Spain Won. Goddamn Octopus Right Again

Freshman

Jan 8, 2010
Well it certainly makes the case that the octopus is psychic much more plausible. its certainly got me off the "yea right, psychic my ass" bench and onto the "well their are SOME things we just can't explain" bench

Escapefromwhatever

Feb 21, 2009
The first thing I thought when I learned that Spain won the World Cup was "FUCKING OCTOPUS!!!" That thing is a demon and must be killed with fire- whilst still underwater.

SirDeadly

Feb 22, 2009
The Netherlands didn't deserve to win that game, they had no intention of playing to win right from the start. Well done Spain!

How do we know that octopus didn't get all of the games wrong? It could have predicted all of the loosing teams.

Gaderael

Apr 14, 2009
Being Canadian and having no team of my own to cheer for (C'mon Rugby World Cup 2011), it went pretty much like this:

Once France, Brazil, England, and the US were eliminated, I didn't mind who won, as I was already happy with the tournament.

I was then pushing for the Germans, as they were pretty fun to watch this year. Then I wanted the Netherlands to win, being the underdogs and all, but what can you do?

HTID Raver

Jan 7, 2010
DrEmo said:
Berserker119 said:
FUCK THE OCTOPUS! NETHERLANDS SHOULD HAVE WON. NOT THE BUCKET OF GREASE THAT IS SPAIN. DIVING IS NOT FOOTBALL.
1. It's Soccer, not football.

2. Soccer is 60% diving. To participate in a soccer team you need a Bachelor's in Theater.

3. The other 40% of the game is divided between passing the ball, kicking at nowhere in particular and doing the airplane.

I wanted the Netherlands to win. Oh, well, can't have everything you want, I suppose.
your definantly american

Disaster Button

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2009
Furburt said:
Well, that's...interesting?

I'll await the result on how exactly it can do this amazing feat. I imagine it'll be underwhelming.

Funnily enough, I had no idea the World Cup was on today.
I thought it ended weeks ago.

Regarding the octopus, we should transplant its brain into a robot and let it govern us.

black-magic

May 21, 2009
I was originally going to say let it live so it could be the new Nostradamus however, it was pointed out to me I could eat it and gain its powers.

TheTurtleMan

Mar 2, 2010
This octupus is clearly a spawn of cthulhu which can see into the future. I vote we form a cult centered around it as a god.

BGH122

Jun 11, 2008
And I'm guessing quite a few similar wacky experiments at predicting the score failed. This is just confirmation bias.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
TheTurtleMan said:
This octupus is clearly a spawn of cthulhu which can see into the future. I vote we form a cult centered around it as a god.
You got my vote for that as well, I'm also sure that's it's a spawn of great Cthulhu too. All hail Paul and death to his foes!

SilentBobsThoughts

Dec 29, 2009
it was
DrEmo said:
Berserker119 said:
FUCK THE OCTOPUS! NETHERLANDS SHOULD HAVE WON. NOT THE BUCKET OF GREASE THAT IS SPAIN. DIVING IS NOT FOOTBALL.

2. Soccer is 60% diving. To participate in a soccer team you need a Bachelor's in Theater.

3. The other 40% of the game is divided between passing the ball, kicking at nowhere in particular and doing the airplane.

I wanted the Netherlands to win. Oh, well, can't have everything you want, I suppose.
It was made in ENGLAND and WE CALL IT FOOTBALL. get over it.

Crystal Cuckoo

Jan 6, 2009
It was kind of obvious that Spain would win, given that they were the better team (having beaten Germany, who I thought should have won the World Cup in my opinion).

Though to be honest, the match was kinda dull... I fell asleep midway through the second half and woke up at the end because nothing was happening (and it was 5 in the morning).

DrEmo said:
Nope. It's football, son. You'd know that if you knew what FIFA stood for.

TheTurtleMan

Mar 2, 2010
dalek sec said:
TheTurtleMan said:
You got my vote for that as well, I'm also sure that's it's a spawn of great Cthulhu too. All hail Paul and death to his foes!
Hell yeah!!! Whenever I open up the monastary in the middle of the Atlantic to honor his watery birth, I shall make you one the high priests. You could even be in charge of sacrifices to the almighty one.

ydkwidrmw

Aug 6, 2009
The reason Americans care so much about the football/soccer debate is because nobody else cares about the sport they call 'football'

Also I think paul had lots of clams riding on a Spanish win

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
Lunepyre said:
Sparrow said:
DrEmo said:
Berserker119 said:
Silly Puerto Rican man! It's not "soccer", that's just what the Yanks and most of Asia call it.
http://g.sports.yahoo.com/soccer/world-cup/news/its-football-to-you-soccer-to-me--fbintl_ro-soccervsfootball070110.html I found this article here rather interesting, take a look :p
Regardless, soccer is the wrong word. Therefore, as Americans call the game "soccer", they are wrong.

And I'm right, dammit. You play the game with your feet, not your socks!

[sup]See what I did there?[/sup]