Space Invaders Movie Might Be On Its Way

MetaKnight19

Jul 8, 2009
I can just imagine the characters fighting off the invaders, then suddenly spotting the UFO fly over the top of them. The lead character then says 'Quick, shoot the UFO, it'll give us 50 extra points!'

AkJay said:
I hope all gamers everywhere can join me in a universal *Facepalm*.
Agreed

Composer

Aug 3, 2009
Simalacrum said:
how... exactly... are you meant to make SPACE INVADERS into a movie?!
get the rights, add a script written in the car ride to the set, and a token black guy, and walaa!!

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
I thought we already had a space invaders movie and it was called Independence Day.

Seriously, what the hell are they thinking. If you're going to turn a classic arcade game into a film, you do that with goddamn Sinistar and nothing else. Sinistar already has the basics of a plot and all you need to do is turn it (Sinistar) into a rampaging star-eating war machine that needs to be stopped at all cost.

Double A

Jul 29, 2009
How... wha... the hell? I honestly don't know how ANYONE can pull a plot out of Space Invaders. Or Asteroids. Missile Command... sort of. But it still wouldn't make any sense.

heyheysg

Jul 13, 2009
Taito: OK, so we have about 5 sprites, given the current market price, popularity, how about 1 million per sprite? As well as 20% of all merchandising and dvd sales of course.

Hollywood: Ok Done Deal.

Tiamat666

Level 80 Legendary Postlord
Dec 4, 2007
It could be a two-hour demo of space invaders.

With high-definition pixels and surround sound.

AceDiamond said:
I thought we already had a space invaders movie and it was called Independence Day.

Actually, we had The War of the Worlds before that, then Independence Day, then The War of the Worlds, again.

NotAPie

Jan 19, 2009
How do you even...Nevermind, but this is bullshit! D:< confusing bullshit.

zyoto12

Aug 23, 2009
The Rogue Wolf said:
Fniff said:
Jaredin said:
Fniff said:
Daveman said:
Seriously, how do they even do that? It doesn't even have a plot.
Hutchy_Bear said:
AkJay said:
I hope all gamers everywhere can join me in a universal *Facepalm*.
I'll see your facepalm and raise you a facedesk.
*faceknife* what do you say to tha... oh fuck my face!
*Face gun*

AGH MY FACE!

It hurts!
*Face missile*

This...this is just too much...plot? Where? Brains...gone...
*Face Nuclear Bomb*

FUUU--

*Dead*

Ow.
I will trump you all!

*earthface*

That's right, I've slammed the ENTIRE EARTH into my face to express what a stupid idea this is!

Are we someday going to look back wistfully at those halcyon days when Hollywood was content with making merely terrible knockoff movies of current-day franchises?
*Face face* nuf' said.