So... Uh... What the hell, Australia?!?!

Meatspinner

Feb 4, 2011
Oh boy. I wonder what cooky off topic discussions I'll find to day. Maybe some perky ponies a dash of lighthearted lolcats or even some silly...

*looks at thread*

Sysly though, cant we keep this sh*t in the sh*t flinging forums where they belong

OT (to avoid those arbitrary warnings): Look at image #10. Thats not the us flag. Looks more like the Icelandic flag that got confused with the UK flag... again.
I smell stock photo.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
It's a load of rather over-zealous Muslims protesting the US embassy in Australia. You're acting as if regular Australians have stood up to tell America to go fuck itself for no reason.

I mean, did you even read the article you posted?

pro_family_lover said:
Check a more credible site like [...] Fox news, or daily mail.

But no, you're right - it'd be far more appropriate to check the two most racist, anti-Islamic mainstream 'news' outlets for information on this.

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
What I find funny is how attacking fucking embassies is somehow sending a message. Attacking and killing innocent diplomats and workers who had NOTHING to do with the film seems logical to extremist whack jobs.

Guess that's why they're extremist. *shrug* just wish this would all stop.

eels05

Jun 11, 2009
Lets be clear about this,the majority of Australians are disgusted by this event.

It was,like ususal a small minority of extremist dickheads who kicked of the worst of the fighting.Isn't it always?

trouble_gum

May 8, 2011
Zachary Amaranth said:
SaneAmongInsane said:
They're.

So... I ask, what the hell is up with Australia hating us 'Mericans now?
I'm surprised. With how much Australians hate Muslims, you'd think they'd be too busy infighting down under.
I'm surprised that it took until the second page for someone to correct "there" to "they're."

In other news, Fox News are a reliable information source as opposed to those horrible liberals at CNN.

Insert picture of Heath Ledger as The Joker here.

Winthrop

Apr 7, 2010
KnightDragul said:
People with hate in their hearts and minds will be violent no matter what race, religion or cause they belong to.
Thats something more people need to keep in mind. This isn't a Muslim thing or an Australian thing, its a hateful thing.

OT: Anyway not much I can add. Don't generalize things so much. A protest is not always the view of the majority.

geK0

Jun 24, 2011
Is this still over that video that was posted a while back? Why are US embassies being attacked over this? I don't get it...

AND WHY ARE PEOPLE OUTRAGED THAT THE US DEFENDS THEIR EMBASSIES?!?! Do they expect them to just let rioters swarm in? fucking stupid people!

Tippy

Jul 3, 2012
Boudica said:
While we're at it, let's remind everyone that extreme minorities don't represent Islam on a whole. There were a lot of Muslims at those riots begging their brothers and sisters to stop the anger and the violence.
Their efforts were in vain, ultimately this will be seen as just another example demonstrating how violent/unstable followers of Islam are. Even if it was just an extreme minority and the protesters had good intentions, the minority ruined it. Not the first time it's happened really.

In the end, events like these just make me more and more scared to be near or associate myself with any person who I know follows Islam.

I know for a fact that sane minded, kind hearted Islam-followers exist...but as the days go by, there's just more and more proof of the increasing percentage of them who are absolutely mental.

The patern is occuring often enough to convince me (and countless others) that the teachings of this religion are either extremely poorly-defined (how do some people interpret the same book to promote peace and tolerance, while others it to promote intolerance and mass-genocide?!)...or generally just poisonous.

I'm aware that the same deeds were done in the name of the Holy Bible, but those were in the dark ages where the population was uncivilized and uneducated. Sure Christian fanatics exist, but they're not causing world-wide trouble and genocide...not like Islamic fanatics. I myself used to be a Christian and it is truly one of the most tolerant and peaceful religions (along with Bhuddism).

As a civilization we're far more intelligent now and I don't see hundreds of terrorist attacks happening in the name of Buddah or Jesus, but the terms "terrorist" "extremist" etc have become synonomous with the word "Islam". Why is this so? What is up with that religion?

cikame

Jun 11, 2008
Why do the religious respond to anti religion with violence, their gods are gods, it's not like people who don't believe is going to make their deity disappear.
Is this childish behavior, violence or other violence like it supposed to make me believe? And if it is, is it through fear or... some kind of desperation?
Stay away from me i have as much a right to ignore religeon as you do to believe.

SciMal

Dec 10, 2011
geK0 said:
Is this still over that video that was posted a while back? Why are US embassies being attacked over this? I don't get it...
Some people were paid to riot. Some people worked under a different context and thought the United States Government endorsed the extrmely anti-Islam film. Others were just very Conservative Muslims who heard the same idiot who burned their holy book also made a film portraying their Prophet as a paedophile and went apeshit.

My favorite ascertation was on the NPR website: "So a bunch of extremely conservative Christians made a shitty amateur movie that pissed off a bunch of extremely consevative Muslims and now people are dead. Why don't we put all of the extremely conservative groups on an island and then let them fight their own fights?"

Don't get me wrong. I'll defend the Pastor's Right to make a movie saying whatever he wants to say, but the Right to Free Speech doesn't protect somebody from the consequences of said speech, and this asswipe already cost people their lives last year when he burned Korans from the safety of his church's backyard several hundred miles away from any Muslim.

Tippy

Jul 3, 2012
cikame said:
Why do the religious respond to anti religion with violence, their gods are gods, it's not like people who don't believe is going to make their deity disappear.
Is this childish behavior, violence or other violence like it supposed to make me believe? And if it is, is it through fear or... some kind of desperation?
Stay away from me i have as much a right to ignore religeon as you do to believe.
In these times most regligions promote tolerance towards other religions and non-religious people. I know for sure that Christianity and Bhuddism promote peace and respect for everyone as humans regardless of their belief (or lack of).

Islam is probably the only remaining mass-scale religion where many believers still stick to acts of violence/murder against non-believers (or anything that goes against them), it's like they're stuck in an extremely primite mindset.

Lionsfan

I miss my old avatar
Jan 29, 2010
Redlin5 said:
Okay, so a few protesters means Australia hates America. Gotcha OP.

Worst washrooms ever.
Gaaah!!!

Seriously, that's an appropriate "What the Hell Australia" thread

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
So this is what sparks the End War? I mean really? The Great Battle of Ragnarok/Armageddon was instigated by some douhe making a fucking video about Muhammad?

The big burger represents my expectations for what would start The End War, the regular burger is that fucking video.

Ishigami

Sep 1, 2011
Loonyyy said:
Can I add one to the list? The Onion-I hear it's pretty accurate...
IMO The Onion is always spot on, like Titanic.

Check this out: http://www.theonion.com/articles/no-one-murdered-because-of-this-image,29553/

Awesome.

AdumbroDeus

Feb 26, 2010
DugMachine said:
What I find funny is how attacking fucking embassies is somehow sending a message. Attacking and killing innocent diplomats and workers who had NOTHING to do with the film seems logical to extremist whack jobs.

Guess that's why they're extremist. *shrug* just wish this would all stop.

Well for MOST islamic countries, there's very tight restrictions on speech, if you intend to do a movie it has to be approved by the government. That in turn means that movies that come out in that country are essentially endorsed by the government at least tacitly in that it falls within the sphere of "approved viewpoints".

For a country under say, the Saudi throne, by letting this exist, that means the United States is endorsing it, therefore is a fair for their anger, and these embassies are literal US territory that's very accessible.

Of course, Australia has no excuse.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Ishigami said:
Loonyyy said:
Can I add one to the list? The Onion-I hear it's pretty accurate...
IMO The Onion is always spot on, like Titanic.

Check this out: http://www.theonion.com/articles/no-one-murdered-because-of-this-image,29553/

Awesome.
Only $20 to get that on a t-shirt? I'd say that's money well spent!

manic_depressive13

Dec 28, 2008
To be fair, while there were a few inflammatory signs, that was a peaceful protest until the police showed up in droves and started pepper spraying children and setting their dogs on people. It escalated from there. Who gives a fuck if they like Osama. You don't start mowing down peaceful protesters just because you don't agree with what they say.

Zyst

Jan 15, 2010
harmonic said:
Zyst said:
I'm more surprised that you think every nation has to like yours.
"Like"? We frankly don't give a shit of you like us. We just ask that you don't start violent protests. There *is* a happy medium, you know.

PS I'm well aware that these people don't represent the whole of Australia. By the way, this consideration is a courtesy rarely afforded to Americans.
Again, why do you think you deserve that consideration?

I live in Mexico and we don't expect anyone to like us, and if we like someone it's mostly arbitrary. I think that's the main reason a lot of people I know don't like the US, the population feels like they are entitled to a lot of stuff..

Don't get me wrong, I do like the US, my Grandma is a citizen, my mother is a citizen and I am a citizen, I really do like the US, I just don't like a lot of the people there.