So Apperently The Muppets Are Communists... Yeah.

The Rascal King

Aug 13, 2009
Nothing to get worked up about. I bet a producer of the show couldn't find anything to fill up a 7 minute slot so they took something culturally relevant and decided to decorate in with anti-capitlist, anti-american overtones just to keep up ratings. They do this with a lot of things. Just deal with it.

You guys may not know this, but every writer and producer associated with Fox News has a secret desire to make up shit better than Tom Clancy.

MrGalactus

Elite Member
Sep 18, 2010
I'f the Muppets are teaching kids that corporate greed and exploitation of consumers is wrong, and that makes them Communists, Then I am a furry little Communist.

2fish

Sep 10, 2008
I though we all knew of their political goals.

Man oh man Fox is running out of topics. Take anything say that the left is brainwashing/attacking via random topic meant to make people angry. and tada! Internet gives free publicity.

Unsure if fox is troll or stupid.

Damn I had to edit this in.

Oh wait I found the answer guys!

Alexandra Petri said:
There is a pig engaging in an inter-species relationship with a frog. This is literally the slippery slope that sprang into people's minds when they voted yes on Prop 8.
link
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/compost/post/liberal-communist-muppet-brainwashing-needs-to-stop/2011/12/05/gIQAUrRLXO_blog.html

There is more to the muppets than we knew...

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
I find if fascinating how they're so blind to their own hypocrisy. They are constantly yapping about Jesus and Christianity (and how atheists are evil scum), yet they support capitalism and greed. The very things that Jesus was preaching against. If it wasn't hilarious, it would be the saddest thing in the world.

TheScientificIssole

Jun 9, 2011
I am currently writing the screen play about the oil industry saving everything. Sounds fucking exiting.
Also, these people probably believe in SOPA.

Keava

Mar 1, 2010
Ahh American dramas. Much better than comedy TV shows. So abstract and surreal. I always loved that paranoid fear of "communism" that lurks around every corner to destroy the founding truths than United States were built on. Funniest stuff ever.

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Doom needs Yoghurt, Badly
Dec 12, 2009
2fish said:
Oh wait I found the answer guys!

Alexandra Petri said:
There is a pig engaging in an inter-species relationship with a frog. This is literally the slippery slope that sprang into people's minds when they voted yes on Prop 8.
link
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/compost/post/liberal-communist-muppet-brainwashing-needs-to-stop/2011/12/05/gIQAUrRLXO_blog.html

There is more to the muppets than we knew...
OH GOD!!, THEY BROUGHT RULE 34 INTO THIS!!!

Hussmann54

Dec 14, 2009
Folji said:
I'm European and what is this?
The reason people dont want to live in this country any more.

OT: Ummmm... Being a conservative, I dont think i have ever met a liberal who HATED the oil company for being big business........ Maybe enviromentalism, sure, but not because it puts gas in the tank and such.
If there is a valid argument here, im not seeing it....

Gmans uncle

Oct 17, 2011
I hate Fox with a passion, they aren't journalists, they're trolls, trolls in their purest form. This group of trolls passing off as a "news" station has given my profession a bad name for a looooooooong time, if there's one corporation I would cheer for the demise of, it's Fox.

Racecarlock

Jul 10, 2010
From wikipedia. As of January 2011, the Democratic Party-affiliated Public Policy Polling reports that Fox News Channel is the second-most trusted television news network in the country, with 42% of respondents reporting they trust the network, compared to other major news channels (behind PBS which stands at 50%, and ahead of NBC at 41%, CNN at 40%, CBS at 36%, and ABC at 35%). Simultaneously, Fox News Channel is also ranked the most distrusted news channel in the country, with 46% of respondents reporting they distrust the network (behind PBS at 30%, NBC at 41%, and CNN, CBS, and ABC each at 43%). Overall this represents a combined -16% drop among respondents from the year before and places the channel fourth among Americans in terms of trust/distrust (behind PBS, NBC, and CNN, and ahead of CBS, and ABC). Most of this drop is the result of a strong increase of distrust among moderates and liberals. While conservatives largely held the same view of the network as the year before (moving from 75% who trusted the channel last year to 72% who trust it this year), moderates and liberals increased heavily in their distrust of the network, with levels of distrust raising 48% to 60% among moderates and 66% to 82% among liberals. Of the poll's respondents, 18% identified as liberal, 41% as moderate, and 40% as conservative, while 40% identified as Democratic, 37% as Republican, and 23% as independent/other.[40][41]

72% trust. That is scary.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
Does anyone find themselves using Fox to judge what's actually fun to watch and do by how much they hate it. Watch fox news and do the opposite and you will have a great time people! >_>

I laughed at a report from a uni the other day that people who watched fox news are actually less informed than people who don't watch the news at all... :|

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010
"Hurr hurr, i am a Fox News anchurr"

OT: I swear, they don't even care about bringing a message across anymore they're basically trolling for ratings.

I mean what is this, the cold war era?

I'm really curious what'll become of america when they even try playing off Obama as the asshole who ruined the economy. He was just the guy that came in after that other monkey had been allowed to fling his shit around for 8 years. So if you want to blame someone for the sad state of your nation then blame yourselves, Fox, for bringing back the monkey after you could've gotten him sent back to where he came from.

Fuck you, Fox. Fuck you.

Virmire

Sep 25, 2011
Oh god. What little I could watch do to their shit media player made me want to just weep.

Unesh52

May 27, 2010
Stopped watching about a minute before the end, and I don't remember anything about communism, so unless it was in the very last part, it seems Fox is being represented in a horribly biased light. Again.

Now, honestly, I know Fox comes out with some insane shit, and this is no exception, but it's still dishonest to portray someone as more shit than they are. I think they were making some good points when they were talking to that professor lady - kids lack the reasoning skills to make informed political decisions, and it's probably unfair to try and message monger to them with concepts that are way over their head. Is the muppet movie doing that? No, probably not (haven't seen it, but it sounds implausible). What some of you seem to not realize is that even the liberal opponent they were interviewing was asserting that they actually were - she just didn't think it was a bad thing. So that's the right and the left overreaching to superimpose a political slant on an innocent film.

But even tough the movie was probably not a politically charged message film, it's still plausible that it could be representative of a trend in popular media that characterizes the rich and well-off as inherently bad. Take the latest MLP episode for another example (shut up; I see you rolling your eyes) - is Jet Set not the most insufferable, fickle douche you've ever seen? In fact, the whole of that aristocracy except for Upper Crust right at the very end is presented as pandering, shallow, and intolerant. How often have you seen that interpretation of the wealthy? A lot of places, right? It may not be intentional, but it could still be there, and it could still warrant a response. Personally, I don't see this trend as a moral indictment on wealth, but rather a warning to not let yourself be defined by your wealth, just as you wouldn't want to define yourself by your sexuality or your gender, so it doesn't bother me. It would take knowledge far beyond my own to tell us what kids are getting out of it though.

Again, I'm not trying to praise Fox (I don't even watch it), but I am scolding you all for jumping to conclusions and responding without even considering the idea that it's not crazy.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
Racecarlock said:
From wikipedia. As of January 2011, the Democratic Party-affiliated Public Policy Polling reports that Fox News Channel is the second-most trusted television news network in the country, with 42% of respondents reporting they trust the network, compared to other major news channels (behind PBS which stands at 50%, and ahead of NBC at 41%, CNN at 40%, CBS at 36%, and ABC at 35%). Simultaneously, Fox News Channel is also ranked the most distrusted news channel in the country, with 46% of respondents reporting they distrust the network (behind PBS at 30%, NBC at 41%, and CNN, CBS, and ABC each at 43%). Overall this represents a combined -16% drop among respondents from the year before and places the channel fourth among Americans in terms of trust/distrust (behind PBS, NBC, and CNN, and ahead of CBS, and ABC). Most of this drop is the result of a strong increase of distrust among moderates and liberals. While conservatives largely held the same view of the network as the year before (moving from 75% who trusted the channel last year to 72% who trust it this year), moderates and liberals increased heavily in their distrust of the network, with levels of distrust raising 48% to 60% among moderates and 66% to 82% among liberals. Of the poll's respondents, 18% identified as liberal, 41% as moderate, and 40% as conservative, while 40% identified as Democratic, 37% as Republican, and 23% as independent/other.[40][41]

72% trust. That is scary.
I actually know some people that take Fox News as the word of God.

Yes, they are as horrifying as you might expect them to be. One of them thinks that humans developed flight from downed alien spacecraft.

William Ossiss

Apr 8, 2010
HELL YEAH! Commie pride! Woo!

OT: i am for communism. though not one ran by a government where there are people more equal than everyone else. just everyone equal.