Space Janitors: Episode One

kitz

Feb 24, 2012
well that was pretty boring and the acting seemed a bit forced...expected more considering this isn't even an original concept. fail imo

Mikeyfell

Elite Member
Aug 24, 2010
It's already better than the Star Wars prequels.
That's not saying much... But keep up the good work anyway.

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
Okay, I really like this. There is so much you can do here. The premise is just perfect, the two characters we are introduced to are familiar but interesting, and being some sort of Star Wars (Or heck, Sci-fi in general) parody from a perspective I don't think has been taken before shows good thinking and I can't wait until the series starts.

Calumon: Hey, we already pay for the pub wub dub club! I don't wanna pay again!

Jack: You don't pay, I do! You cost ME money!

Calumon: :3

Vie

Nov 18, 2009
Red Dwarf crossed with Star Wars.

Hum, it's not bad (the effects are particularly notable for a web show) though the acting comes off rather flat. But that's something that tends to improve with time, so... ..yeh I'll give it a go.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Loved it, especially the Spaceballs reference. Are they Assholes ;)? I'm looking forward to future episodes.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
That was actually better than I expected, acting was a little weird at times, but I'd imagine it would get better as they put up new episodes.

So, I'm hooked now.
Atobe-sama said:
Does anyone else think that looked like the Reboot symbol on their arms?
Yeah it kinda did. I was half expecting one of them to tap it, not that I think anything special was going to happen, but just for giggles.

happy_turtle

Apr 11, 2010
MorganL4 said:
Anyone else immediately think Red Dwarf? Because the whole time that was all I could think of.
Yeah it seems to be Red Dwarf meets Star Wars. Although judging from the extra characters we've yet to see (mentioned in the meet the crew) they've got more than enough original ideas to prevent it from seeming like a rip off.

The concept has promise and the writing shows some knowledge of sci-fi (e.g. soylent green reference). But for what seems to be essentially a comedy, there wasn't any one line that made me laugh aloud. Hopefully it's just something that'll take time to settle.

SniperMacFox

Suffer not the Flamer to live
Jun 26, 2009
Yes. Best of luck. Shame that your budget couldn't get the shiniest of green screens, but then there's always Season 2 ;-)

Hope the episodes are as good/better than the pilot.

Caeltyr

Oct 17, 2011
When I first saw the ads for this, I thought:
"This could go in two directions. It could be a genuine, low key production with some scathing satirical humor with a naturalized approach to the setting, or it could be a sitcom in space."
*after watching the video* ...sigh... I hate sitcoms. I'm still willing to give this a chance, but it's not starting well.

ritchards

Non-gamer in a gaming world
Nov 20, 2009
I see what you tried to do there... but why set it in the Star Wars universe? (Or rather, the Space Fights universe...)
Yeah, I'm aware of Red Dwarf(*). I'm also aware of Quark (need to go finish watching that some time).
It was too 'one note' that went on too long for me.
(And is the CGI supposed to look that unfinished? And yes, I spotted the ReBoot patch as well.)

(* I have also seen the travesty that was American Red Dwarf. Please don't try to translate British humour, it rarely work.)

Rodney Jackson

Oct 11, 2011
In terms of writing, I like it. Though in terms of set design it could probably stand to have a bit more color. I know other sci-fi ships don't sport rainbow pallets but there's still enough there to keep it visually sound. This came across as a bit anemic what with the white and light grey with sitcom lighting.

Digikid

Dec 29, 2007
1.) Spartan Helmets with Stormtrooper suits?
2.) REBOOT insignias?
3.) Roomba brooms?

Not sure what to think. The animation was jerky as well.

I'll give it a few episodes to see if it is worthwhile or not.

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
Interesting, very interesting. This show shows a lot of potential, I'll be keeping an eye on this.

weker

May 27, 2009
This seems like it will worth be keeping an eye on, however it didn't seem to provoke any emotion or real theme apart from parody, and even then that was only the framing, and didn't really work it for any jokes or anything.

Interesting but so far it's only really make observations with parody, lets see how this turns out in episode 2.

Most Escapist series are always iffy on the first episode.