Sony Admits Private PSN Info Has Been Stolen - All Of It

meece

Apr 15, 2008
Look on the bright side. If this was organized crime this would have been a much, much bigger issue. The fact that whoever got it hasn't been screaming it at the tops of their 'net lungs means that either they:
a) didn't know
b) are using it as we speak

If it's anon it's most likely A. If it's B then....bad things.

Dumori

Dumori(masoddaa)
May 28, 2010
Xzi said:
Korten12 said:
Xzi said:
Korten12 said:
Also everyone is saying how bad their security is when no one knows what it is but the Hackers.

For all we know it could've been increadibly hard to get into. Hackers are known to be persistant.
And despite all their persistence, all they've managed to do throughout the years to other large entities, such as Facebook or Visa or Amazon, is get a hold of the information of a few people through those services. Not the the whole fucking database. Sony is just as much to blame as the hackers here, if not more so. And the people who bought their product and used their service have every right to be mad at them for not providing the expected amount of security.
Now thats just stupid: if not more so? Really? Sorry but this would have never happened if not for the Hackers. All of this is there fault. Like I said, Sony should've had been security on this part, BUT, its the Hackers who is the center of the problem.
Yes, more so. Again, hackers are always out there. So you don't make a system with lackluster security and then go, "oh well, if they hack it then it's their fault for being bad people." You fucking take preventative measures before it happens, not after.

When people use your service, there's a certain amount of trust that goes into that. They're trusting that you know what the fuck you're doing security-wise. Sony obviously didn't, and therefore that trust was betrayed. Worse, that betrayal will cost people money, and a lot of time fighting identity theft.
That is like not locking you car and leaving the keys in it and saying it only got stolen due to the theavs while true you're hardly in a place to complain or claim any from of insurance. While I am deeply hoping this is due to a massively inventive hack if not Sony is FUCKED!

Cipher1

Feb 28, 2011
"It also regrets any inconvenience."

Is that it I'm sorry but losing EVERYTHING is not an inconvenience its a fucking disaster.

AndyFromMonday

Feb 5, 2009
The hackers are going to be filthy rich if they manage to sell all this info. Still, this isn't the work of "anon". Someone saw their threats against Sony and used this opportunity to get all the data thinking the spotlight would be on anon rather than them.

Detective Prince

Feb 6, 2011
Thank GOD it's my old email and password on PSN and that I never bought any games off there. God hackers want us to sympathise with their cause and then pull shit like this. >.> I seriously hate hackers.

Colinmac93

Mar 20, 2011
GAAAAAAH!!!! Damn you Sony! PSN going down was bad enough, but then you drop this bombshell on us? Nice of you to tell us a week after it happened.

Moriarty

Apr 29, 2009
tony2077 said:
Moriarty said:
tony2077 said:
Moriarty said:
Oscar90 said:
Anyone who originally blamed anonymous probably feels pretty stupid right about now.
nah look at the tread. Anyone who origninally blamed anonymous still does because all hackers are the same.

Why would a political activist group try to steal user data and credit card info? well duh because they're hackers
who ever did it is still anonymous so doesn't really change who your blaming it could be the group or some other nobody
Well you have to make a difference between the verb and the group. Not everyone who hides their identity visits /b and not everyone who's a regular on /b is in Anonymous.
when someone is anonymous it mean you don't know them so is there really a difference at this point
the point is:

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/anonymous is not the same as http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anonymous_%28group%29 simple enough?

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
Magenera said:
So how screwed am I if I do my payment through PSN cash card from like 7 eleven? I mean I only bought one card.
if you don't have a credit card on there other then changing your password there is nothing to worry about

midpipps

Feb 23, 2009
I think a point you are all missing is they are not stating that the credit cards have been compromised which makes me think either they are heavily encrypted and they are not sure if the person who stole the data will be able to get it out or that they are not sure whether the person even got that information.

If you have ever tried to track down an attack on a system it is not easy especially if people know how to cover tracks. It can take alot of time and alot of work to go through a full system and the only ones I am really familiar with are small compared to PSN so I am guessing it takes even longer. There is a good possibility they are releasing information as they are getting details back.

I do hold some blame on sony for allowing it to happen I place most of blame on the person or persons who did it. If my accounts do get compromised I will place some of the blame on me for using my cards online. It is a risk we all take when using our credit info online.

There has been numerous other attacks and I would say there are alot of companies that have been attacked probably did not even post it like sony has. So at least they are feeding us information. Which is a small consolation for our data getting out but unless someone can prove otherwise I will give sony the benefit of the doubt that they are giving us info as it becomes available.

setting_son

Apr 14, 2009
Michael Flick said:
zxBARRICADExz said:
dont get me wrong... i love my ps3's games.. but the security of the 360 and XBL is quite alot more hardcore than the PSN..
How is the XBL system more "hardcore" exactly?
Bill Gates guards it personally in an underwater fortress off the coast of Greenland. Also all the user data is on 3.5 inch floppy disks that need to be placed in the drive by Bill himself whenever an XBL user wants to play online.

It's why there's a subscription fee.

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
This is why I view almost all hackers as evil. You can't expect someone with that much power to use it for the forces of good. I hope they catch these bastards and make 'em pay.

zelda2fanboy

Oct 6, 2009
Big deal. Is there any credit card holder on here who doesn't check his/her statement when it comes in?

greenitedaze

Dec 2, 2010
On a serious note, (not that having the majority of of your billing, financial, and personal details freely distributed balls deep to the world isn't serious) but why oh why has it taken Phony a week to inform us. Standing at the the back of the room with pants full of shit, waving a hand in the air for permission yo go to the bathroom! Nice one Phony ! What are you going to do for an encore? Curl one off on my dear Grandmothers grave?

Now, I'm not going to get all offensive and suggest we all an buy Xbox (Please don't put me one probation for the word usage), but make me believe Sony that you give more than a legalese toss about your customers!?

wrecker77

May 31, 2008
Sony, really? This is is terrible. Nothing is really going to be the same after this. I still can't believe it happened. I'm awe struck.

Shits about to hit the fan.