Skryrim: Random Facts,Questions, and Help.

Walkchalk

Nov 9, 2009
Does anyone know how to become the Thane of Morthal? The Jarl told me to complete 3 tasks but I can only seem to find two.

Also something I noticed. Use a shout in every town you find. Pretty often a courier will show up with a message from a "friend" from that town that gives you the location of a new word.

Lil_Rimmy

Mar 19, 2011
Witty Name Here said:
I'm trying to find that one lady in the temple of Mara that will sell me a trinket that'll allow me to marry people... It's been pretty difficult so far.
Go to the temple in Riften, I think. If you haven't been there before, go to the Inn, Bee and Barb or something. Then will be some dude in orange preaching in there, and if you ask him, he is from the temple of Mara. If you have already been inside the Inn, he should be in the temple. 200 gold for the necklace, and then wear it and talk to someone who is your friend (Someone who you can ask to follow you)

They will say something like "HOT HOT HOT" and you will be like "Mubcrabs, nasty creatures" and then you skip off to the temple, get married, get bored and murder your loved one.

At least that's how it happened for me and my giant Nord with a bigger sword!.... I felt threatened.... My quest is to get a bigger sword than her....

Hey chicka bump bump!

EDIT:

Walkchalk said:
Also something I noticed. Use a shout in every town you find. Pretty often a courier will show up with a message from a "friend" from that town that gives you the location of a new word.
Yeah, that happened to me. I used the whirlwind thingy in the Sleeping Giant Inn and THE MOMENT I steped out the door (Which was right away, I was trying to use whirlwind shout and go through a door at the same time, a courior said, "Hi! Hi! Here's a letter! Don't know who it's from! Bye!"

I was like.... wtf?

artanis_neravar

Apr 18, 2011
Walkchalk said:
Does anyone know how to become the Thane of Morthal? The Jarl told me to complete 3 tasks but I can only seem to find two.

I haven't done them all, but there is the deliver the letter one, the burned house one and the dragon one. Also do you mean every town or every major town like the nine major cities?

Lil_Rimmy

Mar 19, 2011
Oh, I just remembered.

At the stables in Markath? Can't remember how to spell it.

Anyway, at the stables, there is a dude called Banning. If you speak to him, you can buy a...

Wait for it....
Wait for it....
Wait for it!!!!

WAR DOG!!!!!!!

Yup, a war dog called Vigilance!

I like taking him to the Bannered Mare, sitting down, getting a meal, while he lays next to the fire and rolls around.

Then I like telling him to rip off that Mudcrabs claws.

Nasty Creatures.

EDIT:

....But! There is one they fear! In their tongue, he is Dovadog..... DRAGONHOUND!

*Epic music plays http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBSiIeu1Yg8 *

This is the dogs theme song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qera4rz1peY&feature=related

Ranorak

Tamer of the Coffee mug!
Feb 17, 2010
Here's a question.

In Oblivion, Fallout 3 and New Vegas, you could pick up items and carry them to replace them.
Not going to your inventory but just float in front of you.

How do you do that on the Xbox360 version?

Can't seem to find the button.

Lil_Rimmy

Mar 19, 2011
Hold down the pick up button.

For PC it is E, don't know for consoles.

But, yeah, hold it down, then it should be able to lift and move.

By the way...

Put buckets on everyone's head... then steal.

They can't see you.

I shat my self laughing

Ranorak

Tamer of the Coffee mug!
Feb 17, 2010
Lil_Rimmy said:

By the way...

They can't see you.

I shat my self laughing
Thanks, will try that first thing in the morning.
23:32 here now.

Lil_Rimmy

Mar 19, 2011
Ranorak said:
Lil_Rimmy said:

By the way...

They can't see you.

I shat my self laughing
Thanks, will try that first thing in the morning.
23:32 here now.
No worries mate...

Just...

Do the bucket thing. I carry a bucket around, named Dovabucket.

He is my stealing partner.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Loop Stricken said:
Ordinaryundone said:
craftomega said:
Questions.
How do you run faster : Jump Higher?
I'm not sure about jumping higher, but you can run faster by not wearing armor or having weapons equipped.
... or getting the armour perks to remove that drawback.

By light flicker, do you mean the whole 'eyes adjusting to sharp contrasts between light and dark like REAL eyes'? Because that CAN be a wee bit annoying after I'm trying to find where the dragon's flew off to after he's done roasting my face with fire.
I loved that feature. It took me by surprise when my character inspected the scene of a dragon attack and (when walking up to the fire) became night-blind. Very impressive.

Walkchalk

Nov 9, 2009
artanis_neravar said:
Walkchalk said:

I haven't done them all, but there is the deliver the letter one, the burned house one and the dragon one. Also do you mean every town or every major town like the nine major cities?
Huh, I havent found one to deliver a letter. I suppose my search continues.

Well the couriers tend to find me in the Thanes but I think all my letters have been from the smaller towns like Ivarstead and such.

Lil_Rimmy

Mar 19, 2011
Look above, already answered, anyway.

Hold the pick up button. It's E on PC's. Dunno about consoles.

Also....

Always carry a bucket.

But! There is one they fear... in their tongue, it is Dovabucket...

DRAGONWOOD!

ThatLankyBastard

Aug 18, 2010
How do you buy a house? I can't figure it out...

FACT: Frost Trollz are Internet Trollz... they're just there to come in, piss you off, and fuck your shit up!

Also: Beware of Folgunther! While doing the Forbidden Legend quest I was trapped in there and had to restart the game (gate was glitched and wouldn't open and I had to save files outside Folgunther)...

Moral of the Story- Do manual saves every once and a while so you don't get Enraged...

Lil_Rimmy

Mar 19, 2011
ThatLankyBastard said:
How do you buy a house? I can't figure it out...
Make friends with the Jarl, do a bunch of quests for him, then talk to his advisor, or him, and buy the house.

Then you can purchase things for your house.

And no, you can't store everything in every little box and crate you find, like Oblivion.

artanis_neravar

Apr 18, 2011
Walkchalk said:
artanis_neravar said:
Walkchalk said:

Huh, I havent found one to deliver a letter. I suppose my search continues.

Well the couriers tend to find me in the Thanes but I think all my letters have been from the smaller towns like Ivarstead and such.
Yeah the girl (something the young) who hangs around the potion shops asks you to. And thats good to know thanks

godofallu

Jun 8, 2010
Anyone know where I can find a destruction trainer/shop, aside from the person in the college in winterhold? That person died and now I can't find a new trainer/shop with high level destruction spells.

craftomega

May 4, 2011
godofallu said:
Anyone know where I can find a destruction trainer/shop, aside from the person in the college in winterhold? That person died and now I can't find a new trainer/shop with high level destruction spells.
Court mage: Winterun. He has a crap-ton-O-spells.

Robert Ewing

Mar 2, 2011
craftomega said:
Facts.
HOLD E ON OBJECTS TO MOVE THEM!!!!. It took me 17 hours of game play to figure this out.
Magic is still OP.
Objects dont float an inch above other objects.
If you piss of giants you get a free flight.
HOT KEYS!!!! HOT KEYS!!! Add an item to favourites, open favorates, highlight and press a number.

Questions.
How do you run faster : Jump Higher?

Help.
Do you have that really annoying lighting flicker? Is so go into your Documents/My Games/Skyrim and edit SkyrimPrefs.ini and change fShadowBiasScale=2

Disabling mouse smoothing/acceleration: bMouseAcceleration=0

Fixing the vsync ?laggy mouse? problem: iPresentInterval=0

Is your game crashing randomly when you hit R Fear no more!
Blunderboy said:
Just select TESV.exe from the steam folder.
Linkage. [http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112556]
Thats all i got more are welcome!
Holding 'E' was so cryptic to find!
Magic is most definitely not OP player side. Everyone elses magic is.
Hell yeah, new physics
Giants have a 50% chance of being hostile, WHY
Thankyou for giving me the skills of hotkeys!

You cannot run faster, nor can you jump higher, unless you get armor weightless perks from my experience. But it's really unnoticeable.

Help: Want to regain some hours of sleep? Or level up your IRL social life In game!? Press the '#~', or the '`¬¦' key to bring up the console, and type 'qqq' without quotes! Viola!