Spain Won. Goddamn Octopus Right Again

scbunchy

Jun 26, 2009
To those talking about the Spanish diving I'd like to point to Arjen Robben, a man who has mastered the art of falling down while grabbing his right knee. Right knee, every time. I still think he's a legend of a player though.

ZhouYu671

Nov 18, 2008
12 Yellow cards to the Dutch and the Spanish were playing dirty? Wrong! De Jong's Sparta kick should have been a straight red as should most of Van Bommel's challenges, that guy is a thug.

The biggest disappointment though was the ref. He should have been less lenient than he was, not just to the Dutch but to the Spanish as well. The goal kick he awarded when it should have been a corner was a disgrace.

Overall Spain were the better team and I'm glad they won and I'm especially glad it didn't go to penalties.

Edit: Props to the octopus, guess I went off topic XD

Zap Rowsdower

Jun 24, 2010
I WAS rooting for Netherlands, but I am American and therefore don't care about football/soccer very much.

oktalist

Feb 16, 2009
Smarter than a dog, able to see the polarisation of light, able to eject mucus-ball decoys FROM ITS ANUS, and its skin is a high-speed, 500dpi colour LCD screen used for camoflague and communication.

And now it's psychic, too?

Sibbo

Mar 6, 2008
superbatranger said:
Octopus? What octopus? What octopus where? Seriously, all this talk of a psychic octopus is confusing me.
There's this octopus in the Berlin Zoo that predicts which team will win by opening a can of food marked with the flag of the winning team I believe it has been one hundred per cent correct in its predictions.

On another note peta wants the octopus released saying that keeping it in the tank is cruel.... so yeah.

Caligulove

Sep 25, 2008
I'm actually hoping that someone will try to study the octopus to learn more about it and its psychic powers or something.

Would be hilarious.

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
DrEmo said:
Berserker119 said:
FUCK THE OCTOPUS! NETHERLANDS SHOULD HAVE WON. NOT THE BUCKET OF GREASE THAT IS SPAIN. DIVING IS NOT FOOTBALL.
1. It's Soccer, not football.
Silly Puerto Rican man! It's not "soccer", that's just what the Yanks and most of Asia call it.

Grahav

Mar 13, 2009
The octopus is now king of Spain.

But it sure was a yamn match. The dutch keep beating the spanish up, and the latter didn't know how to strike to the goal.

Spain deserved the vitory for keeping up the offensive

But not only for the better quality of their last game, but also for all the world cup, Uruguay and Germany deserved the trophey more.

Ah well, congratulations to Spain and their new king.

T-Bone24

Dec 29, 2008
Either the octopus is psychic... or omnipotent.

One way or another, it must be worshipped.

ntw3001

Sep 7, 2009
I guess there's no need to hold football matches any more then. Just ask the octopus who wins and skip all the 'playing out the tournament' fuss.

BringBackBuck

Apr 1, 2009
Congrats to Spain.

That means only 1 team remained undefeated at the end of the World Cup:

NEW ZEALAND! Go the All Whites.

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Berserker119 said:
FUCK THE OCTOPUS! NETHERLANDS SHOULD HAVE WON. NOT THE BUCKET OF GREASE THAT IS SPAIN. DIVING IS NOT FOOTBALL.
But winning is

Project_Omega

Sep 7, 2009
AndyFromMonday said:
A few seconds ago Spain won the World Cup. To those who don't give a shit about football, an octopus correctly predicted the outcome of a few matches in the World Cup, including this last one.

So, what are your thoughts about this? Are you with me in the "FOR FUCKS SAKE GODDAMNIT WHY THE FUCK COULDN'T NETHERLANDS WIN!" crowd, the "HOLY FUCKING SHIT SPAIN WON WOHOHO LET'S GET WASTED!" or the "HOLY FUCKING SHIT THAT OCTOPUS WAS RIGHT LET'S KILL IT AND DISECT IT!"

EDIT: I guess I should put my opinion about the game. To be honest, the game was intense. I was cheering for Netherlands the whole way through but my dreams were shattered by Iniesta, that bastard.
People and their sad voodo magic beliefs...really pathetic. Leave the bloody octopus alone!

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
DrEmo said:
Football = Foot Ball, what you call football has neither. You use your hands and the object you throw around is not the shape of a ball - as George Carlin would say - it should be called Handegg! :D

Lunepyre

Oct 1, 2009
Sparrow said:
DrEmo said:
Berserker119 said:
Silly Puerto Rican man! It's not "soccer", that's just what the Yanks and most of Asia call it.
http://g.sports.yahoo.com/soccer/world-cup/news/its-football-to-you-soccer-to-me--fbintl_ro-soccervsfootball070110.html I found this article here rather interesting, take a look :p