiel said:

Jealousy? Please. I just mind him to be an annoying, one note actor. How in the world did you reach that conclusion?
Quite easily. Think about it; you like Transformers. It was your childhood. You loved it. Then the film is released, and you're really excited. You watch it, and realise he's an "annoying, one note actor" and you think he was a terrible choice. You possibly start think how you'd have played it, and how it would be better, and then theres this kid playing the role that someone better should be playing, and secretly you consider yourself a better choice.

My use of "you" is purely objective. Its not aimed at you in particular. And this is just a theory; I have no idea what goes through a Transformers fan's head, and I don't understand the hatred towards him, at least, hatred to the extent Transformers fans have for him.