So Apperently The Muppets Are Communists... Yeah.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
Ulquiorra4sama said:
"Hurr hurr, i am a Fox News anchurr"

OT: I swear, they don't even care about bringing a message across anymore they're basically trolling for ratings.

I mean what is this, the cold war era?

I'm really curious what'll become of america when they even try playing off Obama as the asshole who ruined the economy. He was just the guy that came in after that other monkey had been allowed to fling his shit around for 8 years. So if you want to blame someone for the sad state of your nation then blame yourselves, Fox, for bringing back the monkey after you could've gotten him sent back to where he came from.

Fuck you, Fox. Fuck you.
Actually, the economy started it's steady decline into shitsville during Kennedy's administration. Just throwing that out there. ('Course, the 'War against Terror' didn't help AT ALL, but such is life.)

Orange12345

Aug 11, 2011
wow that was really funny half of the arugements against the muppets did'nt make any sense and did'nt even have anything to do with the topic, cudos to the blonde though she did really well in calling out thier bullshit

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Kopikatsu said:
I actually know some people that take Fox News as the word of God.

Yes, they are as horrifying as you might expect them to be. One of them thinks that humans developed flight from downed alien spacecraft.
That's ridiculous. We developed flight from scrolls found in the Lost City of Atlantis....

But I've said too much.

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
summerof2010 said:
I haven't watched the vid but I'd hazard a guess they got their Muppet based hate ammo from the villain of the film. A comically evil oil tycoon who wants to tear down the Muppet studios and drill for oil, he's also got some kind of Muppet racism going for him...which is odd but god damn does this guy have it out for Kermit and the gang. It's hardly a political message, he's Doc Hopper in a different form. The pop culture boogey man that the Muppets must fend off. It's all in good Muppet fun, and the rest of the movie is really just a whimsical romp through nostalgia. Plus the Neil Patrick Harris cameo is really short, but it is oh so awesome.

I was going somewhere with this...Nope, lost it. Go see the movie, it's awesome.

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
FOX no longer surprises me, it just depresses me. Want indoctrination? How about the pledge of fucking allegiance? How about fucking sunday school? How about saying "if you work hard you'll succeed" to your kids and so they work hard at school, go to college and still can't get employed? Rich people always confuse their luck for skill. People at motivational seminars always talk about the guy who worked really hard for a year and became a millionaire, they never tell you about those other thousand people who worked hard and didn't make it.

They say that the main baddy represents the American dream, and I agree. But I think that's just a good impression of how sick a set of ideals it is for that is supposed to be a predominantly christian country whose ideals state that the meek shall inherit the earth and "it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God". I mean I don't care if you do follow those ideals, I'm an atheist, I just want some fucking consistency.

*sigh*

Sorry, went off on one a bit there. Fucking FOX...

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
Saw the headline; immediately went, "Let me guess. Fox News?"

Fox News is evil. If Fox News is intentionally your primary source of news, you desperately need some remedial classes in journalism, science, and logic. You should also have your voter registration card burned.

Please don't blame America exclusively for this malarkey, though. We inherited Murdoch after he had already spread his talons in Australia and the U.K....

ACM_Shadow

Aug 6, 2009
Like usual think anyone that takes Fox for granted is an idiot, think they are looking to heavily into the matter, loved the Obama admin rant... when after all, as far as i know the problem was there before he went in, it just boiled over. the sad thing is the first person (pro muppets are evil blahblahblah) should be shot for her "knowledge" that she contributed to the arguement.

Now i think i might watch some fox news every now and again... have not laughed like that in a while. Also news programs here aren't that crazy.. they just omit everything you might actually want to hear (live in good old hot Aus). Feel slightly sorry for the 2nd reporter who was sticking up for the movie... but hey, she went on fox news.

thetruefallen

Mar 12, 2008
Fox just did my head in. What the hell was that? It was like watching children have an argument. So stupid. Expoliting the rights they are trying to protect. fucking retarded.

Issurru

Jun 13, 2010
Adam Jensen said:
I find if fascinating how they're so blind to their own hypocrisy. They are constantly yapping about Jesus and Christianity (and how atheists are evil scum), yet they support capitalism and greed. The very things that Jesus was preaching against. If it wasn't hilarious, it would be the saddest thing in the world.
Hell, I still find it the saddest thing in the world.

Also (since I haven't seen the video and am working late can anyone tell me if they said "some people say" and if so how many times? My media studies teacher taught me the best way to sound credible (especially fox) is just to add something akin to that phrase. Which I never really noticed until we spent an entire class watching a fox newscast.

OT: What in the nine fucking hells Fox? How slow of a day was it for you for you to come up with this segment

javelinstark

Sep 19, 2011
Hussmann54 said:
Folji said:
I'm European and what is this?
The reason people dont want to live in this country any more.

OT: Ummmm... Being a conservative, I dont think i have ever met a liberal who HATED the oil company for being big business........ Maybe enviromentalism, sure, but not because it puts gas in the tank and such.
If there is a valid argument here, im not seeing it....
we have plenty available alternatives to oil that with a little more funding could make oil completely obselete but it never comes around because capitalist oil companies do whatever they can in their power to ensure those projects dont get funded so they can keep making more and more money off of your car.

oops only meant to quote the OT

xdiesp

Oct 21, 2007
And OWS too. Don't worry, it's just a reflex of McCarthysm akin to digging yourself into a police state out of fear of terrists.

DSQ

Jun 30, 2009
Sigh oh Fox News, I hightly doubt The Muppets are communists not because of the fact that the films message is about being nice no matter who you are not about someones wealth, but because the are american and americans have an inhereant fear of communists.

Just because some communists were and are bad doesn't mean all communists or communism is bad as we should all should know.

Vausch

Dec 7, 2009
Y'know, I have a feeling if we actually listened to Thomas Jefferson and re-wrote the constitution every few decades or so, the next version would have a line somewhere along the lines of "TV networks claiming to be news stations must actually report the news."

Jon Stewart is right. Fox is officially trying to make themselves seem so stupid they cannot be parodied.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
When you have no point to make, you have to make it as loud as possible! ~ The Fox motto.

Blind Sight

May 16, 2010
Pfft this is old crazy, Adam Baldwin (the guy who played Jayne on Firefly) has been saying this about Sesame Street for years:

http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/abaldwin/2009/11/03/sesame-street-all-monsters-are-equal/

BRex21

Sep 24, 2010
TrilbyWill said:
how is it wrong to thing corporations are bad?
they skullfucked the economy into submission.
Technically only a handful of corporations did that, EG the bankers who bet against and sabotaged the market.
Secondly, while it made me throw up in my mouth a little, they have a point. While we love to vilify oil companies, virtually everything we have would simply not have been attainable without them and you have to admit that the consumer really seems to want there to be less drilling but more oil.
Now i DO agree that oil companies are gouging during a recession, but some of that has to do with global markets. I would like to see Gas markup limits but hey, our governments are all gutless that probably wont happen.
I'm also one of those people who firmly believes big oil killed the EVA1 (the first mass produced electric car).
And i know that Fox's stance is so far past any rational reaction, i know what Fox news manufactures is fear.
But, Universally saying Corporations are bad is a dangerous thing. Aside from the corporate world being largely responsible for major developments in agriculture, medicine, and a variety of other elements of our lives, including the electronic devices you are using to read this, hating corporations is also an easy way to simply eliminate personal responsibility.

As for this:
The_root_of_all_evil said:

I find this deplorable.

Remind me...what do Fox see as communism now?
Are you saying that by draping yourself in the American flag that any message is inevitably American? Because I believe that is how The Patriot act got passed. If they are in fact promoting such things as sharing and caring for your fellow man,which i know is diametrically opposed to Fox news' political stance, the fact that they can sing patriotically does not change that.