Steve Jobs' Last Words: Oh wow, Oh wow, Oh wow

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Owyn_Merrilin said:
That could be something from one of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy books
And a great way to relax.

Owyn_Merrilin said:
He's also heavily involved in education reform in the US. Speaking as an educator in training, I wish he'd be trying for different reforms than he's going for, but I can't accuse the man of not having the best interests of our children at heart. So basically, yeah, Bill Gates is actually a pretty cool guy.
It just goes to show you how spin works. Gates is viewed as the devil despite all the good he's done, and Jobs is a saint, despite...Well, evidence to the contrary.

Chelsea O'shea

May 20, 2010
Qitz said:
Funny how people are telling someone to respect the dead in a thread where we make fun of his dying words.

As for why.

He saw God had an Android.
wheres my like button for this statement.

and not to sound mean but i do hope it was uttered in pain,the man was a thief to begin with.

ccggenius12

Sep 30, 2010
Chefodeath said:
For me, I can only imagine that in his last moments, Jobs had envisioned a new produce that would have completely and utterly revolutionized the way we lived!
I'd like to think you're right. Can you imagine a new produce? Maybe he devised a way to merge the traits of an apple and an orange into one fruit, creating a link between the two so they could be compared.

Zorg Machine

Jul 28, 2008
Esotera said:
ZeroMachine said:
Mad Stalin said:
I hope it was uttered in pain and agony, the selfish prick.
I'm sorry, but what the fuck is wrong with you? Did he ever personally hurt you? Did he ever cause someone's death or something?

Holy fuck, show some respect for the dead.
He was terrible to work with, most of the ideas actually came from Apple, and he never donated to charity (only recently learned this). The creator of Lisp, and the creator C have both passed away in the last month, and they accomplished far more than Steve Jobs. Wozniak was the main brain behind Apple, and he got screwed over by Jobs.

I don't think there's any need to show respect to the dead when they behave like he did.
Your definition of whether or not someone deserves respect is wether or not they donated money and of they were pleasant to work with? Why is it a bad thing when people who have a lot of money choose to keep that money. As long as they pay their taxes it should be good that they did donate. not bad that they didn't.

Also, he was a bit of an asshole but ever Ghandi was an asshole (he was incredibly racist towards black people and slept with young girls, look it up) yet he still get's a lot of respect.

Steve Jobs was an incredible businessman who raised a company to the most valuable company in the world in one lifetime. and that company has changed the mobile industry for the better. THAT'S why we respect him.

Blind Sight

May 16, 2010
ccggenius12 said:
Chefodeath said:
I'd like to think you're right. Can you imagine a new produce? Maybe he devised a way to merge the traits of an apple and an orange into one fruit, creating a link between the two so they could be compared.
If anything, that's probably what Norman Borlaug came up with when he died haha.

Bobbity

Mar 17, 2010
Mad Stalin said:
Bobbity said:
roflmecopter said:
Bobbity said:
Mad Stalin said:
hiks89 said:
Mad Stalin said:
you sir, are a wanker
Esotera said:
ZeroMachine said:
Mad Stalin said:
I'm sorry, but what the fuck is wrong with you? Did he ever personally hurt you? Did he ever cause someone's death or something?

Holy fuck, show some respect for the dead.
He was terrible to work with, most of the ideas actually came from Apple, and he never donated to charity (only recently learned this). The creator of Lisp, and the creator C have both passed away in the last month, and they accomplished far more than Steve Jobs. Wozniak was the main brain behind Apple, and he got screwed over by Jobs.

I don't think there's any need to show respect to the dead when they behave like he did.
i dont donate to charity, should i die in agony?
Fuck off, the man used child labour, used his assets to cut in line in the organ queues, refused employee stocks, bought new cars every 6 months so he could park in handicap spots
He deserved what he had coming.
He bought new cars every six months so he could park in handicapped spots? Oh snap!
He cut in line in the organ queue? Not to defend this move, because it was dick, but, if you had his level of resources and were in his situation, wouldn't you?
He refused an employee stock options? Didn't donate to charity?
Every one of those things makes him out to be a self centric dickhead, and a bit of a bully, but to wish as much pain and suffering on him as possible? What a wonderful and perfectly balanced human being you must be. :p
About the only thing on your list worth any mention is the child labour, and that was the responsibility of the factories producing parts for Apple, amongst a number of companies. Apple's decision not to step in, while greedy as fuck, is no less frightening than any numberof other companies refusing to do the same.

So basically, it comes down to this: Steve Jobs was a greedy dickhead. Great. You wish upon him horrific suffering and death. Congratulations, you're unbalanced.
oh other companies are doing it so its okay for my company to do it your basically trying to excuse him from any responsibility.
No, not at all. I find what they did horrific, but I'm trying to point out the hypocrisy of going after Jobs specifically when so much of what we take for granted in the first world comes from some pretty awful stuff in the third, and that some of the people here are jumping on the bandwagon, spewing hatred because they've been told to. I'm not even saying that they're wrong, however, just that they've taken it to an extreme n
You best be trolling now. People praise this man as a god while turning a blind eye to the horrific things he has done to people and yet the people who point this out are on the bandwaggon? 7/10 almost had me there for a second.
Sorry, what? I don't think that I've done anythig but make him out to be a dickhead so far. I never particularly liked him, although I respect the changes that Apple has made in the tech industry. Steve Wozniak, now there's a cool guy. :p

Anyway, I've only tried to argue two things so far: that Steve Jobs, while a dickhead, did not, in any way, deserve the death and suffering that a couple of people sugget he does. Secondly, I've tried to argue that spewing hatred about Apple, because they're the hot topic of the day, while ignoring the rest of corporate culture, is hypocritical in the extreme. The laptop you're using? The chocolate you're eating? The plastic toys that your younger siblings/children possess? An enormous amount of stuff enjoyed in the first world is produced in some pretty horrific conditions in the third world, and people who are perfectly willing to turn a blind eye to that, all the while abusing Apple and vowing never to buy any of their products, really irritate me. If you're one of the few who really do forgo everything made in horrible conditions in the third world, then I genuinely have a lot of respect for you. If not, however, which is far more likely, then what are you going to do about it?

Ledan

Apr 15, 2009
Chefodeath said:
http://technolog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/10/31/8563382-steve-jobs-final-words-revealed-by-sister

So Steve Jobs' last words have been revealed. As the Apple visionary lay dying, surrounded by friends and family and with that far away look in his eye, he uttered his final sentiments "Oh wow, oh wow, oh wow."

Now given that its halloween, a time of general interest in the dead, and that jobs is newly joined amongst the ranks of the not-alive, I think its only appropriate for us to speculate on what it was that Jobs saw that prompted such an exclamation. Your interpretation can be funny, serious, whatever.

For me, I can only imagine that in his last moments, Jobs had envisioned a new produce that would have completely and utterly revolutionized the way we lived!
Nah, he envisioned a new product that would completely and utterly revolutionize the way we die!

Korolev

No Time Like the Present
Jul 4, 2008
He probably was hallucinating. Also, it's well known that when you are really close to death, your brain goes slightly haywire and starts firing signals almost at random. He was probably seeing things, hallucinating or feeling really weird. That's the secret behind his last words. If he was on a lot of Morphine (and with his condition, who WOULDN'T be on Morphine by that stage?) then everything I just said doubly applies. He was tripping out. It happens to a lot of people when they get close to death.

As for whether or not he was a good or bad person - like everyone, a bit of both. Obviously very talented as a businessman... but he was also rather ruthless and cold to many people around him (like many business people). He was intelligent.... but also egotistical. He offered people things they wanted... yet his Labour policies resulted in some atrocious working conditions in China (but to be fair... virtually every large company has factories in China, most of which aren't pleasant places to work in).

Personally, I don't think I would have liked him if I had met him. Everything I've read about him suggests that he was a very stand-offish, "I'm-above-you-so-high-in-my-castle" egotistical obsessive who only ever really cared about getting his way. Surprising behaviour for a supposed Buddhist. Aren't Buddhists supposed to believe in being humble, kind, nice and peaceful? Jobs was, by many accounts, not very nice, absolutely not humble in the slightest, unkind to anyone he perceived as even remotely opposing him and he threatened to use every cent he had to destroy Android and Samsung. I'm not saying the guy was evil - but he sounds like a lot of business people I've met... driven, cold, selfish, egotistical with a dose of "I'm-better-and-richer-than-you-so-the-rules-don't-apply-to-me".

But even so... he didn't deserve to die the way he did. Being killed by Pancreatic cancer.... eesh - that's a VERY nasty death. I wouldn't wish it on anyone except people like Hitler or Stalin or Pol Pot. It's an incredibly horrific way to die. Even with Morphine.

6SteW6

Mar 25, 2011
Somewhere, far away from where he was he heard the faint sound of laughter and knew it was Bill Gates, getting the last one in.

Jegsimmons

Nov 14, 2010
Vigilantis said:
Jegsimmons said:
let me finish it:

"Oh wow oh wow oh wow, i can't believe these morons bought all this crap that i barely added to."

Mad Stalin said:
ok, i rip on dead people a good bit, but i wish no pain or death upon them. seriously dude. not cool.
Can't really wish death upon dead people as they have come down with something called...DEATH, however agreed that people should respect the dead all the same.

Methinks he saw a future where Apple ruled the world with an iron fist
so does that mean Microsoft is actually our guardians? and Linux is really a terror organization?

Caeltyr

Oct 17, 2011
See, he had just had a glimpse of his new home in heaven, where -- due to temporary restrictions of space -- he was going to be sharing a room with Moses, who recently upgraded his stone tablets ... to a couple of iPads.

I think my reaction would have been the same.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
Being that it's halloween it's only proper to say Steve Jobs came back from the dead, he was showing off his new product iDead.

Okay that was lame, no ill will against the guy dying sucks even if he went with family and friends.....Happy Halloween!

Phuctifyno

Jul 6, 2010
The nerve endings in his brain were firing as he died, and some random memory of a baseball game popped into his head. It meant nothing...

...until it becomes crucially relevant when the aliens invade.

What a twist!!!

Danglybits

Oct 31, 2008
dyre said:
hiks89 said:
i dont donate to charity, should i die in agony?
If you're worth $8 billion or w/e and you don't donate to charity, you're a dick. Not saying you should die in agony; I wouldn't even wish that on Hitler, but I certainly have little respect for the man.
Perfectly said. Its hard to muster too much respect or sympathy considering charity on top of his multiple listings on organ request lists.

Nudu

Jun 1, 2011
He had an idea that would revolutionize the way we look at our existance. The shock of an experience of that magnitude killed him in his weakened state.