Stardock CEO Boycotts UPS Over Fox News

ReverseEngineered

Raving Lunatic
Apr 30, 2008
Whoa, wait, Wardell is offended that UPS has publicly boycotted Fox for its politics, and so Wardell is himself boycotting UPS? I don't know whether to call this hypocracy or irony.

Frankly, I think it's silly for CEOs to use companies as their own political vehicles, but then again, I am also heavily offended by everything that comes out of Glenn Beck's mouth, so I can understand UPS pulling their ads from Fox. It wouldn't be the first time a company pulled ads from a company because they were afraid their association might tarnish their image.

Oldmanwillow

Mar 30, 2009
Dr Ampersand said:
Pyro Paul said:
they should just change the name from 'Fox News' to 'Fox OpEd'. they do not broadcast news... they broadcast oppinons and personal beliefs. and i'm sorry to say, that isn't news, that is an OpEd.

i wish there was a 24 news network which was just purely an AP feed which didn't try and shill their own beliefs but rather simply broadcast raw news to us.
Umm, what do you think of BBC America? It's not that opinionated.
BBC like any other news station is bias as hell.

People view their opinions as correct so they will listen/watch any station that says there same opinions, while viewing it as un-bias. All data is skewed by networks for 2 reasons
1) to market to the group of people that share the same opinions
2) to push across there own political agenda

Sure fox news is bias but they are not anymore bias than any other new station. The reason why its viewed as more bias is because there group of people they are marketing to and there political agenda is different from most of the people how use this form.

THE ONLY FORM OF UN-BIAS INFORMATION IS DEBATE!! Because you have both sides of the argument available. So you can pick and choose the bits of information you like to form an educated opinion

So next time you decided to hop up on your soap box and say that fox news is a bias piece of crap(which it is) just remember that can be said about any major new network.

throumbas

Sep 6, 2009
I love Stardock and i love impulse but i gotta be honest, i didnt understand why Brad was even bothered by this until he said he was a conservative who watched fox, this is just some silly retaliation for Glenn Beck. I guess you can be a good businessman but still support crazy people like that.

dekkarax

Apr 3, 2008
All we need now is for someone else to boycott Stardock and then for Fox to boycott them. Then we can have a circle of never ending boycotts

Zorbia

Sep 29, 2009
Kudos to UPS, Glenn Beck propaganda is destroying our country. If Glenn doesn't like Obama, wait 3 years, then campaign against him. Don't disrespect the Office of the president of the United States in order to sell books and get higher ratings. Glenn Beck is trash
As far as STARDOCK goes, "shame on you I hope you realize you are hurting yourself by taking sides with these drug addict drunk.

j0z

Apr 23, 2009
+10 respect points for Stardock.

I don't watch Glenn Beck, but I do watch Fox. If UPS does not like GB, then don't advertise during his show, and that would be the end of it. But instead, they boycott the entire network, which is also the largest news network out there, and it has a HUGE number of viewers. If they don't want to be affiliated with GB, then advertise during Fox and Friends, Studio B, or the myrad of other shows that are just straight up news broadcasts.
I say kudos to Stardock, and they might just get my $10 for Entrenchment because of this.

Credge

Apr 12, 2008
Except Glenn Beck isn't known for his "inflammatory statements". He's known, at least now, because he's been hitting the nail on the head.

If you're going to post about a political story, leave your bias out of it. You're no better than MSNBC, FOX, or CNN when you do things like that.

MasterSqueak

May 10, 2009
somekindarobot said:
Horticulture said:
Looks like it's time to boycott Stardock.
Nice. With luck, such a boycott of a boycott of a boycott will snowball into a cascade of boycotts that will end up forcing people to live in tiny adobe huts and living off gardens and barrels of rainwater as everybody refuses to buy or sell anything from anyone else because they all hate each others guts.
And then war.

TheSKSpecial

Mar 7, 2008
Pyro Paul said:
they should just change the name from 'Fox News' to 'Fox OpEd'. they do not broadcast news... they broadcast oppinons and personal beliefs. and i'm sorry to say, that isn't news, that is an OpEd.

i wish there was a 24 news network which was just purely an AP feed which didn't try and shill their own beliefs but rather simply broadcast raw news to us.
C-SPAN comes pretty close when it comes to political news.

wrshamilton

Aug 30, 2007
I didn't read the thread before I posted, so I repeated a post a bunch of other people had already made.

It's convenient for the Stardock CEO to out himself as a bad person, though, usually they're harder to spot.

Chipperz

Apr 27, 2009
OK, after finishing massaging my temples for a decent length of time, I have come to a decision. Tomorrow, I'm going to talk to the queen, and we're going to take away America's right to Democracy. We will reinstate a dictatorship. A proper one, one with secret police that drag away dissenters and cause a pall of fear across the US.

Maybe, in this way, you people can keep your FUCKING POLITICS OUT OF EVERYTHING!

Sep 13, 2009
Make the Left 4 Dead 2 boycott Stardock, and then make the Fox News boycott the L4D2 boycotters.
THE CIRCLE OF HATE WILL BEGIN.
THE RAGNAROCK IS NIGH.

Xanadu84

Apr 9, 2008
They didn't pull there advertising because Fox is conservative. They pulled there advertising because Beck is a flaming douchbag, and supporting that through there dollars was going to hurt UPS profits. Completely reasonable for UPS to do as a company. Sure, its within Stardock's right to do this as well, and its not a huge deal, but really, he just comes across as being kind of a whiner.

Thank Christ people don't appear to be stupidly screaming, "ZOMG, WAT ABOT FREE SPEECH!1!?!?1!"

Motiv_

Jun 2, 2009
Chipperz said:
OK, after finishing massaging my temples for a decent length of time, I have come to a decision. Tomorrow, I'm going to talk to the queen, and we're going to take away America's right to Democracy. We will reinstate a dictatorship. A proper one, one with secret police that drag away dissenters and cause a pall of fear across the US.

Maybe, in this way, you people can keep your FUCKING POLITICS OUT OF EVERYTHING!
I'm an American, and even I think this might actually be a decent idea.

bonnero

Apr 15, 2009
Xanadu84 said:
Thank Christ people don't appear to be stupidly screaming, "ZOMG, WAT ABOT FREE SPEECH!1!?!?1!"
Nah they'd only do that if it was someone not right wing being stopped from saying something not right wing. no one cares about what conservatives have to say, and conservatives don't really care whether other people listen to them. They know that people who agree will listen and those who don't won't, don't get why no one else does. Saying that I'm a moderate. Fencesittah4lyfe yo!