South Park RPG Class List Includes the Jew

jimbob123432

Apr 8, 2011
Kanatatsu said:
jimbob123432 said:
Korten12 said:
jimbob123432 said:
Meh. It's a way to grab attention
No... It's not, it's based off of the show and thus it being, Cartmans class he made up, it was only logical based on the show. It isn't becauase:

"LOL we can get some some publicity with this!"
Now, granted, I am not a huge South Park fan, but shouldn't there also be a "Black" class or an "Asian" class by that logic? In fact, they are constantly ragging on blacks and asians during the course of the show almost as much as they are Jews, so shouldn't those 2 sectors of humanity also have their own class?

Also, as a side note, why is "Jew" the paladin class? Speaking as an avid tabletop gamer, I think the wandering, storytelling history of the Jewish people would lend itself more to the bard class rather than the extremist paladin class.
That question has been asnwered about 5 times on this thread. It's an inside joke related to the D+D/LOTR episode. It's a very funny inside joke too.
I know of the joke, and I can't believe I missed it! Still, I would like to bring the conversation back to the original start point: the inclusion of one of the more inflammatory parts of South Park (the usage of "Jew" as an insult) is just a way to grab attention.

Bostur said:
jimbob123432 said:
Now, granted, I am not a huge South Park fan, but shouldn't there also be a "Black" class or an "Asian" class by that logic? In fact, they are constantly ragging on blacks and asians during the course of the show almost as much as they are Jews, so shouldn't those 2 sectors of humanity also have their own class?
My first reaction was that I want to play the 'Canadian' class, because they look hilarious. But I think the joke is that they have a number of stereotypical RPG classes and one that defies logic and doesn't make sense. The joke would break if they make more than one of those.
I understand this logic, but it still raises the question for me: if it's not meant to grab attention, why not pick "Canadian" instead of "Jew" and leave it at that? As a Canadian, I don't think as many people would offended by a "Canadian" class as those offended by a "Jew" class.

In short, I still believe that this tactic is just a way to grab the few threads of interest and importance this series is still clinging to. It's akin to Family Guy getting more and more insane and non-sequitur; it's a producer/director/writer flailing in the background trying to grab people's waning attention. That's what I think at least.

Jimmybobjr

Aug 3, 2010
I once recall a Futurama game- When i was just a small lad, my brother of about 20 years rented the game from a Video Store. I dont remember much more about it..

*TO GOOGLE!*

Well that was kinda easy in the end...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Futurama_%28video_game%29

PS2 game, ages ago. But it exists.

TheIronRuler

Mar 18, 2011
jimbob123432 said:
Korten12 said:
jimbob123432 said:
No... It's not, it's based off of the show and thus it being, Cartmans class he made up, it was only logical based on the show. It isn't becauase:

Also, as a side note, why is "Jew" the paladin class? Speaking as an avid tabletop gamer, I think the wandering, storytelling history of the Jewish people would lend itself more to the bard class rather than the extremist paladin class.
Because it is in the show. The Jew character wanted to be a Paladin, but Cartman, the Dungeon Master of sorts said that Jews can't be Paladins. Hence why Jews are Paladins in the game.

jimbob123432

Apr 8, 2011
TheIronRuler said:
jimbob123432 said:
Korten12 said:
jimbob123432 said:

Because it is in the show. The Jew character wanted to be a Paladin, but Cartman, the Dungeon Master of sorts said that Jews can't be Paladins. Hence why Jews are Paladins in the game.
If that's true, that's REALLY weak reasoning. I would have thought it's because they're religious, but whatever. That's just my thoughts.

thereverend7

Aug 13, 2010
Valanthe said:
Fox is gonna have a field day with this, and it will be GLORIOUS.
This. This, so hard. And I can't wait.

OT, I did a double take when I got my game informer. after reading every word of the article/interview, smiling the whole time, i can definitely say this is going to be an awesome game. i seriously just have no doubt in my mind.

I mean, FUCK. they did broadway. South Park: Paper Mario Fantasy 7 just looks small in comparison, ya know?

AnotherAvatar

Sep 18, 2011
JayDig said:
Jimmybobjr said:
i -HATE- Southpark. Its Vulgar, its Racist, Its Frankly Discusting, And it really seems to only cater for Lowest-Common Denominator Humor. I mean, Ive seen snippets of the show, and there are only so many ways that a show can make Penis jokes. I also saw part of the World of Warcraft eppisode, but stopped watching after one of the characters Defecated on his mothers face For Absolutely no reason .

Horrible show, This will be a horrible game, and the world will be worse for it.
I would be more inclined to agree with you if we were taking about Family Guy. I don't care much for Seth MacFarlane shows. By comparison South Park seems clever and coherent.

If you ever watch it again, try to watch a full episode. Without context an individual scene may seem like pointless vulgarity, but it is a satire show, so you can't take things totally literally.

They do use allegorical bodily excretions quite a lot though, so if you're just not into dirty humour, foul language and characters you're not supposed to like or agree with,... then no amount of storytelling or characterization will change your mind.

That said, what I really want is a Futurama game.

There was a futurama game, and it sucked beyond belief.

I couldn't agree more on what you said however. I actually find the show very clever, sometimes amazingly so. It's more than the sum of it's parts, and before judgment should be passed you really should sit through a whole 20 minutes.

AnotherAvatar

Sep 18, 2011
jimbob123432 said:
TheIronRuler said:
jimbob123432 said:
Korten12 said:
jimbob123432 said:

If that's true, that's REALLY weak reasoning. I would have thought it's because they're religious, but whatever. That's just my thoughts.
I still like my reasoning that it's because the jewish people are at their best when they're beat down (as shown by history), which is what the power sounds like in the game.

Bostur

Mar 14, 2011
jimbob123432 said:
I understand this logic, but it still raises the question for me: if it's not meant to grab attention, why not pick "Canadian" instead of "Jew" and leave it at that? As a Canadian, I don't think as many people would offended by a "Canadian" class as those offended by a "Jew" class.

In short, I still believe that this tactic is just a way to grab the few threads of interest and importance this series is still clinging to. It's akin to Family Guy getting more and more insane and non-sequitur; it's a producer/director/writer flailing in the background trying to grab people's waning attention. That's what I think at least.

Part of the idea of the South Park humour is to poke at topics that are better left alone. My instinctive reaction when I hear about a Jew class is "Don't go there, just don't". But it wouldn't be South Park unless they did. I think the best humour is the one that takes me out of my comfort zone and offends me a little. Being offended can be a good thing.

So they probably chose the Jew class partly because it was a joke in one of the shows, and partly because it's more offending than a black class, or a Canadian class. So yes they are trying to get attention in that way, that was always one theme of the series.

jimbob123432

Apr 8, 2011
AnotherAvatar said:
jimbob123432 said:
TheIronRuler said:
jimbob123432 said:
Korten12 said:
jimbob123432 said:

I still like my reasoning that it's because the jewish people are at their best when they're beat down (as shown by history), which is what the power sounds like in the game.
I guess it IS ultimately dependent on the definition of "Paladin". I'm using the D&D definition, which is one of a wealthy knight defending their religion with a fanatical devotion, something I've never seen in South Park (outside of the Mormons and he Scientologists).

AnotherAvatar

Sep 18, 2011
jimbob123432 said:
AnotherAvatar said:
jimbob123432 said:
TheIronRuler said:
jimbob123432 said:
Korten12 said:
jimbob123432 said:

I guess it IS ultimately dependent on the definition of "Paladin". I'm using the D&D definition, which is one of a wealthy knight defending their religion with a fanatical devotion, something I've never seen in South Park (outside of the Mormons and he Scientologists).
The real logic that the game seems to be using is that Cartman is the dungeon master and is just being his usual racist self, segregating Kyle.

However, Mormon paladins sound fucking awesome!

Also, does anyone else want a boss fight with Tom Cruse? OR MAYBE WITH XENU?!!!!

userwhoquitthesite

Jul 23, 2009
Jimmybobjr said:
i -HATE- Southpark. Its Vulgar, its Racist, Its Frankly Discusting, And it really seems to only cater for Lowest-Common Denominator Humor. I mean, Ive seen snippets of the show, and there are only so many ways that a show can make Penis jokes. I also saw part of the World of Warcraft eppisode, but stopped watching after one of the characters Defecated on his mothers face For Absolutely no reason .

Horrible show, This will be a horrible game, and the world will be worse for it.
penis jokes are actually fairly rare, jokes about minorities and hippies being worthless trash folk are more common, with a provision for mexicans because cartman can use them for labor.

Also, it wasn't for no reason. If you watched the show, you'd know it is actually an expertly crafted metaphor speaking on the topic of antiquated gender politics, patriotism, and the beautious act of lovemaking. I don't blame you for not getting it, as to understand it, you have to be watching the show very regularly, or else it seems like a bizarre dhiarrhea gag. It's actually quite profound, and all the more so for its simplicity.

Amirite, fellas?

AnotherAvatar

Sep 18, 2011
8-Bit_Jack said:
Jimmybobjr said:

penis jokes are actually fairly rare, jokes about minorities and hippies being worthless trash folk are more common, with a provision for mexicans because cartman can use them for labor.

Also, it wasn't for no reason. If you watched the show, you'd know it is actually an expertly crafted metaphor speaking on the topic of antiquated gender politics, patriotism, and the beautious act of lovemaking. I don't blame you for not getting it, as to understand it, you have to be watching the show very regularly, or else it seems like a bizarre dhiarrhea gag. It's actually quite profound, and all the more so for its simplicity.

Amirite, fellas?
This is why forums need a like button.

Furism

Sep 10, 2009
Jimmybobjr said:

I take it you didn't like the Terrance and Phillip in Not Without My Anus [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrance_and_Phillip_in_Not_Without_My_Anus] special episodes they made specifically for people like you, then?

The Sydney Morning Herald noted the episode contained 29 separate fart jokes in the span of 22 minutes.
That's 1.3 fart joke per minute.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
The combat sounds like it will be a combination of Paper Mario and Final Fantasy VII. It will be turned-based but you'll definitely get chances to react to attacks with a timed button press.
So it will be like Paper Mario then... Sicne that pretty much is both turn based and reaction based without the comparison of Final Fantasy...