Skyrim spawns a meme.

surg3n

May 16, 2011
They always over-do the conversations though. I mean, when was the last time you actually overheard a conversation, or made idle chit-chat with people in the street. It doesn't happen. Personally, I'd rather have them all keep quiet unless the player looks right at them, a more natural response.

NPC's are derp as hell though, I went into Breezehome yesterday, and got followed by this gimp who stood at my door and told me he didn't have time to talk... so I tried to encourage him into the cooking pit. I just think it'd be cool to have NPC's give you evil looks, maybe catch them staring at you, untrustworthy NPC's not giving eye contact, people talking about you shut up when you walk upto them. More subtlety, and less mindless chatter would make me happy. Inn's could do with a bit of work as well - like if you go into the same bar all the time, NPC's and the barman should remember you, maybe buy you a drink. Instead every Inn is exactly the same, food all over the place not being eaten, miserible git in the corner acting tough, annoying bard... and it should increase the rest bonus if you went out drinking the night before. I think it would be cool to have a local pub, instead of just another place to sell your worthless crap... maybe a couple more drunken side-quests would be fun as well.

gizunt

Nov 20, 2009
"Hearing about all these adventurers taking arrows to the knee almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter."
The dude who posted this (pendragon177) on the Kinect Skyrim video is a pure genius!

JoesshittyOs

Aug 10, 2011
Aulleas123 said:
Man, I was about to ignore this post, but then I took an arrow in the knee...

OT- it's nice to see an internet meme appear for once that I actually got to experience before it was an internet meme.
Yeah, I'm the same. I think the reason why I don't find it annoying is because I knew about it before it happened, and it spawned off of a game I love.

SirDeadly

Feb 22, 2009
Sparrow said:
I'm much more of a fan of the Fus Ro Dah meme. Hearing that then seeing real people get thrown great distances? That shit is just priceless.

For your viewing pleasure:

Why did I find this so funny?

I've only ever heard it a few times in the game. Mainly in Whiterun.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Volf99 said:
and thus that is how bronies came about.
Yeah, pretty much. Actually, Bronies are the reason I came to this realisation in the first place. It's just a convenience that it applies to "I was an X once...."

JupiterBase

Feb 4, 2010
I can see this being worked into the next game too, as some sort of side quest. I think Skyrim could use some sort of Veteran Affairs groups or something. Sure alotta of these wounded adventurers become guards but what about those beggars who have received no aid?

Easter Egg below.
The guards of Whiterun were gonna fish the body out from beneath the bridge into the Dragonreach, but they had all taken arrows in the knee.

Phenakist

Feb 25, 2009
I used to care about internet meme trends but then I took an arrow to the knee.

Just had too, definitely one of the funnier memes, cropping up these days though, and at that, I've no complaints.

everythingbeeps

Sep 30, 2011
So tired of memes. People basically force them now.
Sparrow said:
I'm much more of a fan of the Fus Ro Dah meme. Hearing that then seeing real people get thrown great distances? That shit is just priceless.

For your viewing pleasure:

Meh. This one's basically the same as that Star Wars one of Obi-Wan doing the force push.

Akimoto

Nov 22, 2011
"I took an arrow to the head, and I'm still adventuring."

That happens with the frost bullets from enemy mages too

Sewer Rat

Sep 14, 2008
I used to complain about my arrow to the knee, but then I took a mace to the face.

Honestly, I"m getting a little tired of it... Tis inescapable at this point.

Judgedread

Mar 1, 2009
Such a stupid meme/trend/whatever, but I did legitimately laugh at

'I used to make arrow jokes, but then I took a knee to the face.'

ThunderCavalier

Nov 21, 2009
I was going to make a comment about the "arrow in the knee" meme being everywhere, but then I took an arrow in the knee.

BoTTeNBReKeR

Oct 23, 2008
I saw a mudcrab the other day, he said: "Stop right there criminal scum!", but then he took an arrow to the knee.