Square Enix Dusts Off Final Fantasy X for PS3 Remake

punipunipyo

Jan 20, 2011
I actually think the game that SQUARE should really remake is not FFX, FF6, nor FF7... it's actually Chrono Trigger, and I think making Chrono in to a full 3D action RPG similar to Kingdom Hearts would actually be REALLY FUN! same old story, but better cut-scenes, screw akira, just get the kingdom hearts artists instead! but none of the ChronoCross shit, just stick with the old plots, just game style and arts change.... as far as FFX vs FFVII goes... they should BOTH be remade, but turn them in to more like FF7CC game play... because really... I don't want the slow ass battle systems anymore... those were made because of tech-limitations... you don't have an excuse not to make FULL ACTION RPG games anymore... imagine fighting bosses the size of a monster from "shadows of colossus" kingdom hearts style (kingdom hearts ONE; no magical winning button)

omegawyrm

Nov 23, 2009
Awesome! 10 is probably my favorite in the series.

Why did a couple people say they needed to do an update of 4? They released it on both the PSP and DS, not to mention the GBA and Virtual Console...

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Yay! I like X. And I'll be able to get all the trophies...unless one of them is get everyone's ultimate weapon, in which case Tidus' can go jump off a cliff. I hate that mini game, and I'm not a big fan of Bliztball either, so goodbye Wakka's.

Can we have a Final Fantasy VIII remake next? And then VII? Pleeeeeaase?

sasukeofleaf

Aug 4, 2011
FFX was indeed a good game, but square should be working on 7, dear god, they'd make billions on a remake of FF7, improved graphics, new side quests, more materia, bigger and badder Weapon bosses

duktapeman90

Fhqwhgads
Aug 16, 2009
Can't say I'm disappointed, FFX is my second favorite Final Fantasy game, but does it really need a remake so soon? Yeah the graphics aren't up to today's standards, but they're not terrible. FFVII on the other hand (my favorite in the series) could definitely use a graphical update and the addition of voice actors (which they already have and I really like).

Roganzar

Winter is coming
Jun 13, 2009
I like Final Fantasy X I really do.
However, you lazy bastards at Square Enix need to finish new games, *cough* Final Fantasy XIII Vesus *cough*.
Quit screwing around.

Arella18

Apr 22, 2009
I still own FFX and I will never get a ps3 just for this remake...there aren't enough games I wanna play to justify buying the system...unless they frackin remade 7...if Squenix is paying attention I have a list of ways to improve the game without ruining it...which will make you copious amounts of dosh.

Beautiful End

Feb 15, 2011
Hey, I like FF as much as the next guy. I really do. I have my vast collection of FF trinkets to prove it. But a FFX remake? Come on, Square Enix! Stop pulling dick moves!

What's with this new trend? Remakes of 2nd gen. games? Sorry, but I would like to think that SOME people out there are not attracted to this. Why? Simple: backwards compatible PS3. Those of us who have said PS3 (And I know it's not everyone, relax) have no use for the MSG, Ico and Shadow of the Colossus, Sly, and now FFX remake. And 2nd. gen. games can still be found at some stores. Just yesterday, I saw Ico running for around 35 bucks. Yeah, I know the remakes are HD and usually have extra stuff and they give you a couple of games at a good price. But again, someone like me who already has those games and loved them and all has no use for remakes like those.

But alright, let's ignore my personal opinion for a moment since it might not be that objective. Still, why FFX? I liked it, yes, but I honestly don't think it was as popular as the PS1 classics. FFVIII is my personal favorite and I would love to see a HD version of it, but I know most FF fans are crazy for a FFVII remake. So where's that, Square Enix? Where's FFIX? At the PS store/XBLA? Well, that's nice! Geez..

FFX was revolutionary in the sense that it introduced new elements to the series, the most important would be voice acting. But I honestly don't think it deserved a remake right above FFVII, and that's saying something because I really didn't like FFVII.
This is how I imagine Square-Enix:

Square Enix: "So we heard that some guys want a FF remaaaaaake!~"
Fans: "OMFG! COULD IT BE?!
SE: "Yep, you guessed it! You spoke and we listened!"
Fans: "FUCK YEAH! Square Enix, we love y--"
SE: "FFX REMAKE! Yeah, you guys are shy but we know that's what you guys TRULY wanted. So there ya go! /TROLL FACE"
Fans: "... *Facepalm*"

I'm losing my faith in Square Enix. Between FF14 being complete crap, FF13 getting a sequel so soon, the delay of FF Agito, Crystal, whatever and the so-horribly-delayed of KH3, which may never come to exit if SE keeps this up, I have to say that, son, I am disappoint. I just can't fathom how lazy they're being! We all know that a FFVII remake would sell like hot bread in the middle of a deserted island filled with hungry bread-eating zombies! Hey, Square, you like sequels? Alright, how about a FFVIII sequel? or prequel? or FFIX? Or maybe *GASP* even Chrono Trigger?!

Just watch, next year, we're gonna get a FFXII remake...just after a couple of years of being originally released.

AxelxGabriel

Nov 13, 2009
I'm ok with this on two conditions:

1: It's the international version they release, with the Dark Aeons and Penance.

2: They do NOT release X-2 afterwards.

Nomeg Stylus

Dec 26, 2010
twelve twelve twelve twelve twelve TWELVE TWELVE TWELVE TWELVE TWELVE TWELVE 12 12 12 12 12 12 12 12 12 121212121212122121!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@????????????????????!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
I just find it hilarious how Squeenix contradict themselves.
As some of you may recall, Squeenix claimed that they didn't want to do a FF7 remake because "It would cost an astronomical sum" (paraphrased); And yet here they are going ahead and doing exactly that but with another game in the franchise.

Hilarious, and disheartening.

I mean, who in their fucking right mind would want to go back to TIDUS of all ncharacters? The man raped my brain through my ears with his insipid dialogue and constant nasally whining.

Red Albatross

Jun 11, 2009
Oh wow. This actually excites me.

Btw guys, Blitzball is incredibly easy. Find Shaami in Luca, recruit her, put her in the center position, and proceed to win.

00slash00

Dec 29, 2009
sony knows ff7 fans have been begging for a remake since the tech demo. they finally decice to remake a final fantasy game and go with...final fantasy 10. Yeah im pretty sure sony is pretty much mocking us. dont get me wrong, i loved ff10, it was one of my favorite final fantasy games (no matter what spoony says) but if sony knows how much people want ff7, why not remake that instead of this since, as the article said, ff10 still has fairly decent graphics. oh well, i loved the game so ill probably pick it up

thedarkfreak

Apr 7, 2011
Red Albatross said:
Oh wow. This actually excites me.

Btw guys, Blitzball is incredibly easy. Find Shaami in Luca, recruit her, put her in the center position, and proceed to win.
It was even easy to win the first Blitzball game, thanks to the Jecht Shot and the goalie glitch. Use the shot to manage to score at least one above Luca, then hide behind your goalie until time runs out.

No_Remainders

Sep 11, 2009
Zetsubou-Sama said:
One of the best in the series gets a remake, best turn based combat, one of the best scripts, best soundtracks, and a fun sphere grid.

I can get behind that. Way more than I would for VII remade.
If they did it the EXACT same way, then yeah, it'd be good.

However, I have a strange feeling that Square Enix will pull a douche-bag move and do what they did to FFXIII, and, y'know, make it shit?

ThunderCavalier

Nov 21, 2009
REMAKE FINAL FANTASY VI ALREADY!!!

*ahem* Yeah, I can understand why they're doing this. It'll come at very little cost, it was a popular game, and with some of the bad games that have hit Square really hard before, having a familiar title like this should help. As long as they allow us Americans to fight the Dark Aeons and Penance this time around, as well as fixing the Sphere Grid, I'll be happy with the remake. ... Of course, I'll need to buy a PS3 first, as I don't really care for the Vita.

Also...

REMAKE FINAL FANTASY VI ALREADY!!!