Stuff You've Changed Your Mind On

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
A lot of Kevin Smith films I don't find funny anymore. Especially if it involves the movies clerks 1 and 2. Randall is just such a big asshole. Dante ain't much sympathetic either, but I wonder why he ever stuck around with him. The only one you can get me to watch nowadays is either Dogma and maybe Jay and Silent Bob strikes back. Rick and Morty I can't stand anymore, but I think I might have mentioned that another forum.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
I guess Family Guy, I used to watch it all the time but I ended up fallint out with it, didn't like some of the seasons that started happening. Although now I can't even watch the old ones I liked, I find it just grating.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I guess Family Guy, I used to watch it all the time but I ended up fallint out with it, didn't like some of the seasons that started happening. Although now I can't even watch the old ones I liked, I find it just grating.
I can watch most of the stuff from the first 3 seasons. Anything afterward, I'm not touching.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Stalking the Digital Tundra
When I watched Ferris Bueller's Day Off for the first time, I thought Ferris was awesome and Rooney was a jerk. Now I think they're both jerks- Ferris for being a leech on Cameron and a pretty crappy boyfriend to Sloane, and thoughtlessly pushing them both towards what he thinks they should want, and Rooney for completely overstepping the bounds of his authority just to make an example of someone. (And, y'know, for being a jerk to everyone he comes across along the way.)

Reactions: Dalisclock

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
I can watch most of the stuff from the first 3 seasons. Anything afterward, I'm not touching.
I forget how far I got into it, I think it was the season with the bank vault episode.

Kae

Just burn the whole thing.
Legacy
May 8, 2020
Somewhere in México
Country
México
The person reading this post...
Sorry, I used to like you I swear!
But things are simply not the same, you've changed, I'm afraid you're simply not cool anymore and I can't bring myself to like you again.
I'm sorry, but it's the truth.

Reactions: Mister Mumbler

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
When I watched Ferris Bueller's Day Off for the first time, I thought Ferris was awesome and Rooney was a jerk. Now I think they're both jerks- Ferris for being a leech on Cameron and a pretty crappy boyfriend to Sloane, and thoughtlessly pushing them both towards what he thinks they should want, and Rooney for completely overstepping the bounds of his authority just to make an example of someone. (And, y'know, for being a jerk to everyone he comes across along the way.)
I think there’s a good case to be made that while Ferris’ heart is in the right place with Cameron - his observations on the poor chap are very on point - he is going about helping him in the most self-serving, egotistical way possible. Like okay, encouraging your friend to get his shit together is good. But not by pressuring him into letting you steal a functionally irreplaceable super car from his acknowledged raging asshole of a father.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Apr 10, 2020
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Tennis. I used to think it was the most boring sport in the world, but I've actually grown to appreciate it after actually sitting down to watch it over the past couple of years (at the behest of my gf who used to play.) I'm no enthusiast or anything, but I understand the game a lot better and can actually see the strategies as they unfold during a match.

XsjadoBlayde

Verified Lieutenant Crime-Bear
Apr 29, 2020
Britannialand
Is more a temporary thing with a videogame, but the Bloodbornes...more specifically the main soundtrack at the start menu. One lonesome stormy night, i thought it wise to practice doseage of a particular obscure disassociative/hallucinogenic to get more of an understanding of what to expect, so a careful doseage was done. This happened to be a period of making hella progress through bloodborne so it was habit to start the game up, just as the chemicals were kicking in. Only thing is it was far far more potent than i could have ever anticipated and made the intro cutscene and music the most intensely terrifying audio-visual experience in years that i had to immediately close the game and calm the fuck down with the Tearaway dynamic breezy theme on the dashboard. Lesson learned! It certainly changed how i look at that with my ears.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
High School of the Dead. I was not that into it, but I found it entertaining. Around 2015 or 2016, you couldn't give me the read or watch it. it's pretty clear that it's just another zombie fiction with tits and fan service, and not much else to stand on. Most of the characters are either generic or cardboard cutout anime cliches. All suspense is lost, when you realize the core group is never in danger once they're formed period any new person or character they meet is going to die, but never the court group. And it's pretty clear that the story had no direction to go in, and the writer was just flying by the seat of his pants. It is sad, because the creator of HOTD died in 2017. The good news is that there's a backup artist. The bad news is is that the backup artist is not feel like working on High School of the Dead. So that indefinite hiatus, might as well just say fuck you, it's canceled.