Shower Thoughts MK2

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
Random thought I just had: what happened to all the apples? Only ones you see really are Galas these days.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Is Butthead his legal name?
It may be, like Ponyboy Curtis and Soda Pop Curtis before him. Plus if their fathers are anything to to go by, its unlikely their mothers were possessed of a sterling intellect either.

Last edited:

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
I can't stop thinking how people of the Christian faith could possibly look to this man as a trustworthy human of the holy light...

Even as the least religious person in my area, he is demonic as fuck. It's literal nightmare fuel, holy hell. I could've sworn the bible was supposed to warn believers against stuff like this, surely?

Last edited:

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
I can't stop thinking how people of the Christian faith could possibly look to this man as a trustworthy human of the holy light...

Even as the least religious person in my area, he is demonic as fuck. It's literal nightmare fuel, holy hell. I could've sworn the bible was supposed to warn believers against stuff like this, surely?
The bible says whatever that person wants it to say, in that given moment, including mutually exclusive interpretations of the same passage. It's all bullshit they wave in front of people to get their money. I think that's the same idiotic fuckwad who "cured" covid-19 by "blowing it away." Literally blowing at the camera to rebuke it with the breath of god, or some such bullshit.

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

The scene might as well be happening:
Satan is laughing at both of them.

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States
Hey, potentially weird question.

Eta knocked out our power for about five hours yesterday. My natural prepping lead us to be more than comfortable, but I had a weird thought.

Is there an energy consumption difference between the Nintendo Switch playing a game from Digital format rather than a Physical One?

I play games, I don't know much about it. But the Nintendo Switch is my first real handheld I bought games digitally. Given that Florida attracts Hurricanes and Tropical Storms in such a manner that I assume it was the only reason why it would be created, I'm now curious if digital or physical media is better on the Nintendo Switch battery? Or if there's any difference at all.

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas

Eta knocked out our power for about five hours yesterday. My natural prepping lead us to be more than comfortable, but I had a weird thought.

Is there an energy consumption difference between the Nintendo Switch playing a game from Digital format rather than a Physical One?

I play games, I don't know much about it. But the Nintendo Switch is my first real handheld I bought games digitally. Given that Florida attracts Hurricanes and Tropical Storms in such a manner that I assume it was the only reason why it would be created, I'm now curious if digital or physical media is better on the Nintendo Switch battery? Or if there's any difference at all.
I'm not super familiar with the Switch, but the main difference seems like a digital installation would mean that reading and writing data would be from the console's hard-drive, whereas from a physical copy would be from the disk drive. How they connect to the CPU will be a little different, resulting in different amounts of work on the CPU, but I'm pretty sure the difference would be super miniscule.

Unless the cartridge installs the game files on the hard drive, in which case there's no difference at all, but I'm pretty sure that's not how the Switch works.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Apparently there's a next gen game coming out called Bugsnax, and apparently it's popularity is attained through memes and a theme song. A song which I've never heard, but can only hear it as a version of Love Shack, by the B-52s where the lyrics are "Buuuuug snax, it's a Bugsnax baby! The Bugsnax is a little old place where...we can eat some bugs, yeah! Ooh Bugsnax baby!"
And now I refuse to accept it as anything else.

Reactions: happyninja42

Shadyside

Bad Hombre
Legacy
Aug 20, 2020
On top of your sister
Country
Republic of Texas
Has there been a deus ex machina that has failed in a story? The only one I can think of was Infinity War. It caught regular people off guard when Thor(deus ex machina) didn't stop the snap and fulfilled his character arc.

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
Has there been a deus ex machina that has failed in a story? The only one I can think of was Infinity War. It caught regular people off guard when Thor(deus ex machina) didn't stop the snap and fulfilled his character arc.
Could argue Anakin from the prequels I guess.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Could argue Anakin from the prequels I guess.
Could also argue Luke from Empire and Luke in the sequel trilogy. Poor Luke...

This a good and really frustrating question, I'm pretty sure I've encountered a few before but I just can't remember what they are.

Shadyside

Bad Hombre
Legacy
Aug 20, 2020
On top of your sister
Country
Republic of Texas
I can't really say that Anakin or Luke are deus ex machinas. Both of them technically didn't do exactly what the prophecy said. Regardless of what George says. Anakin was just a tragic hero who flipped the heros journey. His son didn't kill him nor the emperor.

EvilRoy

The face I make when I see unguarded pie.
Legacy
Jan 9, 2011

If it had an HDD then reading from memory would probably take more energy because it needs to physically move a disc which is more energy demanding than just reading info from a SDD. That said, I looked it up and it turns out the Switch just has a flash drive, and carts are little ROM chips, so I think when you use a physical cart all you're doing is adding a second drive to the system - it probably makes no difference at all.

I had a thought, and I'll get to it in a moment, but first I had another thought based on confirming something for the above answer. I looked up "nintendo switch cartridge" because I wanted to confirm they're the same concept as 3DS carts, but you know what came up on the autocomplete? "Nintendo Switch Cartidge Taste" came up. So my prevailing thought at the moment is "fucking what."

My other thought was: Why is it easier for me to find episodes of The Gummi Bears online than it is to find full runs of The Bugs Bunny and Tweetie Show? Bugs is way more popular, this should be far easier to do.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Well isn't that the point?
I guess it boils down to one's definition of deus ex machina? I mean, I've always used the term, to describe the thing/person/etc that shows up and fixes everything in the plot. So, to me, by definition, if they don't do that, they aren't a deus ex machina. So, there can't be any examples of a deus ex that didn't do "the thing", because if they didn't do "the thing", they aren't deus ex. They would just be....not sure what the trope name would be? I guess just something like False Prophecy, or The Prophecy Is a Lie? *shrugs*

Reactions: Bob_McMillan