So I found out I'm on my schools "Shooting Watch List"

zarguhl

Oct 4, 2010
"We do what we must, because, we can. For the good of all of us, except the ones who are dead."

Psychologists and thus the people doing psych profiles are generally quite insane themselves. I wouldn't give any consideration to a psychological opinion about anything.

mogensmissekat

Sep 17, 2010
WhatIsThisIDontEven said:
So I was called into the office of my high school today to talk to my guidance counselor about college stuff (I'm a senior) and she had all my files and stuff on her desk. There was one folder she never looked at though during the meeting. I asked her about it and she said it wasn't important.

The bell rang and we both got up to leave. I went back to her office once she had left and picked up the folder. It was a report about my "school shooting potential". At my school, apparently, the SSP is based on grades, interests, music choice, and religion. It said this (from what I can recall, I skimmed it)

"Grades: Excellent, excels in science.
Interests: Shows an interest in death and goth culture.
Music Choice: Heavy metal, shows interest in death.
Religion: Atheist, shows lack of empathy.

Comments: Staff are urged to act nicer to NAME to keep him at a stable emotional level."

Which is weird, because I don't have any interest in goth subculture or a death fascination. I do like metal, but so? Also the part about me being an atheist is ridiculous (the school is in a Protestant/Catholic town).

You better confront your school about it... You americans have always been keen on running with a good scare and the mandatory which-hunt. But your system also tend to mellow out once the stupidity has been confronted!

Anyone else think this is a bit weird?

mocruz1200

Jan 17, 2009
WhatIsThisIDontEven said:
So I was called into the office of my high school today to talk to my guidance counselor about college stuff (I'm a senior) and she had all my files and stuff on her desk. There was one folder she never looked at though during the meeting. I asked her about it and she said it wasn't important.

The bell rang and we both got up to leave. I went back to her office once she had left and picked up the folder. It was a report about my "school shooting potential". At my school, apparently, the SSP is based on grades, interests, music choice, and religion. It said this (from what I can recall, I skimmed it)

"Grades: Excellent, excels in science.
Interests: Shows an interest in death and goth culture.
Music Choice: Heavy metal, shows interest in death.
Religion: Atheist, shows lack of empathy.

Comments: Staff are urged to act nicer to NAME to keep him at a stable emotional level."

Which is weird, because I don't have any interest in goth subculture or a death fascination. I do like metal, but so? Also the part about me being an atheist is ridiculous (the school is in a Protestant/Catholic town).

Anyone else think this is a bit weird?
that is SO fucking awesome. id use this new found information to my advantage!

Brainpalm

Apr 17, 2010
Man that just isn't right. Stereotyping people as murderers or some shit because they like metal. I would be pretty pissed if i were you. (although not enough to want to shoot anyone) You should definitely take it up with someone, complain about it. It just isn't right. The counseling staff don't know you, they have absolutely no right to judge you like that.

Boba Frag

Dec 11, 2009
That sounds horrendously creepy, as well as making all sorts of false assumptions about you.
Whoever compiled that is a moron and shouldn't be teaching anything to anyone.

As for this 'goth culture' thing- I find that perplexing as you yourself said you're not actually interested in it.

Sounds like middle aged hysteria from a bunch of hacks.
If you haven't talked to your parents about this already, you should. Demand a copy of the files on you.

Custard_Angel

Aug 6, 2009
Littlee300 said:
Custard_Angel said:
Here's an idea.

Smile more often.

It'll open many "non-shooting" doors.
Well I have to check my file now since this made my curious. Maybe I can find out how to make one of those things you plug into the keyboard and it emails me the passwords like a boss.
A keylogger.

Just make sure you don't get caught and you don't keylog a programmer.

I saw a guys keylogging data outputs he got from a guy who turned out to be a perl programmer.

Just a continuous, unformatted notepad file containing hundreds of thousands of characters.\

Scary stuff...

deshorty

Dec 30, 2010
This seems stupid, but no point in doing anything now. Although, since you are a senior, moving onto college, you could just do one last big "fuck you" to your school just for using such a shoddy profile.

conflictofinterests

Apr 6, 2010
JESUS CHRIST, WORRY ABOUT THE ATHEIST INSTEAD OF THE OBVIOUSLY LONER/UNSTABLE MANIPULATIVE SOCIOPATHIC PRICK! THEY DON'T BELIEVE IN GOD!!!1

:|

If that isn't the dumbest reason to single out atheists... Seriously, lack of empathy? I'M atheist specifically BECAUSE I empathize with people who are going to hell simply because they never heard of the "word of god." Because fuck a god who would sentence any of his people to hell just based on luck of the draw.

Anyways, I'm just blowing that part out of proportion because Christians who are biased like that make me angry.

Anyways, just enjoy the special treatment, and go "boo" to all the staff on your last day of school.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
a report about my "school shooting potential".

Words fail me. And seriously? You "lack empathy" because you're an atheist? This is the second time I have written then this today, but:

I don't even...

Furious Styles

Jul 10, 2010
So atheists are more likely to commit atrocities, eh? Yeah, cos no spree or serial killers ever have religious delusions. Fuck, a woman was beheaded in Tenerife the other day by a vagrant who thought he was God's messenger! Yeah, atheists are the bad guys.

ZombieGenesis

Apr 15, 2009
America has school shooting potential lists?
Damn, that shows a crumbling social structure right there.

Schools here just have a 'Talking Out of Turn Potential List'.
I don't rank very high, I don't want to go back in the box.

WilliamRLBaker

Jan 8, 2010
Jack the Potato said:
Tim Cr810 said:
when it comes right down to it Atheist have as much reason to be empathetic and be a contributing member of society as Christians do, maybe more because they don't have this God Person to clean up their messes
we just have different reasons for it, while Christians do so because if they don't they'll be smited by their god or any passing paladins Atheists do it because they know that natural selection in Primates favors the team players, if you have three men in a village, a man who is a good person and helps out his community, a man who acts like a little kid, and a man who spends his time on the outskirts of the village being antisocial... who gets to pass on his genes to the next generation?

aka who gets laid?

hell that's a reason for Christians to avoid being a good person because apparently God hates in when people have sex
Your ignorant assumptions and judgements about things you don't know are baffling as is your grammar. Don't turn this topic into a soapbox for you to degrade and insult people of different beliefs please, because you'll only degrade yourself.
except every thing he said was correct and quite logical. But you don't agree with it so instead of debating him or proving him wrong you spout the abritrary your wrong! and your grammar sucks *bro fists nearest bro* yeah I showed him told him his grammar sucks.

Maybe next time don't attack his grammar and tell him how he is actually wrong...

powell86

Mar 19, 2009
powell86 said:
Hypothesis:
decent people > crazy assholes
unarmed decent people <<>> armed crazy assholes

therefore less shootings lulz.
This would be such a bad idea xD
"Did you just take out my seat?!"
*pulls out ak-47*
"Get the fuck out before I blow your brains out."

On topic though. That is the stupidest thing ever. The craziest people tend to be the ones who act the nicest to adults.[/quote]

Haha I would think that most decent students will not pull out an AK47 on their classmates. Those who will pull out are those crazy assholes who would have done that with or without prohibition. And with fellow students having guns, once the asshole pull a gun, he'll have many iron sights on him lol...

thedevilscousin

Nov 14, 2010
These things amuse me so much, not that i mean it in offense to you, OP. But this is so damn stupid of them! How can listening to heavy metal point at an interest in death and goth culture? ANd i also like that "excels in science" bit, they think that science is evil!
And this atheism bit, have you ever met an atheist that's not completely incapable of empathy? I have, often. they aren't all assholes screaming out their opinions on the internet. Christians really do amuse me sometimes.

ryai458

Oct 20, 2008
open trap said:
Similer in 8th grade for me. Our family consumer science teacher would watch my class on the last block of the day because my homeroom teacher worked in the studio at my school. She said i had changed from last year (I lost weight, grew out my hair, wear black band shirts and jeans, and am less inclined to blindly fallow what a teacher says) and that apparently i was scary. A friend of mine would say in that class that if i shot up the school he'd make it because i like him. I also happened to know of every one involved in drug trafficing and would casually talk about it. She would listen into all of these conversations on a daily basis. She was espically disturbed by an act i put on for a few friends where i would pretend to have an alternate personality and change my voice, though it was an obvious act as i did this on command. Any way one day near the end of the year i was called to guidence to talk about high school. They told me they did the same with every student, which was false because i asked around. Halfway through the conversation she mentions my FCS teacher and that she said i was an interesting person to talk to. The last part of the conversation turned to weather or not i was a violent person. I knew from the very beging that my FCS teacher told them to talk to me because she thought i was crazy and that just confirmed my suspicions. OH well whats a guy to do.
You should of changed your voice and start mumbling about your precious.