Skyrim spawns a meme.

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
Yeah this one has already become annoying for me, and none of them have made me laugh so far (prove me wrong).

Most video game memes tend to get really annoying, the Deus Ex and DE:HR ones, however, are still funny for some reason and one of very few that I don't find irritating.

AstylahAthrys

Apr 7, 2010
That meme always makes my knee feel funny since I dislocated it and tore up a bunch of muscle. Now I can't stand thinking about knee injuries. They're painful.

I used to not mind these kind of jokes, then I took an arrow to the knee.

weker

May 27, 2009
it's been overused to "oblivion" already, the internet has already ran a possibly good internet meme into the ground, and now just makes me sad.

Coldster

Oct 29, 2010
It was actually really funny at first, but its being used so badly that it ruins the whole thing. Some memes I love, like troll physics and philosoraptor. Some I don't, like Hipster cat and this Skyrim one. Its not even that I don't like Skyrim, because I love it and its probably going to be my game of the year. Whatever, I just ignore it.

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
I'm much more of a fan of the Fus Ro Dah meme. Hearing that then seeing real people get thrown great distances? That shit is just priceless.

For your viewing pleasure:

Vault Citizen

May 8, 2008
How about "I was going to merely walk into Mordor then I took an arrow to the knee?"

To be honest this is the first I've heard of such a meme.

surg3n

May 16, 2011
I find it less annoying than other meme's, when it's used in context it can be quite amusing.

Really though, if you are bothered that much by meme's, maybe the internet is not the place for you.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Acrisius said:
I used to be able to sing like a star, but then I took an arrow to the knee...
"I took an arrow to the knee. He was about to finish the job, but then I jizzed in my pants!"

enzilewulf

Jun 19, 2009
LaughingAtlas said:
You know what's wrong with the internet?(skyrim) Everyone is obsessed with memes!(death)
I must have heard that one every fucking time I went to Whiterun.
Thank god I am not the only guy who hates that prick, always with the same line.

Op only made this thread because some one stole his sweet role...

cryogeist

Apr 16, 2010
i use to think that friendship was magic.then i took an arrow to the knee
(sorry i just REALLY wanted to say that)

Rusman

Aug 12, 2008
kman123 said:
Meh, I saw a 'sword to the chest' bit in that snowy city (forgot the name...). I like that better since no one is quoting that fucking thing.
I only just saw that today after seeing the meme everywhere and cracked up, them guard ain't all that. Oh and he's in Windhelm

OT: At first it was funny, but then after hearing the same few lines from the guards they just annoy me.

JediMB

Oct 25, 2008
I used to wonder what Skyrim could be, then I took a--

FUS RO DAH!

--to the knee.

(Big adventure, tons of fun.)

freaper

snuggere mongool
Apr 3, 2010
What's wrong OP? Someone stole your sweetroll?

Tbh, just looking at Steam stats should give you an insight on how massive Skyrim's become. There's no way there wouldn't be memes coming forth from that. I mean, my brother's playing the best RPG that came out this year, and I'm stuck here playing Assassin's Creed.

sergnb

Mar 12, 2011
JupiterBase said:
How many of you have seen the comments on You Tube and here with people posting parodies of the guard in Skyrim comment: "I used to be an adventurer like you, then i took an arrow to the knee." I have seen this everywhere the last couple of days ALL OVER You Tube. not just on Skyrim related videos everything. I'm really surprised honestly that its caught on like it has. Seen an particular variation that you thought was funny? Why do you think this happened.

I have never been a fan of memes but its weird to see one in action. I'm just happy cats arnt involved.
How is it weird to see a meme in action? You are on the internet for goodness sake, you see that shit everywhere.

Yes, the meme is annoying. Why? Because it's a meme. All memes are annoying. You just have to deal with it, and let it flow.

In a month or so, only youtube and maybe reddit will continue using it.

And by the way guys, we are in 2011, almost 2012 already... why the hell are you guys still reading youtube comments to begin with? That's like going to a mental hospital and asking the doctors for a report of whatever nonsense each pacient has spout that day.

Also there's a lot of attempts of making memes out of Skyrim.

"Curved swords. CURVED SWORDS" or "oh let me guess, someone stole your sweetroll" are some examples.