Skyrim Will Feature Tentacle Bears ... Maybe

Angus565

Mar 21, 2009
Despite it not being a tentacled bear, it still looks like a big freaking bear!
It's looks big as the mammoths heat, trunk and all!

Cogwheel

Apr 3, 2010
Joshimodo said:
Cogwheel said:
Joshimodo said:
Fair point. If Warcraft 3 has taught me anything, it's that green is the colour of necromancy and undead. Also, orcs.

Could it be that the viking's staff is an endless font of gaseous orc?
We have just discovered that Skyrim will feature aerosolized Orc.

Escapist news people, get writing. There's an exclusive for you.
Writing? Pah. Quit muckin' about and get to fightin'.

Wait, I'm getting my orcs mixed up.

Still, one has to wonder. Are there other aerosolized creatures? Goblins? Daedra? Elementals? Cliff racers?

I sense a series of collectibles here.

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
Gralian said:
Damnit! I was hoping for something weird... or Lovecraftian.

That's it. We need Cthulhu for the Elder Scrolls VI.
That would add x10000 awesomeness to that game.
Seriously though, Tentacle Bears sounds awesome.

captaincabbage

Apr 8, 2010
hansari said:
Could have been much worse...

All hail the Bearadactyl!

OT: It's obviously a mammoth with a bear behind it. You can see the other tusk buried in the snow along with the trunk.

That said, this guy in the pic pretty much summed up everything my character is going to be. I do hope armor and weapon stats are slightly more even all around, so you can finally use the weapons you want, instead of just what's better. I don't wanna use a stupid daedric sword, I want my steel longsword!

fanklok

Legendary Table User
Jul 17, 2009
Fools that's obviously the bear standing over the fresh corpse of a wooly octopus so it can perform the ancient bear rite of druidic fusion. Creating a tentacle bear.

King_Serpent

GUY YOU DON'T KNOW
Jul 12, 2010
fanklok said:
Fools that's obviously the bear standing over the fresh corpse of a wooly octopus so it can perform the ancient bear rite of druidic fusion. Creating a tentacle bear.
Then it is Half bear, half wooly mammoth, half octopus.
Someone else can create the name for it. I am lazy.

Jumwa

Jun 21, 2010
"I realized that the image might instead be of a bear standing over the corpse of a wooly mammoth. "

It never occurred to me it was anything but a bear over a woolly mammoth corpse.

Odbarc

Elite Member
Jun 30, 2010
Everyone knows Owl-Bear is the most fearsome of all bear incarnations. Except for Pedobear, but that's only until you turn 14.

Dana22

Sep 10, 2008
Are you blind ? This is some sort of dead Mammoth, and the "tentacles" are tusks. Bear is just feasting on the carcass.

Kris015

Some kind of Monster
Feb 21, 2009
Calling it "new" concept art isn't exactly right. It was the first piece of concept i saw, some time ago.

Eleima

Keeper of the GWJ Holocron
Feb 21, 2010
I don't see it. The bear with tentacles? Yeah, I don't see it at all. XD Dead mammoth makes more sense, especially in the cold reaches of Skyrim.

Dumori

Dumori(masoddaa)
May 28, 2010
no it a dead tailed octobear! The "trunk is its tail and the tusks are the tenticals and it has two sets of mauling limbs. The bear behind it is it's offspring looking for revenge!

As you can see the Tailed Octobear can grow to huge sizes.

Captain Pirate

Nov 18, 2009
That is so glaringly obvious that it's a Woolly Mammoth's tusks that I'm surprised anyone could mistake it.
On top of all the fact that they are attached to the mammoth, where did you think they'd go? From the position of the bear, either the grizzly's feet or it's dick.

On a side note, it's shaping up. Hell, I might even give it a chance when it's released, should be a damn sight better than the pile of boring shite Oblivion was.

Random Fella

Nov 17, 2010
thenumberthirteen said:
Bears with Tentacles? An evolution of Pedobear?

Anyway it just looks like a Mammoth type creature with extra tusks.
Darn ninjas!
OT: Perhaps now it shall be tentacle bear cavalry mammoth things?

Nenad

Mar 16, 2009
Gralian said:
Damnit! I was hoping for something weird... or Lovecraftian.

That's it. We need Cthulhu for the Elder Scrolls VI.
I second this statement!

felixader

Feb 24, 2008
Someone, somehwere really has a disturbing wishfull thinking to take this as a tentacle-bear.

Freud would like to have a talk with you. :p

Giantcain

Oct 29, 2009
captaincabbage said:
hansari said:
Could have been much worse...

All hail the Bearadactyl!

OT: It's obviously a mammoth with a bear behind it. You can see the other tusk buried in the snow along with the trunk.

That said, this guy in the pic pretty much summed up everything my character is going to be. I do hope armor and weapon stats are slightly more even all around, so you can finally use the weapons you want, instead of just what's better. I don't wanna use a stupid daedric sword, I want my steel longsword!
Is that a cliff-racer bear?