So I found out I'm on my schools "Shooting Watch List"

llew

Sep 9, 2009
thats the most ridiculous, yet hilarious thing ive heard in a long time :3 if my school had one i'd so be on it, im openly fascinated by weaponry and listen to metal/heavy metal so there would be no question i'd be on it :L

iLikeHippos

Jan 19, 2010
ACT IT OUT!

Seriously, if they are afraid of you, that gives you a double-edged power. It won't backfire unless you deliberately provoke them to call the police.

And power is sweet... *Drools like a sociopath*

googleback

Apr 15, 2009
zHellas said:
WhatIsThisIDontEven said:
Anyone else think this is a bit weird?
I say steal the file and show it to your parents and possibly alert the local news about this.
DO IT!!!!

Thats a stupid thing to write and that gets circulated around a lot of people in that school.

Get in there Serpico!

Anchupom

In it for the Pub Club cookies
Apr 15, 2009
Believing in God isn't an instant pass against being a sociopathic madman. I mean, look at extremist Muslim fundamentalists. They did terrible acts of terrorism and mass murder "in the name of Allah" (I use quotation marks because I think it's complete bullshit that someone should use religion as an excuse to kill others). And what is up with the school psychologically profiling you anyway? I'd be genuinely offended if that was me.

And on a side note, I totally believe I'm on a school murderer list somewhere.
I'm an outright Atheist, I excel in sciences and never showed much interest in religious studies, I have previously shown violent tendancies, I listen to death metal, and I used to dress like the world's biggest emo. And I play videogames. Hell, lock me up now before I kill! (again)

Druss the Legend

Jun 6, 2009
You should soooo use this to your advantage.

In the middle of class, suddenly and aggressively demand cookies and milk.

Magnesium360

FDA Approved!
Mar 9, 2010
Trezu said:
that is weird

Usually teacher's shouldn't psychological profile you. i assume at least i never was.

but i did find a site that talked bout it

http://www.kidspeace.org/healing.aspx?id=1464
Interesting link. Seems part calculated reason, part sensationalist paranoia. Also, an extract from the first paragraph that I found slightly amusing:
"Dr. Peter Langman, Director of Psychology at KidsPeace, offers his advice aimed at educators and school administrators contained in his new book, Why Kids Kill: Inside the Minds of School Shooters"
Specifically this line which mentions Langman's information on avoiding school shootings: "offers his advice aimed at educators and school administrators"
Aimed at educators and school administrators? Really? That didn't cross the author's mind as potentially poor word choice?

Feb 13, 2008
Kopikatsu said:
Because they're trying to prevent the school from being 'shot up'?
If there is an organised folder to prevent the school from being 'shot up', I'd suggest you get the hell out of that school; and make sure the teachers know exactly why. After you've informed the media.
I'd also ask for a mental re-assessment of the crackpot who created that idea.

The mere existence of that list is grounds for having that school audited.

Ulixes Dimon

Jul 25, 2010
Imperator D said:
AetherWolf said:
What, is your school run by Jack Thompson?

Seriously though, I thought people were done with this generalizing based on the Columbine Shooting years ago.
No. It has only gotten worse. As time goes by and we have more and more instances of people snapping they will only refine it till they start issuing a psych-profile test as part of the standard battery of tests all students take. Answer one way and they put you in a padded classroom, answer another and you're spending the day chained to your chair hoping someone will come to you with a Baby Ruth.
I was given a wide birth after because I wore a trench coat and fedora; but all the teachers knew I wasn't a problem child, and my friends defended me when kids who didn't know me opened their judgmental mouths. I loved defying conventions and challenging prejudices.
Trench-coat+Fedora= Epicness

Anddd like most of the people here said you should do something about this. Tell your parents, tell a lawyer, tell Superman, whatever. Just don't let this shit lye.

Harbinger_

Jan 8, 2009
So I was called into the office of my high school today to talk to my guidance counselor about college stuff (I'm a senior) and she had all my files and stuff on her desk. There was one folder she never looked at though during the meeting. I asked her about it and she said it wasn't important.

The bell rang and we both got up to leave. I went back to her office once she had left and picked up the folder. It was a report about my "school shooting potential". At my school, apparently, the SSP is based on grades, interests, music choice, and religion. It said this (from what I can recall, I skimmed it)

"Grades: Excellent, excels in science.
Interests: Shows an interest in death and goth culture.
Music Choice: Heavy metal, shows interest in death.
Religion: Atheist, shows lack of empathy.

Comments: Staff are urged to act nicer to NAME to keep him at a stable emotional level."

Which is weird, because I don't have any interest in goth subculture or a death fascination. I do like metal, but so? Also the part about me being an atheist is ridiculous (the school is in a Protestant/Catholic town).

Seems like discrimination to me, where are you from anyway? I'm guessing the United States? (Saying that because alot of people on here seem to be.)

deathninja

Dec 19, 2008
Father Time said:
Talk to a lawyer and see if you have a case against anyone.

I'm fairly sure the ADA (a federal law) forbids that kind of stuff.
The ADA does, but I'm in the UK, and our DDA is pretty toothless in comparison. Ah well.

Hive Mind

Apr 30, 2011
ravensheart18 said:
Hive Mind said:
Hero in a half shell said:
You should confront her about it, at her house, while holding a gun.

Actually don't do that, that would be a horrible thing to do. Also, you snuck back into her office to rifle through your files just to know what one 'unimportant' file was? Thats some worrying behaviour right there.

I like how music choice is one of the indicators for whether you will shoot up a school. "ARGH He likes Judas Priest, now were all screwed!"
I find it funny that no one else besides us has questioned the OP's willingness to sneak into a teacher's office and go through her files. A lack of empathy and none too bothered about rifling through someone's private property after having suck into their room? Kind of scary personality right there.
Naw, I mentioned it pages ago.

Either this incident didn't happen as described, or he has demonstrated that the school has at least some reason to be concerned about him.
Whaddya gonna do? Sue me?!

But yeah, I agree, and by coming from someone willing to sneak into an office and riffle through someone's paperwork, paperwork that describes them as having no empathy - I'll have to guess the OP is lying about this situation.

DRSH1989

Aug 20, 2010
So I was called into the office of my high school today to talk to my guidance counselor about college stuff (I'm a senior) and she had all my files and stuff on her desk. There was one folder she never looked at though during the meeting. I asked her about it and she said it wasn't important.

The bell rang and we both got up to leave. I went back to her office once she had left and picked up the folder. It was a report about my "school shooting potential". At my school, apparently, the SSP is based on grades, interests, music choice, and religion. It said this (from what I can recall, I skimmed it)

"Grades: Excellent, excels in science.
Interests: Shows an interest in death and goth culture.
Music Choice: Heavy metal, shows interest in death.
Religion: Atheist, shows lack of empathy.

Comments: Staff are urged to act nicer to NAME to keep him at a stable emotional level."

Which is weird, because I don't have any interest in goth subculture or a death fascination. I do like metal, but so? Also the part about me being an atheist is ridiculous (the school is in a Protestant/Catholic town).

So did you kill her?
PS: yes, very weird, but people are usually FUBAR so don't be surprised to see weird stuff like this... people are just strange... and scared & idiots... most of time... with exceptions of course.

hooksashands

Apr 11, 2010
It makes me wonder what the other kids' files say.

"Listens to jazz music - Probably does crystal meth and will start to rape soon."

"Buddhist - Doesn't carry a gun but could still kill with kung fu."

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
Get pictures and take to the police. That's just fucking wrong. I can't believe that, especially the Religion thing. There are more Christians in prison than atheists I guarantee you that.