Stunning New Deus Ex Trailer Shows Off a Little Gameplay

dancinginfernal

Sep 5, 2009
Please don't be another Invisible War, please don't be another Invisible War, please don't be another Invisible War.

I'm hoping. I really am.

Sporky111

Digital Wizard
Dec 17, 2008
Looked great to me, definitely. I never even played the original, or had much interest (or knowledge of it). But I think I'll still keep my eyes on this one.

nofear220

Apr 29, 2010
SteelStallion said:
Stunning? The graphics look terrible TBH.

On the plus side, gameplay is looking fun. A modern day assassin's creed with some action thrown in.
Yeah the game looks great. but visually I think it might just be the lighting engine not the models.

Feb 18, 2009
Need to see more gameplay. What little this one had looked interesting, though. Might actually be a good game.
What bothers me the most, is the futuristic style. To me, the first game had more relatable world, because it wasn´t too distant future. I hope the gameplay will at least make the most of the setting.

saejox

Mar 4, 2009
lost all my hype points!
it's a fps with cool abilities, not an rpg played on fp perspective.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
3nimac said:
Everything is yellow. Why is everything yellow?
So that you know it's an ultra serious game.
Everyone knows the less colour you use the more mature your game is, all mature games are scared of colour.

Seriously though, I have no idea. It looks immensely stupid. I refuse to believe that making everything sepia toned as opposed to you know, using all the colours like a REAL CITY does? For your consideration:

Toronto Regularly

Toronto in the Deus Ex World

Isn't that much better? [/sarcasm]

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Straying Bullet said:
AC10 said:
Honestly, it didn't show off any game play at all. It was essentially just a CG trailer except this time it was rendered in engine.

This game looks WAY too action focused to be what I would consider a worthy successor to Deus Ex.
Furthermore, it's been confirmed that there is regenerating health in the game and that it will have cover based shooting, oh fucking boy I can't wait to play Gears of Deus Ex.
Mass Effect 2 suffered the same Gears of War paintjob. God, I'd take any immersive and ambitious game like Mass Effect I and the like over any Gears of War bassed game. Seriously, I have had enough.
I totally agree with you on this. While ME1 could have probably made some... changes to their less than intuitive UI, it was still a better game to me.

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
Looks okay. I get a modern day Assassin's Creed vibe from this. I didn't see anything wrong with the graphics, but I don't have an overpriced alienware system which should allow you to see sweat glands on a rendered person.
Jack and Calumon said:
Dear Escapist.

On the previous thread about this trailer, pretty much all of you were, uncontrollably and blood vessel burst inducingly, whining like mad about this one trailer. Please, I beg of you, don't whine about this. The graphics look good, and the yellow effect makes it look that bit more sweet. The Robotic limbs could add to all sorts of new things such as interesting close quarter fights and stealth kills. Think like Assassins Creed 2, and we have the picture. And as for your whining about how it doesn't fit in with what you know, how about you wait until it is released before judging the plot with folded arms. Finally, you can break down a wall and snap someone's neck on the other side. WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT?

Calumon: Looks Cool.
Dear Jack,
Fanboys will be fanboys. Best to let them vent because the alternative is too horrible to imagine. So I will share!
P.S. May not want to let Calumon see this.

_Janny_

Mar 6, 2008
The trailer is amazing, but what I really love is the music. I can't wait for the OST to be released.

thethingthatlurks

Feb 16, 2010
Wasn't that a bit too much action oriented? I mean you could do that in the two previous games, but subtlety and sneakiness were always options. I hope that goes for this one as well.
Anyway, what is up with today? STALKER 2, Bethesda working on secret project, ie 80% certain TES5, and now new Deus Ex trailer. Bloody hell, am I in a coma somewhere? Or is my karma account to go red soon?

GoGo_Boy

May 12, 2010
Diz sum kindof 3rd Person Takedown Tech-Demo?

Nah just kidding but c'mon something about this trailer felt very generic. And while I have nothing against cool looking takedowns it just feels bland sometimes :/

Smasngrab

Apr 23, 2009
Loved the trailer, hope there are tons of customization options for the caracter when it comes to cyberwear. But, did anyone else get a feeling of dejavu from the ending whit the gigantic cyber tank thing, im thinking Ghost in a Shell, not that its a bad thing, i love that movie, and adding somthing as kind of a tribute is kind of nice (at least in my tired and slightly drunk head). Going to give it a shot any how....

scarab7

Jun 20, 2009
They are really trying hard to sell this game. With all his badass augmentations, you think they'd show something cooler then hitting him with a fist. Most FPSs today can induct people easily into the hype, but I'd rather have a trailer showing some promise for those who like first game (and maybe the second).

Sepiida

Jan 25, 2010
Would have liked it more if I hadn't already seen all of that in the leaked footage. The basically just sliced it up and added some music.

Still though it looks pretty good. I'm digging the art design and though they didn't show a whole lot of gameplay from what I've heard it will retain the branching paths of the first Deus Ex.

For those questioning the color palate the official line is that since one of the themes of the game is the Renaissance they wanted to give the game a look consistent with the art of that period or perhaps I should say the art as it looks nowadays.

mexicola

Feb 10, 2010
It looks cool enough for me so far. I'm sure I'll be getting the game once it comes out, to see what they made of it if nothing else.

MindBullets

Apr 5, 2008
We have a nightclub in Edinburgh called The Hive, too! HOW AMUSING!

But, yeah. Game's looking good. We haven't seen much of the actual freedom of choice yet, so it's still too early to get really, really excited.

Locko96

Jan 18, 2010
SteelStallion said:
Worgen said:
SteelStallion said:
Stunning? The graphics look terrible TBH.

On the plus side, gameplay is looking fun. A modern day assassin's creed with some action thrown in.
yeah yeah, it needed bump mapping out the ass and more bloom to have good graphics, without it, it just looks horrible
Don't throw your snide sarcasm at me, I'm entitled to my opinion. For the record though, the color palette is really dull, you can see lots of anti-aliasing issues and small things like clipping and low res textures make it look bad.
I'm going to have to with Steel Stallion. I wouldn't say the graphics are terrible but they look really murky. Also, some blurred textures here and there. Also, Worgen, you kinda lost any credibility you might have had with that rash assumption and the sarcasm.