Sony Still Unsure About Credit Card Leak on PSN

MetroidNut

Sep 2, 2009
Hm. So I'm paying Microsoft sixty bucks a year, and in return, they'll prevent week-long hacker-induced network crashes from stealing my identity. Suddenly Xbox Live doesn't seem like such a bad idea.

JDKJ

Oct 23, 2010
MetroidNut said:
Hm. So I'm paying Microsoft sixty bucks a year, and in return, they'll prevent week-long hacker-induced network crashes from stealing my identity. Suddenly Xbox Live doesn't seem like such a bad idea.
Don't count your chickens 'til your eggs go rotten. http://www.engadget.com/2008/01/03/xbox-live-outage-day-13-still-up-and-down-still-preventing-fu/

beema

Aug 19, 2009
Usually I don't let websites and stuff store my credit card info because of things like this. However, I think PSN automatically stores it, whether you want it to or not, right? Seems like grounds for suits there...
Hopefully I remembered to delete mine, but not sure.... and there's no way for me to check until these bombaclots fix the network.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
Whether Anonymous is responsible doesn't even matter really. They aren't thieves. They never worked to shut down the entire network previously, they harassed by shutting down websites.

They didn't do it.

But, Sony can't confirm, nor deny if any credit card or identity information was taken. They simply acknowledge that it was a possibility.

Here is a story: Illiteracy strikes EscapistMagazine.com! No one can read anything but the sensationalist titles of the poorly written articles!

Sixties Spidey

Elite Member
Jan 24, 2008
Are you seriously telling me that in nearly a week, you made almost no fucking effort to figure out if the personal information of your 70 million users is in jepoardy? Really?! I don't care whatever Sony says regarding the situation. There's literally no fucking excuse as to why Sony couldn't have made sure that our account information wasn't leaked during the downtime.

JDKJ

Oct 23, 2010
Baresark said:
Whether Anonymous is responsible doesn't even matter really. They aren't thieves. They never worked to shut down the entire network previously, they harassed by shutting down websites.

They didn't do it.

But, Sony can't confirm, nor deny if any credit card or identity information was taken. They simply acknowledge that it was a possibility.

Here is a story: Illiteracy strikes EscapistMagazine.com! No one can read anything but the sensationalist titles of the poorly written articles!
Ain't that the Truth!! Or, possibly, they read just enough to give 'em a soapbox on which to stand and once they've got that, they're up and running.

MetroidNut

Sep 2, 2009
JDKJ said:
MetroidNut said:
Don't count your chickens 'til your eggs go rotten. http://www.engadget.com/2008/01/03/xbox-live-outage-day-13-still-up-and-down-still-preventing-fu/
Oh, good, I can go back to fuming at Microsoft in peace. :D

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Shit happens when hacks are involved.

I'll watch for suspicious charges and report them to my bank. Or my bank will call me about suspicious charges...

GestaltEsper

Oct 11, 2009
Thing I don't get about Anonymous, rather the concept of it: If someone talks about "going after members of Anonymous" roughly 80% of the responses are "Anon is not a group" or "everyone is Anonymous," yet when stuff like this happens people will quickly point out that the perp is not part of Anonymous.

...Which is it?

Alphakirby

May 22, 2009
I can't wait to see them try to use my RECHARGABLE PREPAID CARD and get denied a million times!!! I'LL GET THE POPCORN!!! =D

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
JDKJ said:
SinisterGehe said:
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
Hahahahahaha.

Oh WOW.

Hahahahah. Oh my fucking god. Thats terrible. I dont know why im laughing. But thats just such an amazing fuck up. Seriously Sony. Just... WOW.
You wouldn't be happy if your information got stolen and you would get spiraled to something like operation ORE, just and only because your info was stolen. Or are you one of those people who laugh at those who get hit by car front of you?
Hit and killed or hit and left with only minor injuries? 'Cause if it's only the latter, then I must confess to having giggled at that sight.
My brother got hit twice right in front of me, the only thing that made it so damn funny was how much he was laughing about it, LOL. He was hit without a scratch, which is by far the funniest one.

Jodah

Aug 2, 2008
I like how people are acting like this is the worst thing to happen since Hitler. This crap happens all the time to different companies. This is the first major problem the PSN has had and its a free service. The only people that have any legitimate complaint are PSN Gold members and I wouldn't be surprised if Sony gives them a week free. In a digital world shit is going to go down. Deal with it.

If you are truly concerned about your credit care info, make a 3 minute phone call to your bank and have them get you a new card. They do that free of charge.

JDKJ

Oct 23, 2010
MetroidNut said:
JDKJ said:
MetroidNut said:
Oh, good, I can go back to fuming at Microsoft in peace. :D
I, too, hate being left without a good reason to fume. Therefore, I'm always on the look-out for reasons. Thankfully, I've found that if you look hard enough, sooner or later you'll find all the reason you need.

beema

Aug 19, 2009
Oh, btw, I just went to the PSN website to see if I could login to my account, and this happened:

LOL

you suck Sony

CopperBoom

Nov 11, 2009
mireko said:
This is worrying, but it remains to be seen what the attack actually was. Until we have more information, I guess now is a good time to make sure you aren't mysteriously buying cars in Hong Kong.

TehIrishSoap said:
Wow, this is like Die Hard 4..... Except this situation isn't great fun to watch.
So it's pretty much exactly like Die Hard 4, then?

[small]Oh![/small]
I love that one, even if you have to watch the unrated cut to get the real one.
It is dumb but loads of fun.
I think.

I just turned on my PS3 for the first time since Heavy Rain last year and because of this issue I cannot register my game to get some random freebie in my 360 version of Dragon Age II.

Ay ya yai!

JDKJ

Oct 23, 2010
Baresark said:
JDKJ said:
SinisterGehe said:
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
Hahahahahaha.

Oh WOW.

Hahahahah. Oh my fucking god. Thats terrible. I dont know why im laughing. But thats just such an amazing fuck up. Seriously Sony. Just... WOW.
You wouldn't be happy if your information got stolen and you would get spiraled to something like operation ORE, just and only because your info was stolen. Or are you one of those people who laugh at those who get hit by car front of you?
Hit and killed or hit and left with only minor injuries? 'Cause if it's only the latter, then I must confess to having giggled at that sight.
My brother got hit twice right in front of me, the only thing that made it so damn funny was how much he was laughing about it, LOL. He was hit without a scratch, which is by far the funniest one.
I just had a mental picture of some kid getting his foot run over by all the tires of a big-ass tractor-trailer and thereafter jumping up and down on his one good leg in the middle of the intersection. And I ain't gonna lie . . . the thought of it made me LOL.

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
Okay... what the hell does that picture have to do with anything? I'm just saying.

Jodah said:
I like how people are acting like this is the worst thing to happen since Hitler. This crap happens all the time to different companies. This is the first major problem the PSN has had and its a free service. The only people that have any legitimate complaint are PSN Gold members and I wouldn't be surprised if Sony gives them a week free. In a digital world shit is going to go down. Deal with it.
Having your credit card number stolen (which MOST users use to get DLC) is a pretty big deal dude.

JDKJ

Oct 23, 2010
beema said:
Oh, btw, I just went to the PSN website to see if I could login to my account, and this happened:

LOL

you suck Sony
Well, shit, if the site's down, then it's technically impossible to present their certificates to a browser. Therefore, the browser's gonna treat them as a suspect site. It's got nothing to do with "trust."