Shia LaBeouf Says No to More Transformers

Alar

The Stormbringer
Dec 1, 2009
Mr Pantomime said:
You people are silly. If hes not tied down by transformers, her might get a role in decent film!
Here's hoping. Most people don't think he's a decent actor, but I think he really is. He just hasn't had a lot of opportunity to be put into good roles.

Also, he has more balls than most actors to say when he (or the character he played) sucked in films, and I give him props for that.

aaronmcc

Oct 18, 2008
believer258 said:
It never hit the expectations of a bunch of rabid fanboys who were expecting something good from an adaptation of a cartoon about robots beating the shit out of each other, which in turn was an adaptation of a toy line about robots beating the shit out of each other. I hear a lot of complaints about how it's "brainless" and "stupid". What the fuck were these people expecting, Citizen Kane with Optimus Prime!?

There are still legitimate criticisms about the movie but I hardly think Shia Labeouf is one of them, other than getting too much screen time. His acting isn't that bad, and he (so far) doesn't seem like a bad fellow so what gives? Why hate him?
I agree. Shia is fine by me. He is just doing a job he loves and if people pay him for it then why the fuck shouldn't he? It's a smart move distancing himself now so that when Drak of the Moon comes out and it also sucks fucking balls he won't have to take all the criticism with him.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
Great. Now if people could just stop giving him parts in movies completely the world would be a slightly better place!

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
He said that it took what was good about the first movie and used that, while fixing what was bad in the second.
...Remind me what was good about the first movie?

Okay, Bumblebee had his moments before they gave him a voice. Other than that, I remember an awful comic relief hacker, and a military squad that turned on its superiors at the drop of a hat, and some "falling long distances safely into big metal hands" shots, and giving the magic MacGuffin to a spunky teenager for some reason...

And then there's this big red screen that says "redacted to keep your brain from turning into Jell-O."

Svenparty

Jan 13, 2009
If only LaBeouf had said no to movies in general. He is insufferable and will be remembered as such.

Though I don't see him in many other roles other than "He's average like you!" so this is just a calm before he transforms into an even worse role.

Jegsimmons

Nov 14, 2010
actually, he never bothered me as an actor. im not wy people are partying about it.

and michael bay wasnt really a bad director, he's just a better action/special effect director.
like a BOOM happy george lucas.

Hungry Donner

Henchman
Mar 19, 2009
Mr Pantomime said:
You people are silly. If hes not tied down by transformers, her might get a role in decent film!
I'm glad I wasn't the only one to immediately think of this. However he seems attracted to pretty lousy movies, maybe we're still safe.

Electrogecko

Apr 15, 2010
I have an idea. Why don't we let one of the giant transforming robots from outer space be the main character in a Transformers movie.

nekoali

Aug 25, 2009
So.. Micheal Bay and Shia LeBeouf aren't going to do any more Transformers movies? Best news I've heard all day. Hopefully soon we will hear a new reboot of the franchise with movies that actually star.. oh I don't know.. giant living robots? What a freaking original idea for a Transformers movie!

What gets me is that Shia is expecting his character to show up in the next movie. If there is any justice, the entire first three movies will be completely forgotten by whoever takes the realm next.

MajorDolphin

Apr 26, 2011
Sneaky-Pie said:

Too soon?
Hahha! :D

On another note, when will they finally give up on this terrible 3D movie gimmick? I HATE going to 3D movies. I want to enjoy the movie, the sets, the special effects without having some goon in a production booth deciding what I should and should not focus my eyes on. Movies designed for 3D try way too many terrible camera shots in an effort to "wow" the viewer. Tree branches swinging through the frame and other nonsense do not add to the movie....

azurawolf

Apr 27, 2009
Sneaky-Pie said:

Too soon?
Ahahahahaha! *wipes tears from eyes*
Thank you.

OY: I liked both movies and I'm excited to see the third.
I am glad that Shia LaBeouf is done making them because I was going to hurt someone if they made another one.

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
I'm not sure why Shia LaBeouf gets so much hate. Alright, he's not the best actor in the world, but he's not the WORST either, and I think I could name quite a few actors who deserve that level of hate much more than him. Seriously this guy get's almost as much flack as Robert Pattinson and that's just not fair.

He also0 seems to be a relatively ok guy in real life from what few interviews I've read, so I don't know what he could have done to earn himself such a bad reputation.

PopcornAvenger

Jul 15, 2008
Actually, rumor central says talks are ongoing with Will Farrel in the lead for the next movie.

With a cameo by Pauly Shore.

Jabberwock xeno

Oct 30, 2009
You know...

Are the transformers movies really that bad?

From an artistic standpoint, perhaps, but they aren't trying to be amazing films: they are trying to be entertaining ones.

And it is beyond me how anybody cannot be entertained by huge ass robots beating the crap out of each other.

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
He's a remarkably bad actor.

Jabberwock xeno said:
You know...

Are the transformers movies really that bad?

From an artistic standpoint, perhaps, but they aren't trying to be amazing films: they are trying to be entertaining ones.

And it is beyond me how anybody cannot be entertained by huge ass robots beating the crap out of each other.
I don't hate myself after watching them, but that Shia fella ruins every scene he is in.