Skyrim spawns a meme.

Cry Wolf

Oct 13, 2010
I was going to tell the meme scum to stop right there, but then I took an arrow in the knee.

Anyway, I like this one. I'm not quite sure why, but I do.

phantasmalWordsmith

Oct 5, 2010
I'm surprised that people are surprised it became a meme. Memes can come from god knows anywhere for whatever reason. I dunno why, maybe people are a bit less sane on the interenet than in public...

Or maybe I'm just crazy after taking an arrow to the knee

nbamaniac

Apr 29, 2011
Knees to yourself arrow thief!

My cousin is out there taking arrows to the knee and what do i get? Meme duty.

Maybe I'm really the arrow, maybe the knee just doesn't know it yet.

Yeah, I'm terrible at this. >.<

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
JupiterBase said:
How many of you have seen the comments on You Tube and here with people posting parodies of the guard in Skyrim comment: "I used to be an adventurer like you, then i took an arrow to the knee."
Moaning about Youtube comments is like trying to hold back the tide, when the tide is made of rabid idiocy and smells faintly of cheese. [sub]Thumbs up if you agree![/sub]

I've only occasionally posted actual replies to people simply because their stupidity so overwhelmed me! Someone was wrong on the Internet! I had to try and correct them![sub] Then I took an arrow to the knee.[/sub]

My husband Bersi, will be the death of me.
Another adventurer comer to lick my father's boots. Good job.
Come to Dragonsreach to discuss the ongoing hostilities, like the rest of the "great warriors"?

Face it, the arrow in the knee line is, by far, one of the least annoying lines to hear over and over again.

Jaythulhu

Jun 19, 2008
ChupathingyX said:
*snip*
Most video game memes tend to get really annoying, the Deus Ex and DE:HR ones, however, are still funny for some reason and one of very few that I don't find irritating.
Indeed. I still chuckle every time one of my Chimeras (Chimerae? Chimerii?) yells "Drive me closer, I want to hit it with my sword!" in DoW2.

Jun 11, 2008
I used to be annoyed by the meme then I took an arrow to the knee. Obvious dick move aside they did leave themselves open for it with every guard being an adventurer. I don't really like the meme myself as it one of the more boring and brainless ones and it doesn't take much to execute it. If people put a bit more thought into its use it would be better.

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
Rex Dark said:
Because people love to laugh at other people's misery.
ALso, TES guards tend to spawn memes...
"STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM!"
Agreed, though let's not forget their humble beginnings:
On a related note, I ran across an NPC who claimed he used to be a Stormcloak soldier until he took a sword to the chest. I wonder if that's going to be a sub-meme or a successor?

White-Death

Oct 31, 2011
I much more thoroughly enjoy FUS RO DAH.
then again...
I used to make jokes about taking an arrow to the knee, but then I really did take an arrow to the knee, thereby preventing me from telling jokes about taking an arrow to the knee, so I then proceeded to tell jokes about the arrow to the knee which prevented me from telling&#65279; jokes about the original arrow to&#65279; my knee, but most unfortunately, I later took an arrow to the knee,&#65279; rendering me incapable of telling this joke. Then, to deepen my confusion, I took an arrow to the knee...

kayisking

Sep 14, 2010
JupiterBase said:
Blue Hero said:
I'm sick of seeing it everywhere. I wish Skyrim was never released so I didn't have to see it EVERYWHERE.
Whats tripping me out is i don't think a lot people even know where its from anymore. I don't think Skyrim is that popular and i'm a TES fan since i started gaming. This really just astounds me how much its caught on.
You might be suprised. Skyrim has sold more copies in it's first two weeks then Battlefield 3, and is the biggest threath to Call of Duty's throne at the moment.

kebab4you

Jan 3, 2010
It´s a TES guard, they are by law forced to speak in memes.
JediMB said:
I used to wonder what Skyrim could be, then I took a--

FUS RO DAH!

--to the knee.

(Big adventure, tons of fun.)
My god. A merger.

Jodah

Aug 2, 2008
Loop Stricken said:
JupiterBase said:
How many of you have seen the comments on You Tube and here with people posting parodies of the guard in Skyrim comment: "I used to be an adventurer like you, then i took an arrow to the knee."
Moaning about Youtube comments is like trying to hold back the tide, when the tide is made of rabid idiocy and smells faintly of cheese. [sub]Thumbs up if you agree![/sub]

I've only occasionally posted actual replies to people simply because their stupidity so overwhelmed me! Someone was wrong on the Internet! I had to try and correct them![sub] Then I took an arrow to the knee.[/sub]

My husband Bersi, will be the death of me.
Another adventurer comer to lick my father's boots. Good job.
Come to Dragonsreach to discuss the ongoing hostilities, like the rest of the "great warriors"?

Face it, the arrow in the knee line is, by far, one of the least annoying lines to hear over and over again.
I'm tempted to dl the child killing mld just for that little sob...

MrBenSampson

Oct 8, 2011
After the 100th guard said that line to me in Skyrim, I knew it would become a meme. I've noticed people referencing it youtube, and even on Minecraft servers. Consider the sales-figures of Skyrim, this might be a lot worse than "the cake is a lie."

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
I like the "arrow to the knee" meme
a friend of mine believes it,s all a big conspiracy to cut down on adventure and make more people into guards.

Furioso

Jun 16, 2009
I was going to shoot a guard in the knee for irony, but then he said "I know who you are, hail Sithis!" and we became the best of friends!

erto101

Aug 18, 2009
Saw one variation i liked on a LoL video: I took an arrow to the knee.. but then i ate an orange and it was k

Terrik

Mar 21, 2009
It's starting to get almost as annoying as seeing bronies everywhere, almost.

Justanewguy

Jun 30, 2011
JupiterBase said:
Blue Hero said:
I'm sick of seeing it everywhere. I wish Skyrim was never released so I didn't have to see it EVERYWHERE.
I don't think Skyrim is that popular and i'm a TES fan since i started gaming.
Uh...apparently you'd be wrong, considering how popular the meme is.

Geeky Anomaly

Feb 19, 2011
Honestly, when I saw the subject of the thread, I thought you were referring to something else. I myself keep seeing "Fus Ro Dah" everywhere. Hmmm.

Anyhoo, allow me to add to the meme, and let it grow, because it's fun.

"I used to be quaterback for the Indianapolis Colts; but then I took and arrow in the knee."