Street Fighter VI - 3rd Strike Times Two.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
I don't know shit about fighting games and especially SF, because even the random punks on the streets and giving me a hard time. Then fighting the mentors is like no chance in hell, I just get bodied like a baby. Still fun though, I wanna be Cammy's best friend for personal reasons.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I don't know shit about fighting games and especially SF, because even the random punks on the streets and giving me a hard time. Then fighting the mentors is like no chance in hell, I just get bodied like a baby. Still fun though, I wanna be Cammy's best friend for personal reasons.
Don't let that scare you. It can be rough at first, but most of the early yo middle game is pretty easy with a few hard fights here and there. It really only gets difficult after chapter 13 and everything scales up. I suggest you try to get to level 35 to 40 before you get the chapter 14. Level 21, and I'm going to do some grinding later to get him high enough or over level in some cases. Just have fun, finally works for you, practice those moves, do the combinations that work, and just keep at it. There's always modern controls if you don't want to do classic. If you have a modern controls, the control input is more similar to games like DMC or Bayonetta. I.e, they use simple directional inputs. When I get home this evening, I am getting Jamie and Kimberly moveset. With emphasis on getting all of Kim's moves. And when I get to Zangief, I'll throw in some wrestling moves to have my ultimate Final Fight character.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
Another day, another cool Jamie combo~

If you're playing world tour, keep in mind that it is basically an rpg so stats play a huge role, way more than how "good" you are. Try arcade or something to get a feel for how a fair fight works.

Old_Hunter_77

Elite Member
Dec 29, 2021
Country
United States
I started learning Cammy yesterday. My initial impressions are the she is the type of character is easy to get into because her special inputs are the kind I am comfortable with- Ryu/Ken, basically. But because she's a rush-down character I feel like I really got a smash a LOT of buttons to do anything useful with her. She just feels kinda "weak" compared to my #1 girl Chun Li. I am guess I'll go a couple days with her before moving on to the next character. Fun as heck though and of course looks bad-ass.

Old_Hunter_77

Elite Member
Dec 29, 2021
Country
United States
While we're sharing videos (and I am skimming through some of them), here's one that I found especially helpful.

The training mode is the most intimidating part of the game and while I'm not at the point where I really want to spend a lot of time with it, I plan to like really dig in after I beat World Tour

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
While we're sharing videos (and I am skimming through some of them), here's one that I found especially helpful.

The training mode is the most intimidating part of the game and while I'm not at the point where I really want to spend a lot of time with it, I plan to like really dig in after I beat World Tour

Training mode is like a dictionary or a reference handbook. Whenever you encounter something you do not understand or wanna look into deeper, you wanna go to training mode and figure out what the hell are the properties and principles behind what's confusing you.

You really wanna get in the habit of labbing out things instead of just tolerating not knowing or just letting it go. One of the best ways of learning is going from labbing something to figure out what it is into using that knowledge in a real match.

Old_Hunter_77

Elite Member
Dec 29, 2021
Country
United States
My approach of trying to slowly go through each character is wearing thin lol... But I'm still going to try them a bit in Arcade, just not matches. In fact I need a break from matches, I'm just getting my ass handed to me worse and worse and I'd rather just sort of play by myself for a while.
So I finished the first 7 chapters of World Tour which is a nice break in the "story" and will prioritize leveling up my mastery with Chun Li since she's still me top candidate for "main." Meanwhile I've complete arcade modes for Cammy, Blanka, Ken, Luke, and Marissa, with Dee Jay, Manon and Jamie to follow (these I am doing as I meet them in the World Tour).

Blanka is absolutely wild. He has all these crazy traversal moves and a silly doll that makes him a brilliantly tactical character to play. I will not be surprised if in the coming months we see top ranked players using Blanka- you do stuff like, set up a doll bomb, fly up and across but stop short, and then read the character to zap or pounce/throw/bite and add a charge to any combo which also sets up your bomb doll thing. Plus he has a stance plus really long pokes.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
My approach of trying to slowly go through each character is wearing thin lol... But I'm still going to try them a bit in Arcade, just not matches. In fact I need a break from matches, I'm just getting my ass handed to me worse and worse and I'd rather just sort of play by myself for a while.
So I finished the first 7 chapters of World Tour which is a nice break in the "story" and will prioritize leveling up my mastery with Chun Li since she's still me top candidate for "main." Meanwhile I've complete arcade modes for Cammy, Blanka, Ken, Luke, and Marissa, with Dee Jay, Manon and Jamie to follow (these I am doing as I meet them in the World Tour).

Blanka is absolutely wild. He has all these crazy traversal moves and a silly doll that makes him a brilliantly tactical character to play. I will not be surprised if in the coming months we see top ranked players using Blanka- you do stuff like, set up a doll bomb, fly up and across but stop short, and then read the character to zap or pounce/throw/bite and add a charge to any combo which also sets up your bomb doll thing. Plus he has a stance plus really long pokes.
Blanka is one of those good beginner chars cause he has big long range and relatively safe attacks, the doll stuff is nice but in a real fight you won't get much chance to use it cause you will be being pressured so you gotta set it up after first getting a hit. Also he has some big buttons in general. Not sure what button it is but that one downward two handed smash is insane.

But yeah if you're still testing chars you don't need to do too many fights with people. First pick a char to settle on and do their tutorials and combo trials and so on all the way and then you can start fighting people.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
So yesterday the hub was messing up and not connecting folks, which is why I finally tried ranked. Thing put me on platinum straight up from the placement matches. Not sure if it's good or bad but either way it is what it is. Today the hub is ok though so I'm back there again. Infinite rematches instantly > seeking fights every 2 wins.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
I saw this one a while back, told ya Gief does absurd damage indeed. The way I fight him is by just keeping him away with long range buttons, if he's in you're in trouble, and drive rush lets him get in very fast. You gotta not be scared of getting counterpoked cause that won't hurt nearly as much.

Old_Hunter_77

Elite Member
Dec 29, 2021
Country
United States
I'm having a real problem with this game now... I keep deferring my desire to train and git gud by slumming it in Arcade and World Tour mode with modern controls and grinding pointless accomplishments. I'm still a single-player gamer at heart. *sigh*

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I'm having a real problem with this game now... I keep deferring my desire to train and git gud by slumming it in Arcade and World Tour mode with modern controls and grinding pointless accomplishments. I'm still a single-player gamer at heart. *sigh*
You can't rush these things. It takes a lot of time dedication. Right now, just focus on having fun. The only reason why I'm sticking with classic controls, is that I'm semi used to it, and I want to link my combos better. I've been mainly doing World Tour and arcade mode, and have yet to touch training mode once. I'll do some training eventually, right now I'm just focused on having fun. Like I said before, I don't have PS plus, so I can't even jump on the online yet.