Stupidest Reason Why You've Gotten Into Trouble In School.

rutger5000

Oct 19, 2010
At elementary school we used to have a small brake after the first 2 hours of school were children would usely eat a homebrought snack. I (am / was) notoriously known the guy who always forgets everything, and thus I didn't have a snack. Yet after the brake I was called to the principals office and the principal told me to clean the schoolyard for throwing a banana peel on the schoolyard. I wanted to protest but wasn't given the chance. Only after cleaning the schoolyard was I allowed to speak. So I did, defending myself that I couldn't have thrown the banana peal, because I haven't had a banana. But the bastard never apologized.

A Pious Cultist

Jul 4, 2009
GWarface said:
Was almost thrown out because i didnt want to shower with my classmates after gym class..

Was kinda shy at that point, and didnt really want to shower with both the guys and the girls..
You showed with both? The fuck...

Fugitive Panda

Jan 21, 2011
Can't really name one that I'd call stupid, really. But I can name a crapload of stuff I didn't get in trouble for, like that time I drove a chair around the classroom like a car making vroom vroom sounds. Or the countless times I played my Gameboy in my desk during class. I got a couple funny stories about that.

One time I was playing through Pokemon for a friend who started a new game after trading me his old Pokemon. I spent a class trying to beat Brock with his old Mewtwo, who would not listen to me. Have you ever seen Brock's Onix beat a level 100 Mewtwo? I have. That took an entire class, since I was apparently too stubborn to switch out until one of use fainted. I got called on it once, and was forced to leave it on and waste the batteries while I actually did some work, but that was it.

And then there was the time I was playing Robopon, and upgrading my business. If you haven't played it, the Robopon cartridge is larger than normal to keep track of things in real-time, and when your upgrade is finished in game, it makes a loud ringing noise, even when the game is off. So imagine me in a quiet class, everyone's studying, and then a very sudden, very loud ringing is coming from my desk. And I kept doing it. Several times that day the class was interrupted by a loud ding-dong coming from my desk. All I got was a few weird looks.

And I don't remember this one first-hand, but my mom heard it from my principle once when they spoke. At one point the principle caught me playing in my desk and pulled me from the classroom to quiz me on the class. Apparently I answered perfectly, and was sent back to class.

I'd like to say that's why they were so lenient, but I remember half-assing most of my stuff in school, so I can't say in good confidence that I got straight A's or anything. I started homeschooling during the fourth grade too, so I don't have any recently memories of school either.

Aethren

Jun 6, 2009
Hijacked the P.A. system as a senior prank and played a song through the entire school during first period of the last day of school. Got caught by the principal, but he just laughed and sent me back to class. The song?

Left a business card beside the mic before I left. Got called in the next school year to fix that same P.A. system, since they couldn't figure out what was wrong with it. Somehow they muted the volume and didn't know how to fix it.

jack665

Dec 31, 2009
In 8th grade at my old school it was the end of the first semester and we had finals that day. So for those of you who have not been the bottom of the social totem pole of a public highschool, it is also the most stressful times of the year and having to deal with the below par information my math teacher had given us all throughout the semester it had taken a toll on me. I was tired and had a horible migraine, and somewhat releived that the day was half over and waiting in a lunch line to get some food. but as i was waiting a kid jumps on my back and starts biting my shoulder and part of my neck. and the Vice prinicpal was watching this and did not do anything about it. so after i threw him off i punched him in the jaw and the right eye and for some stupid reason the Vice principal had seen this and took us both out of the lunch room and proceieds to yell at me for punching him, i had argued with him and he said that he did not see the kid bite me, and only say me punching him. he had let the kid go took me in his office and was threating expulsion for starting a fight.
but the cool thing about this was he had called my mom, who by this time had already known of my predciment at the school, was yelling at him over the phone which i could hear as palin as day. so he hangs up the phone and tells me to leave without punishing me which i thought was funny.

band43seat

Mar 13, 2010
this one isnt me, but my brother, he was savagaly beaten to an inch of his life by 5 guys, including a broken nose, and he gets suspended for a week, while only 2 of the guys got suspended fora couple days, with one of them having a history of bullying

Bios06

Devil's Little Sister
Feb 26, 2011
For someone who tried really hard to not get into trouble, I seemed to have found a lot of sourly demeanored teachers.

4th grade teacher bitched me out every time I went home sick (I had bad digestive tract problems and this happened a lot, she assumed I was just making shit up so I could skip school)

5th grade teacher gave me a detention for burping in class, no joke (byproduct of digestive issues) Also got food poisoning that year and puked in class, when I finally came back to school, the teacher made me clean it myself. He also made fun of me every time someone else got sick because "they didn't puke on their desks."

Didn't have any further problems until High school.

9th grade - yelled at, thrown out of class, and given detention for "not paying attention". Apparently the two seconds it took me to pull a stray stitch from my shirt was too long to look away from the holocaust video we were watching at the time. That woman was batshit insane. This was revoked by the principle as this woman issued detentions to 5 other students, all of which were deemed ridiculous.

10th grade - "leaving designated area for field trip". Another case of a jerkoff teacher issuing detentions because he decided we broke the rules and left the "designated area" for lunch (btw, this was the entire food court of a mall, and he decided if he hadn't seen you in the food court at some point, that you had left it and were in trouble) All of the issued detentions were revoked, can't even tell you how many were issued, all my friends got in trouble.

11th grade - detention for "loitering after school". My brother was supposed to pick me up and was late. A teacher found me standing at a staircase where everyone was usually picked up (however at that point everyone had left and I was the only one) yelled at me for being "unsupervised" and I told him I was walking home as my ride was now 40 min late. Another student passed me as I was gathering my things and I started walking away. My brother finally showed up about 5 min later as I was just getting off campus. The next day, I get called to principle's office and was told I was issued a detention for "not following directions and loitering" since the other student reported seeing me after the teacher had yelled at me. As the principle knew me (THANK GOD!) and I wasn't one to make trouble, it was revoked.

11th grade - detention for being "chronically late and/or absent to class". The class I was late to? HOMEROOM! God forbid I miss homeroom, but apparently it was the worst thing ever. My mom (who was driving me) was working night shifts and wasn't off until 7:30 am, homeroom officially started at 8:00 and I never made it in time because of morning rush hour traffic. Apparently the excuse "my mother works nights" didn't work, the teacher decided I was making things up, and gave me the only detention I actually did ever serve in HS.

All I learned from going to school? 3/4 of my teachers were incompetent pricks!

Serge A. Storms

Oct 7, 2009
Once was accused of using a racial slur against someone. Ironically (or not) it was my word against his and my word won so hard the issue went from a possible suspension to completely disappearing within half an hour.

wolas3214

Mar 30, 2011
Oh god.. well waaay back in elementary days this kindegarden girlw as singing "this land is my land" so i decided to teach her the f*cked up version( not your land, gunna blow your head off with a shotgun etc. )

long story short she took it seriously and the cops got invovled, etc.

instantbenz

Pixel Pusher
Mar 25, 2009
sharpening my pencil for too long because the pencil sharpener was as old as the hag who got me into trouble. was I mad that she died a year after I graduated? not very. crotchety old *****

WILIZIN

Jan 24, 2011
WARNING! LONG STORY WITH A GREAT KARMATIC ENDING FOLLOWS

Okay Seeing as how I have a sheet of detentions about 40+ pages long I'll summarize what happened in middle school (Grades 6-8)

A majority of all my problems can be traced back to 2 black brothers who had the I.Q. of your average amoeba.
1. They would trash my locker
2. Shove me in said locker
3. Kick and hit me in the halls
4. destroy my homework (Also any time our Artwork or big projects was posted in the halls, MINE was the only one which had curses and other things done to it.)
5. Once they threw a hall garbage can over me completely covering me in old soda sap.
6. Beat me over the head with a chair.
7. Almost cut off my right hand with a circular saw.
And Finaly, one of the brothers once came up to me in class when the teacher was out and began to punch the living hell out of me. He acted like he was on PPC as he picked up a desk and threw it at me. Then when I was knocked on the floor face down, he got on my back and proceeded to strangle me while pulling back bending my back and nearly snapping my spine. Luckily, I threw him off but when I got back up I was met with a flury of more blows. TILL FINALLY I took TWO swings, missed, and he punched me straight in the face breaking my glasses and causing my nose to bleed profusely.

All this time kids were cheering him on, KILL HIM, YEAH PUNCH HIM. But then one said the teacher was coming and they all fled including him. To which he said I was lucky and that he would have killed me if she wasn't showing up.

SO, the teacher comes into the room seeing it torn apart, and me bleeding out on the ground and what does she say to me? "What happened in here?" Dryly. Like it was a bother to her. I of course in my state of high adrenaline and battered body respond in the most eloquent way possible. "WHAT THE F**K DO YOU THINK HAPPENED YOU DUMB B**CH!? I ALMOST GOT F**KING KILLED! CALL 911 D**NIT!"

Well they refused to call it and instead had the nurse patch me up. (That nurse was a Godsend in that hell hole) And I got a WEEK of In School Suspension, while the other guy got a week of OUT OF SCHOOL SUSPENSION. Great so the f**ker gets a week of vacation for nearly killing me and I get to stare at a wall for a week? Also BOTH of us were sent to court for aggravated assault. HE got a s**t ton of community service and a few months in Juvenal hall. I got nothing. Thank heavens the judge had a brain about him.

Now THE OTHER BROTHER, hated me know that his bro was in juvie again so he amped up the rage against me. More of the same events as listed above BUT, I got the best revenge on him in two ways.

The first way was in the schools BRAND NEW computer system. They had all gotten Emacs and if anyone remembers them they had the security walls of a cardboard box. 1 day before all our important finals were due I hacked (More so just worked around the password login in screen and ran it as an administrator WHICH IRONICALLY had no password) into older bully bros homework account and DELETED EVERY F**KING FILE AND BACKUP. The next day they brought me in for questioning but they had no proof I did it. Which I stated to the principal with a smug look on my face.
The second way was that year near the end of the school year there was a chess tournament going on and I had made it to the finals. And low and behold WHO should be in the finals as well but older bully bro. This astounded me that ONE he knew how to play chess and TWO That he could play it CONTEMPLATIVELY enough to get this far. Well we played back and forth and he was actually quite good at chess. Maybe if he wasn't such a big D**K we could have been friends. It came down to the final few moves and I was able to checkmate him. He stared at me with this death glare and then flipped the board and left. I however won, was given extra credit, and got a 12 pack of mountain dew. Which I proceeded to hand out to the class cause I HATE mountain dew. And everyone got one, yes, even bully bro (After I shook it up a good few seconds XD)

So after those 3 years of events I was in detention because of these bully brothers for defending myself. I had a total of 68 Period detentions (1 hour each), 19 In school Suspension days, and 3 Out of school suspension days. All involving defending myself or yelling at teachers for ignoring what was happening right in front of them.

TL;DR MY CHILDHOOD SUCKED BALLS. At least high school was awesome.

Exerzet

Sep 6, 2010
For being unlucky enough to sit NEXT to someone who swore during class. Teacher was sure I'd done it, despite my refusals my unblemished track record. Missed the last bus home while arguing with them because the guy who DID swear was allowed to go home unhindered ><

fenix20xx

Sep 28, 2010
Hey, first post.

OT: I lived in a semi rural area around 30 mins drive from school and being the diligent attendee I usually got away at a specific time because traffic can be a ***** if I leave 30 seconds either side. Part way down the road I realised I'd forgotten my calculator and turned around to go get it, this made me 10 mins late when I got to school.

Granted with my school being in a low income, low participation area (decile 2 if that means anything to anyone) they had instituted an automatic referral for lateness. I figured with my good attendance for form room (and I say good attendance in that I was often one of the only ones there despite living 30 mins away with non-attendees sometimes almost next door to the school) that perhaps the karma would flow and there'd be nary a mention.

Anyway I jog into class in hopes of mitigating my lateness and the form room teacher tells me I need to head to the office. I arrived there where the AP (who I and many others were generally on friendly terms with) immediately wrote me out a referral (equivalent to 30min detention) for the end of the day.

EDIT: full localisation implemented

diebane

Apr 7, 2010
I've blown a vuvuzela when we were leaving school, other classes werent dismissed yet, so a teacher got out of his class to herpderp us to the principal. Wasn't really big trouble, we had to design a poster or something, ridiculous.

mfG diiebane

hagar2

A RoMAN
Jul 24, 2010
i sung a song outside of class...and the shcool building... its true

also i got in trouble for breathing.

the story is our sub wwas saying that we were to loud. i told her that made no sense (we were quietly doing our work). she replied that were breathing to loud.

a friend and i told her off. im preety sure she wrote us up.(i also thought she was racist). we brought it to the principal but she ignored it. at least i think because i never saw that sub again.

Canid117

Oct 6, 2009
I didn't get into much trouble in school but one time I was running late to class and was handed a note for detention along with another dozen or so people. I walked off with the pass threw it in the garbage when I got to class and never heard about it again. I always wondered why late people got lunch detention for walking to class though.

Phoenix_XIII

May 15, 2011
In 8th grade, I had a cousin (same grade) who bullied me and tormented me non-stop. One day on the bus after refusing to leave me alone and continuing to sit by me on the bus in the same seat, being a complete tosser, I shoved him out of the seat into the one right by ours and he launched himself at me and tried to kill me.

Suspended for a few days. For shoving someone. I regret nothing.