Space Janitors: Episode One

MintyNinja

Sep 17, 2009
Okay, I think I'll be honest here. I didn't care going into this video, and I didn't care coming out of it. The dialogue felt... forced. I think that's the word I wanna use. And did anyone else think the video seemed... slower(?) than expected? All in all, it didn't catch my attention.

I'm sorry Escapist, but I really don't think I can be as rabid a fan of your site as I used to be. Now I'm just here for a few videos and comics and I don't even check more than once a day. Thanks for trying, of course, but as an average person, it's not for me.

jboking

Oct 10, 2008
Interesting show, guys. I liked the focus on character, keep it up.

I liked how the imperial clones had master chief masks. I don't suppose they were named Resistance 2 and Section 8. Ha...ha...yeah, never mind.

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
Huh. Interesting.

Well, the star wars vibe is pretty strong with this one, but on the other hand this really made me think of Red Dwarf.

Oh. And Space Quest. (What with Roger Wilko being the space janitor and all. Janitor onboard deepship 86... Hell, even when he was the captain of his own ship, it was still a garbage scow... XD)

Fayathon

Professional Lurker
Nov 18, 2009
The premise is something I've been wanting to see for a while now, but I'm always a bit cautious about the delivery on these things.

So far though, I'm looking forward to more, the humor is pretty solid and I'll be coming back for more.

One last thing, why am I getting a pubclub ad, when I am pubclub?

ComicsAreWeird

Oct 14, 2010
Looks promising. Not Lough out loud funny, but entertaining. I´ll be checking out the next episode for sure.

Cyrin

Dec 24, 2008
YES, A thousand times yes!
This looks like it should be good.

Also, most places would grind to a halt if the Janitors ever stopped doing the their job.
Easily replaced but still very necessary for large organisations to function.

Alfador_VII

Nov 2, 2009
It reminds me a lot of Red Dwarf, with even less effects budget, with obvious Star Wars overtones.

The CGI has some decent design, but it REALLY needs to be rendered at a more consistent higher framerate, it was really hard to watch at the end, it was so jerky.

Looking promising though.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
Okay, this looks to have some real potential. I'm curious where they are going to go with it. I noticed that the rebels were named in the credits, so it seems they might have more than just a passing presence in the series. It had a definite Star Wars flavor, but they were obviously trying to play that down a bit. I sort of feel like this should be a 30 minute sitcom to really get a feel for the characters, though.

Susan Arendt said:
You know, someday....I'll be someone worth shooting at.
If it's any consolation, I think you already are.

Apr 28, 2008
Not bad. A bit rough, but things will hopefully improve in the future. Love the concept, hope to see it grow.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
I didn't hate it, but there wasn't much to like about it, either.

I'll give it a shot, but it didn't bowl me over.

OZITOMAI

Jul 8, 2009
its not too bad, i actually like it, i wouldnt mind watching more of it, but it does get weird with the green screen, but i understand about that

DoomyMcDoom

Jul 4, 2008
I saw it and thought "I like space, I used to be a janitor, I gotta see this!" and it was pretty good, lookin forward to more episodes.

alen456645

May 13, 2009
They have been on several network shows in Canada. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZUccNMeQ1E&feature=related

antoine64

Feb 25, 2012
I liked it. I thought it was funny. The 3D was decent and the set was cool. I also couldn't tell the difference between what part (if any ) of the set was real or CG. The acting was good. I liked the beginning with the spray bottle. I am finishing production on my sci-fi feature called Space Trucker Bruce so I am very familiar with the challenges of 3D modeling, green screen and film making in general. I look forward to seeing more of your series.

Instant K4rma

StormFella
Aug 29, 2008
I must admit, I really didn't like it. The comedy was so very bland and the dialogue was poorly delivered. The action sequence looked wonky and awkward, much like the acting. I'll watch a couple more episodes to see if they can make improvements, but so far I'm largely unimpressed.

Good luck all the same. Even if it's not my cup of tea, I hope it pans out for you guys.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
I'm pretty sure the Dark Lord does know they exist. There's no reason to have actual sentient creatures working as janitors in a universe in which robots exist other than pure, unadultered evil.

It wasn't too shabby, but I'd have preferred more of a generic space opera setting than the HEY HEY IT'S STAR WARS GET IT thing they have going. I hope the best for you guys, but I won't be watching this one.