Six-Year-Old JRPG Beats Assassin's Creed Unity in Steam Charts

Dreiko_v1legacy

Aug 28, 2008
NuclearKangaroo said:
Rozalia1 said:
NuclearKangaroo said:
played 20 hours already, fantastic game, i was truthly missing out, tough i had no choice, i dont have a PS3
You know I have been meaning to ask...you're into JRPGs...yet are PC only...? Now in regards to old games I know the obvious implication and whatever I've talked about it enough, I'll not bring it up if you don't.
But in regards to what is actually legally available...the amount is tiny. Why would you inflict that on yourself?
im not really into JRPGs or RPGs of any kind, not a big fan of the genre

STRATEGY GAMES on the other hand, i love em, and VC is a fantastic one, tough it definitively has its flaws

now that the game turned out to be a success, i cant wait until more japanese devs take note and port their SRPGs to PC

as for why i play on PC, initially it was a matter of budget, PC is simly much cheaper over here than any console, if you want to own legitimate copies of games (i cant begin to tell you how amazing steam has been for me)

that being said the last couple of years the platform has gotten so awesome, i have next to 0 interest on consoles anymore
Jrpgs are more about the story than the gameplay and VC definitely has a Jrpg story, the gameplay is just a strategy war thing that makes it stand out.

If you liked the story of this game you'll likely enjoy most Jrpgs.

Sep 14, 2009
Not that I've been keeping tabs hardcore, but on the humble bundle store and GMG, I've yet to see unity break into the top selling games while valkyrie chronicles has been steadily up there for at least a week if not more.

madster11

Aug 17, 2010
Rozalia1 said:
May I ask how you're legally emulating the PSP?
Really? You're asking about the legality of emulating the PSP, when the PSP is the automatic go-to device for portable emulation of PS1 and earlier consoles? The device that had an update every week to try and prevent the piracy on the device, only to fail every single time with methods from simple software hacks to bloody special aftermarket batteries?

That console?

Not even sony could give less of a shit at this point

Furbyz

Oct 12, 2009
Alright, people in this thread, you've sold me. Buying it now. Haven't played a JRPG in...OH! one of my first posts on this site was asking if ff12 was worth starting over because my game got deleted 38 hours in when I was just getting interested. So that was...5-6 years ago.

Rozalia1

Mar 1, 2014
NuclearKangaroo said:

STRATEGY GAMES on the other hand, i love em, and VC is a fantastic one, tough it definitively has its flaws

now that the game turned out to be a success, i cant wait until more japanese devs take note and port their SRPGs to PC

as for why i play on PC, initially it was a matter of budget, PC is simly much cheaper over here than any console, if you want to own legitimate copies of games (i cant begin to tell you how amazing steam has been for me)

that being said the last couple of years the platform has gotten so awesome, i have next to 0 interest on consoles anymore
So "Tactics" like games than (what I personally call them due to FF tactics, Dynasty tactics, and a few others putting it in my head that, that type of game is a "tactics" game).
Those are mostly on consoles/Handhelds yeah (though there have been little in the way of them these last many years). Blame RTSs I suppose, or more specifically the people who don't give such games a chance due to their turn based nature.

Funny that this has come up as I'm currently playing such a game in Natural Doctrine which is on everything Sony pretty much. Has a reputation for being extremely difficult to the point its been compared to Dark Souls...which I suppose is somewhat accurate as once you get the game down like I have it becomes extremely easy like with Dark Souls.

Not the first Japanese success friend, and let us not forget this is Sega who have yet to do the simple (well as simple as it gets) of bringing over Yakuza 5 yet. Though I've heard there has been rumblings of Atlus apparently planning on doing it.

madster11 said:
Really? You're asking about the legality of emulating the PSP, when the PSP is the automatic go-to device for portable emulation of PS1 and earlier consoles? The device that had an update every week to try and prevent the piracy on the device, only to fail every single time with methods from simple software hacks to bloody special aftermarket batteries?

That console?

Not even sony could give less of a shit at this point
Excuse me? I was merely asking a question.
Secondly in your haste to go into some big spiel you made the blunder of not noticing he said he is emulating on the PC, not the PSP itself... so ultimately, your whole post is irrelevant as a response to me.

NuclearKangaroo

Feb 7, 2014
Dreiko said:
NuclearKangaroo said:
Rozalia1 said:
NuclearKangaroo said:
played 20 hours already, fantastic game, i was truthly missing out, tough i had no choice, i dont have a PS3
You know I have been meaning to ask...you're into JRPGs...yet are PC only...? Now in regards to old games I know the obvious implication and whatever I've talked about it enough, I'll not bring it up if you don't.
But in regards to what is actually legally available...the amount is tiny. Why would you inflict that on yourself?

Jrpgs are more about the story than the gameplay and VC definitely has a Jrpg story, the gameplay is just a strategy war thing that makes it stand out.

If you liked the story of this game you'll likely enjoy most Jrpgs.
the story is ok (tough it definitively has its moments but the anime feel is not for everyone), its the gameplay of most RPGs what usually turns me off

i mean ive played plenty, pokemon, skyrim, torchlight II, Dark Souls 2, FF12, etc

the only RPG that have truthly grabbed me are Fallout 3 and Persona 4, tough im trying to get back into DS2, is much less engaging than i expected it to be

SRPGs on the other hand, i dont think there has been any i havent enjoyed tough admitedly ive played very few

NuclearKangaroo

Feb 7, 2014
Rozalia1 said:
NuclearKangaroo said:

So "Tactics" like games than (what I personally call them due to FF tactics, Dynasty tactics, and a few others putting it in my head that, that type of game is a "tactics" game).
Those are mostly on consoles/Handhelds yeah (though there have been little in the way of them these last many years). Blame RTSs I suppose, or more specifically the people who don't give such games a chance due to their turn based nature.

Funny that this has come up as I'm currently playing such a game in Natural Doctrine which is on everything Sony pretty much. Has a reputation for being extremely difficult to the point its been compared to Dark Souls...which I suppose is somewhat accurate as once you get the game down like I have it becomes extremely easy like with Dark Souls.

Not the first Japanese success friend, and let us not forget this is Sega who have yet to do the simple (well as simple as it gets) of bringing over Yakuza 5 yet. Though I've heard there has been rumblings of Atlus apparently planning on doing it.
not tactics, strategy in general, 4X, RTS, Turn Based, and since SRPG are a Sub Genre of strategy i enjoy them too

im conficent we are going to see more and more japanese SRPGs on PC, if the sales of VC managed to surpass SEGAs expectations, particulary after the game arrives 6 years late to the platforms and competes directly with both CoD and Assasin Creed AND STILL managed to beat them both for a while, it speaks a lot of the kind of demand for this genre on PC, a demand many japanese devs could exploit

is actually painfully obvious, the answer to making niche games more profitable, just port that shit to every single platform, hell this worked for XCOM, another great SRPG. i wonder if it would be viable for SEGA to port the franchise to mobile phones as well, i bet they could do that atleast with the sequels

Rozalia1

Mar 1, 2014
NuclearKangaroo said:
not tactics, strategy in general, 4X, RTS, Turn Based, and since SRPG are a Sub Genre of strategy i enjoy them too

im conficent we are going to see more and more japanese SRPGs on PC, if the sales of VC managed to surpass SEGAs expectations, particulary after the game arrives 6 years late to the platforms and competes directly with both CoD and Assasin Creed AND STILL managed to beat them both for a while, it speaks a lot of the kind of demand for this genre on PC, a demand many japanese devs could exploit

is actually painfully obvious, the answer to making niche games more profitable, just port that shit to every single platform, hell this worked for XCOM, another great SRPG. i wonder if it would be viable for SEGA to port the franchise to mobile phones as well, i bet they could do that atleast with the sequels
"Iconic" game at a heavily reduced price. People in business aren't idiots, if this was a full priced new IP without the "hype" that VC has behind it than yeah it'd be something to take note indeed... but as is? Not really.

... Not quite, you port if the money and time you spend is worth it. That is not always the case.
Secondly once again this is Sega we're talking about who do large amounts of Nintendo or Sony exclusives, nothing has been shown that will be changing.

This isn't a new development, I've for years been hearing that as PC got X than the flood gates are going to open... never once been accurate...which I don't really need to state as if it were we'd not be having this discussion.

NuclearKangaroo

Feb 7, 2014
Rozalia1 said:
NuclearKangaroo said:

"Iconic" game at a heavily reduced price. People in business aren't idiots, if this was a full priced new IP without the "hype" that VC has behind it than yeah it'd be something to take note indeed... but as is? Not really.

... Not quite, you port if the money and time you spend is worth it. That is not always the case.
Secondly once again this is Sega we're talking about who do large amounts of Nintendo or Sony exclusives, nothing has been shown that will be changing.

This isn't a new development, I've for years been hearing that as PC got X than the flood gates are going to open... never once been accurate...which I don't really need to state as if it were we'd not be having this discussion.
you keep saying that, and yet for the first time in like a decade PC is getting an MGS game, FF games keep getting ported, not to mention more obscure japanese stuff like dynasty warriors, Ys, etc. not to mention all those niche japanese games that get no console release only a PC release, such as half minute hero 2, trails in the sky (and the sequel), recettear, etc

also id like to know in which universe a niche game outselling 2 of the biggest franchises in gaming is not noteworthly

you are back with your PC bashing, is like no matter the news you simply wont accept PC is doing exceptionally well at the moment

sataricon

Oct 7, 2014
Ticklefist said:
VC outsold AC for a sliver of time and gets an article. Divinity: Original Sin topped the charts for two months and nobody said a word.
Thought thief....i was about to say the same thing.

It's funny that D:OS never got the same coverage and the game is one of the best RPGs i've ever played and i've played a lot....and i mean a lot of RPGs.

Now on the thing here i'm hoping that this is another good point for PC and maybe the other may follow to end this exclusive BS.
Bring all games to all platforms and let people decide at which platform they wanna play it.

Which reminds me i need to buy Valkyria chronicles.

Rozalia1

Mar 1, 2014
NuclearKangaroo said:
you keep saying that, and yet for the first time in like a decade PC is getting an MGS game, FF games keep getting ported, not to mention more obscure japanese stuff like dynasty warriors, Ys, etc. not to mention all those niche japanese games that get no console release only a PC release, such as half minute hero 2, trails in the sky (and the sequel), recettear, etc

also id like to know in which universe a niche game outselling 2 of the biggest franchises in gaming is not noteworthly

you are back with your PC bashing, is like no matter the news you simply wont accept PC is doing exceptionally well at the moment
Oh trust me I've heard the FF line enough times, every bloody time a new one is put on steam I get to endure bloody "finally PC will have JRPGs" threads. It wasn't the case than, isn't now.
Dynasty Warriors obscure? What? Half minute hero and trails in the sky are not PC exclusives and I have no idea where you're getting that from. Maybe that small list full of mostly old JRPGs you showed me before maybe.

For a short amount of time against a company who is being crapped on for the time being for obvious reasons. Unity is full price, has a crap ton wrong with it, and is still doing better than VC so what may I ask does what you're stating prove?

What is it with you? I tell you that the PC is nowhere near the platform for JRPGs like you love to make out, and you translate it every bloody time into your pointless platform wars narrative. PC isn't fact.
We aren't talking specs, or affordability, or any of that other garbage that will get talked about forever till the end of time (best Star Ocean by the way). Its a simple matter of facts, and your assertion is incorrect full stop. It'd be like me trying to argue that the RTS genre is coming alive/is better on the Wii U...utter bloody lunacy.

I get you want to promote your "side" (you attempted to hit me with that attack so its fair game now), but if so than please do it like everybody else. Talk specs, PCmasterace, regurgitated TB/insert whoever you mark for's quotes, and the other common stuff. Please don't try to mislead people with JRPGs of all things.
I play JRPGs, a lot of them across the handhelds and consoles... I know full well what is out there and isn't.

Heck I just went through my owned last gen Sony JRPG list (this isn't including Nintendo because I'd have to get off my computer to count them, and I don't need to do that as it isn't necessary, nor the PSP as I'd have to do the same). I counted 20 exclusives (6 unopened which I counted through Amazon), 8 where it had a 360 version, and 5 which later got PC ports (VC, Dark Souls 1 + 2, FF13 + FF13-2). 5 out of 32 discounting Nintendo (which may I add are all exclusives), some presence the genre has on PC on my list.
However it doesn't stop there because I know of a lot more JRPGs that I own...and well if it was like you said than I'd not be making this statement now would I as I'd be wrong... but I am as I'm safe in my knowledge.

My problem isn't games coming to PC, its your misleading talk that the PC is now totally a lightning rod for JRPGs when it simply isn't. You're apparently not even a "JRPG guy" so why you keep making these statements about a genre that has loads of games you've never played, know of, or would want to know...makes all this very odd.

SquallTheBlade

May 25, 2011
Rozalia1 said:
SquallTheBlade said:
Are you kidding? People DO buy games for PC to run them better. I do that too. I got into Assassins Creed by playing them first on console. After I got a decent GPU I bought them for PC so I could run them even better. I recently started emulating all my PSP games so I can play them in sweet sweet 1080p(PSP really has nice graphics but the resolution of the display doesn't do them justice). I was also planning to buy FF13 trilogy when they all are released on steam but then I heard that the graphic options aren't great so they are on hold for now. I'll have to see if they patch it or if modders can do something about it. I also bought Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy X HD remakes because I wanted to play them on higher resolution.

Is higher resolution/fps necessary? No. Does it enhance the experience when you play? Of course and thats why "HD remakes" or ports are something I'm interested in.
May I ask how you're legally emulating the PSP? Don't misunderstand now, just checking that people are being responsible.

As for the rest... what trifles people let affect their life. Oh I really want to play X game, its so awesome, been waiting ages...wait 720? Screw that than, games garbage.
I'm only emulating games that I own physically. And it's not about saying that the game is garbage if it's lower resolution but higher is always better. Why would I buy let's say.. FF13 again for PC if I couldn't run it better than I did on PS3?

Here are some comparisons for PSP emulation. See how higher resolution makes the game look much much better?

Rozalia1

Mar 1, 2014
SquallTheBlade said:
I'm only emulating games that I own physically. And it's not about saying that the game is garbage if it's lower resolution but higher is always better. Why would I buy let's say.. FF13 again for PC if I couldn't run it better than I did on PS3?

Here are some comparisons for PSP emulation. See how higher resolution makes the game look much much better?
Well that is totally the wrong answer (common misconception on your part), and confirms what I thought. Though I won't push it.

Why would you buy Final Fantasy 13 on the PC? Well if you didn't have a PS3, or never got round to playing it than there you... however that isn't what you asked I know. Why would you buy FF13 a second time on PC if it can't run better? Well firstly I'm pretty sure I heard they'd already knocked/are knocking something about, and secondly... even with improved resolution why would you buy it a second time? Hardly a classic title. Hardly an old title. Hardly a sort out one (considered one of the worst FFs ever).

Like for example I have the DMC collection, but that is because those games are damn good and I no longer actually own DMC2 & 3. FF13 with me having owned and platinumed it (meaning I got more hours than most out of it) I'd not buy again...and I say that as one of the relatively few people not to hate on the game for whatever reason. Heck I liked Hope in FF13 (13-2 seems to really have improved people's view on the guy), so that tells you how kind people see me as being to FF13.

??? Why are you treating me like I don't know what resolution is? You can get a PSP game running better on your PC, shocker.

SquallTheBlade

May 25, 2011
Rozalia1 said:
even with improved resolution why would you buy it a second time? Hardly a classic title. Hardly an old title. Hardly a sort out one (considered one of the worst FFs ever).
Because I liked FF13 and I consider a improved resolution reason enough to play the game again.

Rozalia1 said:
??? Why are you treating me like I don't know what resolution is? You can get a PSP game running better on your PC, shocker.
I'm not. I just wanted to give an example why I want to replay games with higher resolution.

GabeZhul

Mar 8, 2012
erttheking said:
I don't know. I feel like my friend and I got a lot further than five hours in. We're in that concentration camp getting help from the guy who only has one eye 90% of the time, then it opens for some reason. And honestly the moment where he seriously threw Rosie's racism into question by using the simplistic argument of "You like music and music is different, you wouldn't hate all music because you didn't like one would you?" made me want to groan at the top of my lungs. People's hatreds are not thrown into question that easily.
You know, when you first commented on this game and called it "too cutesy" two pages ago, I almost wrote a long-ass reply mainly concerning "juxtaposition" and "judging a book by its cover", but I didn't have the time to finish it.

Now, a day later and about seven hours in the game, I have to grudgingly agree with you. The game is fantastic, the gameplay is great, the interface and the graphic style is phenomenal, the actual plot is pretty damn good... but the dialog is chock full of narmy lines no sane human being would say even in most dumb gag-series (Welkin is especially guilty of this) and the juxtaposition doesn't work because the entire thing is unbalanced by the ridiculous amount of silly comedy, leading to the drama just floating around without any impact. I still adore the game, but damn, some of the storyline-chapters just whack me out of my immersion like a narm-propelled sledgehammer...

So yeah, in a sense the game is a bit too cutesy, though I also have to wonder just how much of it is inherent and how much is because of the translation (and make no mistake, this thing is pretty mangled on that front...)

NuclearKangaroo

Feb 7, 2014
Rozalia1 said:
Oh trust me I've heard the FF line enough times, every bloody time a new one is put on steam I get to endure bloody "finally PC will have JRPGs" threads. It wasn't the case than, isn't now.
Dynasty Warriors obscure? What? Half minute hero and trails in the sky are not PC exclusives and I have no idea where you're getting that from. Maybe that small list full of mostly old JRPGs you showed me before maybe.
and yet the PC japanese games collection keeps getting bigger and bigger, if that wasnt the case why SEGA considered PC first as their platform to port VC instead of say, the WiiU, the Xbox 360, the Xbox One or the PS4?

considering half-mite hero 2 PC release is the ONLY way to get the game on the west, traisl in the sky has no console release (only a handheld one) and the sequel to trails in the sky is making its debut on the west on both PC and the PSP next year, yes i feel its important to mention those games, i never said they were PC exclusives, only that they didnt get a console release, which of course brings the following implication:

there are now many instances of japanese devs being more interested on PC than on consoles

Rozalia1 said:
For a short amount of time against a company who is being crapped on for the time being for obvious reasons. Unity is full price, has a crap ton wrong with it, and is still doing better than VC so what may I ask does what you're stating prove?
ok, imagine, if you will

a console port of legend of grimrock outselling the newest battlefield game on consoles on release day

being crapped on has rarely stoppped companies like EA, Activision and Ubisoft from making, cash, the mental gymnastics you are trying to perform to undermine VC's achivement are actually quite impressive, lets me just finish with this

SEGA does think its impressive

Rozalia1 said:
What is it with you? I tell you that the PC is nowhere near the platform for JRPGs like you love to make out, and you translate it every bloody time into your pointless platform wars narrative. PC isn't fact.
We aren't talking specs, or affordability, or any of that other garbage that will get talked about forever till the end of time (best Star Ocean by the way). Its a simple matter of facts, and your assertion is incorrect full stop. It'd be like me trying to argue that the RTS genre is coming alive/is better on the Wii U...utter bloody lunacy.
when you are trying to argue VC outselling both assasin's creed and CoD isnt impressive, you are being completely irrational

and like it or not, PC IS getting a load of JRPGs and japanese games in general, and theres no reason to think the flow of those games wont keep increasing

Rozalia1 said:
I get you want to promote your "side" (you attempted to hit me with that attack so its fair game now), but if so than please do it like everybody else. Talk specs, PCmasterace, regurgitated TB/insert whoever you mark for's quotes, and the other common stuff. Please don't try to mislead people with JRPGs of all things.
I play JRPGs, a lot of them across the handhelds and consoles... I know full well what is out there and isn't.

Heck I just went through my owned last gen Sony JRPG list (this isn't including Nintendo because I'd have to get off my computer to count them, and I don't need to do that as it isn't necessary, nor the PSP as I'd have to do the same). I counted 20 exclusives (6 unopened which I counted through Amazon), 8 where it had a 360 version, and 5 which later got PC ports (VC, Dark Souls 1 + 2, FF13 + FF13-2). 5 out of 32 discounting Nintendo (which may I add are all exclusives), some presence the genre has on PC on my list.
However it doesn't stop there because I know of a lot more JRPGs that I own...and well if it was like you said than I'd not be making this statement now would I as I'd be wrong... but I am as I'm safe in my knowledge.

My problem isn't games coming to PC, its your misleading talk that the PC is now totally a lightning rod for JRPGs when it simply isn't. You're apparently not even a "JRPG guy" so why you keep making these statements about a genre that has loads of games you've never played, know of, or would want to know...makes all this very odd.
because now trying to argue a niche game outselling multi million dollar franchises IS impressive is being a PC fanboy, yeah sure

when you try your damn best to ignore this fact, you only come off as some sort of PC hater, well, this and countless other comments youve made on this site, everybody knows what your deal is already, no matter what the news is, you always try to spin it into either "well this actually means PC is bad" or "is not that impressive"

Rozalia1

Mar 1, 2014
NuclearKangaroo said:
and yet the PC japanese games collection keeps getting bigger and bigger, if that wasnt the case why SEGA considered PC first as their platform to port VC instead of say, the WiiU, the Xbox 360, the Xbox One or the PS4?

considering half-mite hero 2 PC release is the ONLY way to get the game on the west, traisl in the sky has no console release (only a handheld one) and the sequel to trails in the sky is making its debut on the west on both PC and the PSP next year, yes i feel its important to mention those games, i never said they were PC exclusives, only that they didnt get a console release, which of course brings the following implication:

there are now many instances of japanese devs being more interested on PC than on consoles
And I've heard it said that FF7 coming to Steam meant exactly what you're saying. It didn't and this won't.

Just being unfair there. Both games have a handheld release and you're discounting them just because...well clearly you don't seem to have better examples (oh and Trails got a world wide digital release so you can get it over here in English no problem). You actually lack an actual PC exclusive so are bringing up these fake ones, am I suppose to take that seriously? Its a bad joke.

Yeah and all of them hentai, and even than you ain't going to see them on Steam.

NuclearKangaroo said:
ok, imagine, if you will

a console port of legend of grimrock outselling the newest battlefield game on consoles on release day

being crapped on has rarely stoppped companies like EA, Activision and Ubisoft from making, cash, the mental gymnastics you are trying to perform to undermine VC's achivement are actually quite impressive, lets me just finish with this
What are you on about? I'm the one performing mental gymnastics?
Let us see:

1: It was for a short amount of time.
2: They are counting a single platform (PC), not including consoles like your battlefield example does.
3: PC is where companies like Ubisoft do worst.
4: Unity has massive problems.
5: VC has years of hype, and longing to be played by people who never bothered to get a PS3.

You keep making it out like VC on one platform outsold Unity across all which no is not the case. Otherwise why would you bring up that ridiculous example?

NuclearKangaroo said:
when you are trying to argue VC outselling both assasin's creed and CoD isnt impressive, you are being completely irrational

and like it or not, PC IS getting a load of JRPGs and japanese games in general, and theres no reason to think the flow of those games wont keep increasing
Lets quote http://www.vgchartz.com/article/252153/call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-sells-75-million-units-first-week-worldwide/

"The PlayStation 4 version of Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare was by far the most popular with sales of 3.05 million units. The Xbox One was the second biggest platform with sales of 2.06 million units. Sales for the last generation of consoles has declined for another year. The Xbox 360 version sold 1.22 million units, while the PlayStation 3 version sold 1.09 million units. The PC lagged behind with just 94,480 units sold".

But its Vgchartz so I'm sure you'll tell me they misplaced some 5 million sales on PC, hopefully you'll have evidence to state such a claim. Basically outselling big games like that on the PC while a point pushed heavily by some people is ultimately meaningless.

A meager amount. You yourself have admitted you don't follow JRPGs, I do mate...but lets see the recent games (this year), and I'm even being charitable and removing the games that either only released in Japan, or have yet to come out. Note that out of all those games the only one coming to PC is Lightning Returns.

So lets begin:

Not on PC:

Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten
Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited
Tales of Xillia 2
Fairy Fencer F
Ar nosurge: Ode to an Unborn Star
Ar Nosurge Plus
Natural Doctrine
Harvest Moon: The Lost Valley
Tales of the World: Reve Unitia
Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth
Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars
Mind Zero
Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster
Demon Gaze
Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Great Curry God
Atelier Rorona Plus: The Alchemist of Arland
Atelier Escha & Logy: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky
Tales of Symphonia Chronicles
Mugen Souls Z

On PC:

Valkyria Chronicles
Final Fantasy IV
Dragon Quest X
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky (not a "PC exclusive" like you've stated)
Half-Minute Hero: The Second Coming

So two re-releases, an MMO, something you've tried to use (and are incorrect), and heck I'll even be nice and let you have Hero 2 because why would I care my point stays just as solid. Clearly the PC is font of JRPGs, just look at that 1 "exclusive" if I let you have it.

By the way there was Pier Solar and the Great Architects which I'm unsure if it counts or not as I don't think the company is Eastern (though the game apparently is in style). Its got releases on PC...current gen...last gen...and the Dreamcast and Sega Genesis. Worth checking for the novelty.

NuclearKangaroo said:
because now trying to argue a niche game outselling multi million dollar franchises IS impressive is being a PC fanboy, yeah sure

when you try your damn best to ignore this fact, you only come off as some sort of PC hater, well, this and countless other comments youve made on this site, everybody knows what your deal is already, no matter what the news is, you always try to spin it into either "well this actually means PC is bad" or "is not that impressive"
Addressed the sales thing above.

Stating that you're wrong doesn't make me a PC hater. Look at the list above, you're wrong plain and simple heck not merely wrong, but hilariously so. People laugh at such levels of overkill.
Now please stop trying to hide behind the "feuds" I've had with others here to get away from the simple fact you're wrong. I could be every thing you think of me, and it'd still not make you correct as this isn't a matter of opinion, but facts.

Sep 14, 2009
Rozalia1 said:
Lets quote http://www.vgchartz.com/article/252153/call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-sells-75-million-units-first-week-worldwide/

"The PlayStation 4 version of Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare was by far the most popular with sales of 3.05 million units. The Xbox One was the second biggest platform with sales of 2.06 million units. Sales for the last generation of consoles has declined for another year. The Xbox 360 version sold 1.22 million units, while the PlayStation 3 version sold 1.09 million units. The PC lagged behind with just 94,480 units sold".

But its Vgchartz so I'm sure you'll tell me they misplaced some 5 million sales on PC, hopefully you'll have evidence to state such a claim. Basically outselling big games like that on the PC while a point pushed heavily by some people is ultimately meaningless.
now I don't want to get inbetween your argument, but this is a bit...dishonest, or biased at least, to quote vgchartz when comparing console and pc's sales, as they don't include digital sales...Which on the pc, digital sales pretty much dominate absurdly over physical sales.

http://www.pcr-online.biz/news/read/digital-sales-make-up-92-of-global-game-revenues/034551

Therefore trying to use vgchartz for any sort of accuracy in that regard is absurd, I could've told you that even without that source.

NuclearKangaroo

Feb 7, 2014
Rozalia1 said:
And I've heard it said that FF7 coming to Steam meant exactly what you're saying. It didn't and this won't.
"it didnt"

fast foward to this year, and we got half minute hero 2, FF3, FF4, FF13, FF13-2, Trails in the Sky and Valkyria Chronicles

Rozalia1 said:
Just being unfair there. Both games have a handheld release and you're discounting them just because...well clearly you don't seem to have better examples. You actually lack an actual PC exclusive so are bringing up these fake ones, am I suppose to take that seriously? Its a bad joke.
why would i include them? arent we discussing home consoles, if you are talking about handhelds sure, they have more JRPGs by a large margin, handhelds are extremely popular in japan

Rozalia1 said:
Yeah and all of them hentai, and even than you ain't going to see them on Steam.
the hell are you talking about?

Rozalia1 said:
NuclearKangaroo said:
ok, imagine, if you will

What are you on about? I'm the one performing mental gymnastics?
Let us see:

1: It was for a short amount of time.
2: They are counting a single platform (PC), not including consoles like your battlefield example does.
3: PC is where companies like Ubisoft do worst.
4: Unity has massive problems.
5: VC has years of hype, and longing to be played by people who never bothered to get a PS3.

You keep making it out like VC on one platform outsold Unity across all which no is not the case. Otherwise why would you bring up that ridiculous example?
"You keep making it out like VC on one platform outsold Unity across all which no is not the case. "

no, YOU are putting words in my mouth, try reading the thread name

"Six Year Old JRPG Beats Assassins Creed Unity in Steam Charts"

Rozalia1 said:
NuclearKangaroo said:

haha sure did we suddently forget steam has over 100 million active users? in what universe topping the charts in such platform is not impressive, but hell forget assasin's creed and cod, theres still five nights at freddies and the binding of issac rebirth, both HUGE game on PC, no matter how you look at it VC topping the charts is impressive, deal with it

Rozalia1 said:
A meager amount. You yourself have admitted you don't follow JRPGs, I do mate...but lets see the recent games (this year), and I'm even being charitable and removing the games that either only released in Japan, or have yet to come out. Note that out of all those games the only one coming to PC is Lightning Returns.

So lets begin:

Not on PC:

Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten (2011)(PS3)
Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited (2014)(PSVita)
Tales of Xillia 2 (2014)(PS3)
Fairy Fencer F (2014)(PS3)
Ar nosurge: Ode to an Unborn Star (2014)(PS3)
Ar Nosurge Plus (2014)(PSVita)
Natural Doctrine (2014)(PSVita)(PS4)
Harvest Moon: The Lost Valley (2014)(3DS)
Tales of the World: Reve Unitia (2014)(3DS)
Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth (2014)(3DS)
Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars (2014)(PSVita)(3DS)
Mind Zero (2014)(PSVita)(PC port confirmed http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=309930148)
Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster (2014)(PSVita)(PS3)
Demon Gaze (2014)(PSVita)
Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Great Curry God (2013)(PSVita)
Atelier Rorona Plus: The Alchemist of Arland (2014)(PSVita)(PS3)
Atelier Escha & Logy: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky (2014)(PS3)
Tales of Symphonia Chronicles (2014)(PS3)
Mugen Souls Z (2014)(PS3)

On PC:

Final Fantasy IV
Dragon Quest X
Half-Minute Hero: The Second Coming.

So a re-release, an MMO, and heck I'll even be nice and let you have Hero 2 because why would I care my point stays just as solid. Clearly the PC is font of JRPGs.
so let me see, you use a list that combines the releases of 4 DIFFERENT PLATFORMS, with 2 games not released on 2014, some not localized, and many, MANY of them with poor critical reception, to attack my argument? good job

not to mention you ignore FF3, FF13, FF13-2, Valkyria Chronicles (what was this thread about again?), also you belittle those PC releases for being re-releses, yetmore than one title on your list is a re-release

lets apply the exact same rules you used to make this list to PC, namely, re-releases, multiplatform and games with poor critical reception count

overall each platforms hold the following number of JRPGs this year

PSVITA: 9
PS3: 9
PC: 7
3DS: 4
PS4: 1

PC isnt exactly lagging too far behind is it? specially when im ignoring 1 PS3 game and 1 Vita on your list werent released this year

Rozalia1 said:
NuclearKangaroo said:

Addressed the sales thing above.

Stating that you're wrong doesn't make me a PC hater. Look at the list above, you're wrong plain and simple heck not merely wrong, but hilariously so. People laugh at such levels of overkill.
Now please stop trying to hide behind the "feuds" I've had with others here to get away from the simple fact you're wrong. I could be every thing you think of me, and it'd still not make you correct as this isn't a matter of opinion, but facts.
even if you fail to acknowledge those game still sell truckloads on PC, the game is still topping the biggest gaming platform on earth and outselling popular PC games

and like i said, that list is HORRIBLY biased

Rozalia1

Mar 1, 2014
NuclearKangaroo said:
"it didnt"

fast foward to this year, and we got half minute hero 2, FF3, FF4, FF13, FF13-2, Trails in the Sky and Valkyria Chronicles
... ... ... I'm sorry what? Why do you believe that is a counterpoint in any way?

NuclearKangaroo said:
why would i include them? arent we discussing home consoles, if you are talking about handhelds sure, they have more JRPGs by a large margin, handhelds are extremely popular in japan
So you're narrowing down the platforms to try and help yourself. Won't work even if I were to let you.

NuclearKangaroo said:
the hell are you talking about?
Well... though are the most numerous types of games from Japan on the PC.

NuclearKangaroo said:
"You keep making it out like VC on one platform outsold Unity across all which no is not the case. "

no, YOU are putting words in my mouth, try reading the thread name

"Six Year Old JRPG Beats Assassins Creed Unity in Steam Charts"
Than why bloody hell would you follow up with trying to make me answer a question on Grimlock outselling battlefield on consoles? The difference between outselling a big title on PC, and on consoles is a staggering difference.

NuclearKangaroo said:
haha sure did we suddently forget steam has over 100 million active users? in what universe topping the charts in such platform is not impressive, but hell forget assasin's creed and cod, theres still five nights at freddies and the binding of issac rebirth, both HUGE game on PC, no matter how you look at it VC topping the charts is impressive, deal with it
What does that have to do with anything. You addressed none of the 5 points I sent your way, instead pulling a #Dealwithit (can I expect a #Suckmyballs too if you're going to be like Batista about it?).
Not even a need to address the two games you've brought up its really quite irrelevant.

NuclearKangaroo said:
so let me see, you use a list that combines the releases of 4 DIFFERENT PLATFORMS, with 2 games not released on 2014, some not localized, and many, MANY of them with poor critical reception, to attack my argument? good job

not to mention you ignore FF3, FF13, FF13-2, Valkyria Chronicles (what was this thread about again?), not to mention you belittle those PC releases for being re-releses, yetmore than one title on your list is a re-release
... No. I told you I only used games which have been brought over (no Japan exclusives), secondly yeah I made a mistake with A Promise Revisited as I forgot A Promise Revisited was the 2014 version. Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Great Curry God is 2014 for Europe so yes it did release this year. As for poor critical reception...what? What does that matter exactly? They are JRPGs which is what I'm listing.

Nice job but you should really go over my post again after you posted because Valkyria Chronicles. FF3 and FF13 are genuine misses on my part, but FF13-2 has yet to release. I said this year, but I discounted all those that have yet to release which I made quite clear at the top of the list before you accuse me of any trickery.
Also those re-releases you're talking about have exclusive content and are listed as separate titles in technicality.

NuclearKangaroo said:
even if you fail to acknowledge those game still sell truckloads on PC, the game is still topping the biggest gaming platform on earth and outselling popular PC games

and like i said, that list is HORRIBLY biased
... Truckloads... don't think that means what you think.
Still topping? You saying its still at the top...? No it isn't.

No it isn't, its actually very charitable as I didn't include games exclusive to Japan, or games that will release this year (PC has like 1, PS3 alone has like half a dozen which are exclusives to boot).