Square Enix Dusts Off Final Fantasy X for PS3 Remake

Draitheryn

Jan 20, 2010
I dont mind remakes, I think 10 was not in need of one by any standard however. I would have liked to have seen 4/5/6 or chronotrigger/xenogears get the remake, I'd even say 7(though I think 7 is the most overrated and not nearly their best) or even 8.
Oh well, if its coming out on vita that will be cool, since I plan on getting one(depending on how well it does)

Manji187

Jan 29, 2009
Oh...how *yawn* original.

Tell ya what Squeenix...how about you make a 3D remake of Chrono Trigger and I'll consider calling off the assassination squad? Sounds pretty fair to me.

zidine100

Mar 19, 2009
.. come on dang it, you probably would have a better reception with a einhander remake square enix. (please please please please please please please.... okay you get the hint i want a einhander remake)

ok im going to be serious now, if they redub the main character then i would probably like it, i dropped it because his voice just made me want to make him eat a blitzball, but to be honest i don't really think you were supposed to like the main character, from what i played it was pritty good, especially the battle system. But i highly doubt it needs a remake just as yet, you have alot of other games you could easily milk with that, unless there planning on just upscalling.

cefm

Mar 26, 2010
Give me FF 6 on the iPhone/iPad or give me death, Square!!

Honestly, X has less of a need for an update on a modern system than IX does. IX is still stuck on PS1 tech, while X actually still looks OK.

Raddra

Trashpanda
Jan 5, 2010
I hear sounds of anguish.. as if the spoony one and his fans cried out in horror and were suddenly silenced.

*nerdrage scream*

Volothos

Dec 31, 2008
Jim, does Square Enix get a boot up the ass for this too? Sorry, I had to.

That aside, why X of all things?! Just why?!

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
9 was the best 3D one, FFX is cramped small and annoying it may have the best script of 7-13 turn based combat felt off tho.

major_chaos

Ruining videogames
Feb 3, 2011
I do not understand how anyone could play FFX for more than a few hours let alone enjoy it, the sphere grid was annoying the side quests were awful time sinks, the whole cast (ESPECIALLY the main cast) was brainless, annoying and unlikable. the only thing I enjoyed about that game was that it caused me to go back and finally(pun intended) finish FF IX. but hey it could be worse they could be remaking Final Fantasy X-2 *shudder*

Genixma

Sep 22, 2009
So lets see, no one wanted a XIII-2. And now they are remaking X to shut people up rather than VII to get it out of the way?

Yep, SquareEnix you are officially the Japanese George Lucas you keep making things no one wants and if you get a chance you bastardize your fine products. But then again Tidus' voice already destroyed the game the first time so at least you've given us a spoiler alert.

Aisaku

Jul 9, 2010
Obvious reason being, it's the FF that would be the least expensive to re-relase with improved graphics. It seems that the pre-X FFs are dead and buried to SE, except for Dissidia-style cameos.

YamadaJisho

Sep 22, 2009
It's times like this I'm glad I never bought a PS3. FFX was GOD AWFUL. Seriously, I'd prefer they remade 8 rather than that peice of crap.

Shirokurou

Mar 8, 2010
Maybe they'll remake FFXII for its anniversary...
But actually, I won't pass down a chance to play FFX on my PS3...

BUT GET WORKING ON VERSUS XIII, SE!

Plinglebob

Team Stupid-Face
Nov 11, 2008
CriticKitten said:
That said, I think FFX being remade is an obvious sellout to easier money.
Very very true, but I don't care. X ties for the top spot for favourite Final Fantasy game as I loved the levelling and the turnbased combat and if theydo as good a job as the God of War people did, I will be a very happy bunny.

Now, how about X-2? Or was I the only person who liked it?

Genixma

Sep 22, 2009
Aisaku said:
It seems that the pre-X FFs are dead and buried to SE, except for Dissidia-style cameos.
Yeah they just remade IV a few times. And III. II. Also the Original FF a few times. V was re-released a few times. Re-Released VI a few times as well. Made VII a OVA and a prequel and technically sequel game along with a movie. That haven't done anything with VIII. They put IX up on the PSN. And look what they did with X. They gave it a sequel that turned out super well didn't it?

Hopper9

May 22, 2009
I think this is a perfect example of Square-Enix actually trolling their fans. I can already see that face superimposed in front of their logo. They're practically taunting people now.