Smurfs Trailer Can Go Smurf Itself

Fearzone

Boyz! Boyz! Boyz!
Dec 3, 2008
Why all the hating on the smurfs? The cartoon was fine, and they gave rise to a gamer term used in multiplayer competitive RTSs for a skilled player who creates a second (or more) account just to play against new players. A bad movie is a bad movie, but there is nothing wrong with the smurfs.

dagens24

Mar 20, 2004
Pretty sure this is a children's movie so what's the big deal? It looks like your typical shitty kids movie.

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
You know, I SHOULD probably be pissed about this, but honestly, I'm not.

Mostly because this being a shitty movie was about as predictable as the Twilight movies being shitty. I got over it a long time ago when Bob first brought it up.

The only thing I'm still hung up on is Neil being in this crap. Really man, really? I hope that money was worth the shame.

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
Oh come on guys, this is just a hip new spin on an old family favorite. I bet there are alot of fun, lessons and Hi-jinks!

Oh god what did I just write?

Tom Phoenix

Mar 28, 2009
In the past, I always wondered what exactly it meant when people were saying how Hollywood was "raping their childhood". Now, I think I am starting to understand...

Dr_Horrible

Oct 24, 2010
Dr. wonderful said:
Bloodstain said:
Ugh. Horrible.

Your point?
NPH... WHYYYYY?!

Seriously, this is awful. I don't even care about this movie, but Neil is one of my favorite actors (see my username), and this is just a terrible waste of talent and a blemish on a greaat resume

unoleian

Jul 2, 2008
I feel like less of a human being for having watched that.
I can't wait to see which childhood memory they piss on next!

Actual

Jun 24, 2008
Maybe 2 children alive today have ever seen the Smurfs. Surely this film must be aimed at the adults who enjoyed it when they were kids....so why is it so retarded?

The original cartoon looks more refined and grown up than this!

Mjoldar

Dec 14, 2010
Whatever dude in marketing told the excecs that making the...*ahem* edgy jokes would draw in a crowd for a freaking SMURFS movie needs to be fired. You're making your sale on nostalgia, not jokes that would have been rejected from Shrek 5.5: the Suckquel.

Curttehmurt

Feb 11, 2010
If there's one positive, Hank Azaria seems to be playing Gargamel pretty well

otherwise yeah, fuck this shit